News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on July 13, 2013, 08:47:24 PM
I'm glad Johnson got busted.  It's about time.  It will make for an interesting race to watch tomorrow as  well, just to see if he can work his way back to the front.  I won't be rooting for him, but more like against him :D  I'm gonna predict another one car parade lap like the Nationwide race.

I say Newman should look for a Nationwide ride.  Maybe, even hook back up with Penske. 
:2thumbs: He will get a good ride somewhere, too good of a driver not to... Back to the boring a$$ draft races again, only more boring racing is the fuel mileage races... gear them things different & get rid of restrictor plates, limit the speed or RPM's by the gearing instead, give them some control back to the drivers, lets see some great racing instead...  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TruckDriver

NBC to take over part of NASCAR TV package in 2015

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nbc-over-part-nascar-tv-192157045--nascar.html

NASCAR will return to NBC in 2015, ending its eight-year partnership with both ESPN and Turner Sports.
The 10-year deal with NBC Sports Group announced Tuesday begins in 2015 and gives the network the final 20 Sprint Cup Series races of the season and final 19 Nationwide races. NBC last broadcast races in 2006 before ESPN took over its portion of the schedule. NBC will air seven Cup races, while 13 will be on the NBC Sports Network. The Nationwide Series will have four events on NBC and 15 on NBC Sports Network. There are still three Sprint Cup races to be sold, which Herbst believes will move quickly. Lazarus said NBC purchased everything made available to the network, which means the three events not currently held by Fox were not offered.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Anyone watch the trucks practice at Eldora tonight? Going to be an interesting race tomorrow night.  :yesnod:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

A383Wing

Quote from: General_01 on July 23, 2013, 09:29:30 PM
Anyone watch the trucks practice at Eldora tonight? Going to be an interesting race tomorrow night.  :yesnod:

no...I didn't......

(damn)

TruckDriver

I forgot about the practice session too :-\
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

Trucks qualifying today at Eldora .....4PM, Pacific time, Speed Channel

Budnicks

Quote from: A383Wing on July 24, 2013, 09:37:10 AM
:slap: I'll be watchen' for sure, I have #51 Bloomquist {Kyle Busch's truck}& #152 Ken Schrader in my picks for that race, both really good dirt guys, lets hope anyway  :popcrn:

A383Wing

I think there's gonna be a lot of banged up trucks tonight

JB400

The crew chiefs are gonna have the hardest time tonight.  If they've never set up a dirt car before, they're eating dirt. :lol:  It will be cool to see the pit crew doing their work though. :popcrn: :popcrn:

Dirt is for racing, asphalt is how you get there :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

good heat race. this will be fun.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 24, 2013, 06:18:20 PM
good heat race. this will be fun.

yea...this dirt track racing needs to be done at a larger track next

nvrbdn

i agree, bigger track could add alot of excitement. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

my favorite...Ken Schrader

Budnicks

Quote from: Budnicks on July 24, 2013, 05:12:06 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on July 24, 2013, 09:37:10 AM
:slap: I'll be watchen' for sure, I have #51 Bloomquist {Kyle Busch's truck}& #152 Ken Schrader in my picks for that race, both really good dirt guys, lets hope anyway  :popcrn:
I didn't do so well  :brickwall: , #51 Schrader did really well in Qualifying, but not too well in the actual race, #52 Bloomquist was a couple laps down... oh well  :slap:

nvrbdn

the racing was awesome though. exciting right down to the end. we need more of this stuff. our local dirt track has all the big guns here for the weekend. mabey i need to see a dirt race live again. :scratchchin:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Watched the qualifying races, but fell asleep during commersials :brickwall: Did wake up to catch the last 75 laps and loved every minute of it.  Outside of MW's can't shut up commentary, the racing was great :2thumbs:  I hope Nascar does more dirt races in the future.  At least do a Nationwide race.  I doubt that we'll see a Cup race on dirt, but I can dream.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Nationwide races on NBC.  More races I can watch having just an antenna :2thumbs: :woohoo: :woohoo:

djcarguy

any races sat an or sunday,pacific time helpful,,,thanks in advance bored out of grord here today an neck an back pain..  went out an got some apples off my trees for excitment    DID NOT WORk,HA HA HA,,....?

did watch trucks on dirt the other day ,liked it an a great change up.   few weeks  ago spent 9 hrs at cottege grove raceway,clay track,oregon. saw midgets an vintage sprints and wing sprint circut was there. so teams from many states with big semi"s and backup cars,,,the big time for our area.

well was a small car show today but no shade an lots of walking so i had to skip that one.. have a good weekend mopar addicts an race fans. :cheers: :2thumbs: :popcrn:looking too watch a race an relax with some pain pills :D dj

nvrbdn

brickyard 400 indy motor speedway sunday at 1 eastern, 12 central on ESPN  10 on the west coast. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

I predict another JJ 400 :eek2:  I hope it's not so, but that's the way luck goes.

chargerboy69

Newman on the pole for the Brickyard. . . the auditioning for a team is starting.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Budnicks

10 to go Newman is leading JJ  :2thumbs: , lets hope he pulls it off

TruckDriver

PETE

chargerboy69

Yes. . .way to go Ryan, I am so happy for him.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

what an awesome day for ryan. new speed record for the track, pole, and finish on top.  indiana boy does it. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House