News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Whose gonna hit the jet dryer with him gone?

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 16, 2013, 04:26:03 PM
Whose gonna hit the jet dryer with him gone?
:nana: yeah then there's that  :brickwall:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Chargen69

i just read the last article on JPM, where he basically said how long does jeff gordon have, the 24 would be nice.

I am not a jeff gordon fan AT ALL, but JPM aint qualified to sit in the 24

A383Wing

Juan needs to go back to where ever he came from, was it Cuba?.....and take his snotty wife back with him

Newman needs to go to the 42, Kurt Busch needs to stay in the car he's in, 78 I think? He has proven he can drive, and Furniture Row has gotten lots of air time with him there.

Hope Vickers does good for the 55 team, even though I'm not crazy about Mickey Big-mouth Waltrip

OK, who did I miss?

Chargen69

Quote from: A383Wing on August 17, 2013, 09:09:01 PM
Juan needs to go back to where ever he came from, was it Cuba?.....and take his snotty wife back with him

Newman needs to go to the 42, Kurt Busch needs to stay in the car he's in, 78 I think? He has proven he can drive, and Furniture Row has gotten lots of air time with him there.

Hope Vickers does good for the 55 team, even though I'm not crazy about Mickey Big-mouth Waltrip

OK, who did I miss?

Junior needs to win more than a race every two years!

Aero426

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 17, 2013, 08:40:41 PM
i just read the last article on JPM, where he basically said how long does jeff gordon have, the 24 would be nice.

I am not a jeff gordon fan AT ALL, but JPM aint qualified to sit in the 24

Gordon has a lifetime contract with Hendrick.

Good chance that JPM will wind up in sports cars. 

JB400

Montoya is originally from Columbia.  What he'll drive next year, hard to tell.  So far, the only cars open are the 42 and the 29.  Rumor has it that Kyle Larson might move into the 42.  The only deal is, moving him up to quick like Gibbs did Logano.  Larson is good, but I'm not for sure if he's good enough for Cup.  My bet is that Newman ends up in the 42.  I don't know if Austin Dillon is good enough for the 29 just yet.

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 17, 2013, 11:43:40 PM
Montoya is originally from Columbia.  What he'll drive next year, hard to tell.  So far, the only cars open are the 42 and the 29.  Rumor has it that Kyle Larson might move into the 42.  The only deal is, moving him up to quick like Gibbs did Logano.  Larson is good, but I'm not for sure if he's good enough for Cup.  My bet is that Newman ends up in the 42.  I don't know if Austin Dillon is good enough for the 29 just yet.
well said, that sounds about right to me anyway, Dillon needs more time in Nationwide & Trucks, wrecking Grampa's cars  :nana:

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Budnicks on August 18, 2013, 01:58:42 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 17, 2013, 11:43:40 PM
well said, that sounds about right to me anyway, Dillon needs more time in Nationwide & Trucks, wrecking Grampa's cars  :nana:

Dillion's already headed to cup in the 3 car if Newman or bush don't take the 29 it gets renumbered back to the 3. That's one reason why harvick left no room at the inn with grampas boys moving up.

Maybe Martin will take the 42 part time and be a coach for Larson?

JB400

Being that Budweiser is going with Harvick, it is possible that the 29 might not race next year.  That would allow 1 more year for Dillon to get more practice in Nationwide with just part time rides in the Cup, possibly in the 3 or 29.  It would mostly depend on sponsorship though.  Of course, what sponsor would refuse the 3? :scratchchin:

chargerboy69

I remember reading a couple weeks ago RCR was considering moving to a four car team next year which would allow Newman to take over the 29 and Dillon to run a new 3 team, it all depended on sponsorship. Harvick has done well at RCR, but he is about their only driver that is competitive.  Taking over the spot at EGR would suck.  Unfortunately for Newman, I feel both rides are a big step down.

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 17, 2013, 09:23:09 PM

Now this is just my opinion. . . Junior is not there to win races, he is there for the big time sponsorship money he brings in and his merchandise sales.  Some owners could run two teams off the cash Junior is bring in.  The kid is usually competitive, and more often than not in the Chase, but he has never been a race winner like Jimmie, Stewart, Kyle Bush, Hamlin, ect. . His popularity helps pay the bills.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Chargen69

yeah i understand the machine, he can race for as long as he wants to, whether he wins or not. that works for the sponsors, hendrick and the many people that work there.

however, if junior thought he would never win races again, all he was gonna do was compete for a top 5 or 10 every week, he would quit.

JB400

I'll give him credit that he has been doing better.  When he first signed on, he wasn't doing any better than the guys driving the 25 car.  But, since he got Gordon's crew chief, he's at least been consistant up front.  Before, he was either wrecking in the first 50 laps, or the last 50.  But, I will agree that he's there only to sell merchandise.

Ray Evernham needs to be Gordon's crew chief again.  They made an awesome pair.  Maybe, they'd give JJ and Chad a run for the money.

Is this race going to just run under yellow all day? :icon_smile_angry:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Budnicks

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 18, 2013, 10:48:27 AM
I remember reading a couple weeks ago RCR was considering moving to a four car team next year which would allow Newman to take over the 29 and Dillon to run a new 3 team, it all depended on sponsorship. Harvick has done well at RCR, but he is about their only driver that is competitive.  Taking over the spot at EGR would suck.  Unfortunately for Newman, I feel both rides are a big step down.

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 17, 2013, 09:23:09 PM

Now this is just my opinion. . . Junior is not there to win races, he is there for the big time sponsorship money he brings in and his merchandise sales.  Some owners could run two teams off the cash Junior is bring in.  The kid is usually competitive, and more often than not in the Chase, but he has never been a race winner like Jimmie, Stewart, Kyle Bush, Hamlin, ect. . His popularity helps pay the bills.
:2thumbs:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Logano won???????????  Not a surprise for a Penske car, but Logano?

A383Wing

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 18, 2013, 03:15:16 PM
Logano won???????????  Not a surprise for a Penske car, but Logano?

well, shit that Logano won, but glad JJ blew up

chargerboy69

You know I really did like Stewart, and for the most part thought he was a straight up guy.  Now I see they have offered Kurt Busch a 4th car ride for next year.  Now originally they were dumping Ryan because there was no 4th team, they were not ready for one. Then they could not find a sponsor for him, but yet him and Gene Haas would sponsor Kurts car. It was said Ryan and Stewart were best of friends, with friends like him, who needs enemies.  As far as I am concerned Stewart can go "F" himself with his crutches he is hobbling around on. What a total douche bag.

And yes, I am a pissed off Newman fan.

Kurt Busch headed to Stewart-Haas? Stewart Haas Racing has submitted a formal offer to #78-Kurt Busch to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry beginning in 2014, multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed to ESPN.com. The proposed deal would team Busch with team owner Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick in the SHR stable. Asked for confirmation Sunday, SHR spokesman Mike Arning submitted the following statement via email: "Stewart-Haas Racing constantly strives to improve itself, and expansion is something that is often discussed. If the right opportunity presents itself, it's something the team will certainly consider." Busch was unavailable for comment Sunday night. Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR. Busch has performed quite well this season in the #78 Chevy from Furniture Row Racing, but team sources say FRR has yet to offer him a contract extension.(ESPN)(8-19-2013)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Aero426

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 19, 2013, 08:10:13 AM
Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR.

This is the strange part.   Because any time you see Haas on the car, it means they did not have sponsorship "sold" for that race.    So they are saying they would put Busch in a car, but the don't have a full time sponsor - at least to announce now. 

chargerboy69

Quote from: Aero426 on August 19, 2013, 08:16:00 AM
Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR.

This is the strange part.   Because any time you see Haas on the car, it means they did not have sponsorship "sold" for that race.    So they are saying they would put Busch in a car, but the don't have a full time sponsor - at least to announce now. 

Unless they just want to get Kurt signed and are hoping a sponsor will come along. Then again maybe they can not find anyone who wants to sponsor his attitude.

Kurt is a past champion and a very good driver, but still has a personality issue.

--Gerald Ford

JB400

I think it'd be Kurts' best interest to stay at Furniture Row if he has the option.  He has been pretty consistent over there, and has learned to control his temper out in public more often.  If he blows up in the car, they're keeping that hush hush.

I was following the race over at Nascar.com.  They had to stop the in car audio because someone in the 48 camp was throwing profanity out quite often before his engine grenaded :rofl:

nvrbdn

im on board on the tony can go &*)(*&^^%$%^#%^#^%$^&%&*^)(.  another pissed off ryan fan.

really happy with the JJ stuff going on. wish it would wait and happen in the chase :D

Kurt is doing well where he is.  if he jumps, i know he has to do what is best for him, but i will not root for him in tony's camp.

break another leg tony :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

You know I really did like Stewart, and for the most part thought he was a straight up guy.  Now I see they have offered Kurt Busch a 4th car ride for next year.  Now originally they were dumping Ryan because there was no 4th team, they were not ready for one. Then they could not find a sponsor for him, but yet him and Gene Haas would sponsor Kurts car. It was said Ryan and Stewart were best of friends, with friends like him, who needs enemies.  As far as I am concerned Stewart can go "F" himself with his crutches he is hobbling around on. What a total douche bag.

And yes, I am a pissed off Newman fan.

Kurt Busch headed to Stewart-Haas? Stewart Haas Racing has submitted a formal offer to #78-Kurt Busch to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry beginning in 2014, multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed to ESPN.com. The proposed deal would team Busch with team owner Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick in the SHR stable. Asked for confirmation Sunday, SHR spokesman Mike Arning submitted the following statement via email: "Stewart-Haas Racing constantly strives to improve itself, and expansion is something that is often discussed. If the right opportunity presents itself, it's something the team will certainly consider." Busch was unavailable for comment Sunday night. Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR. Busch has performed quite well this season in the #78 Chevy from Furniture Row Racing, but team sources say FRR has yet to offer him a contract extension.(ESPN)(8-19-2013)
Very interesting, thanks for sharing...

Budnicks

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 19, 2013, 08:26:08 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on August 19, 2013, 08:16:00 AM

Unless they just want to get Kurt signed and are hoping a sponsor will come along. Then again maybe they can not find anyone who wants to sponsor his attitude.

Kurt is a past champion and a very good driver, but still has a personality issue.

He has toned it down some, maybe he's grown up a little, he's a damn good driver thou...