News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 29, 2013, 11:12:11 AM
Quote from: Chargen69 on August 29, 2013, 11:10:19 AM
They all go off, but Kurt is on another level
More like the most publicized.  Media creates a person's image.  One slip and you're branded for life.

yeah, he has been branded for a while now, but if he was smart, he wouldnt have been caught for the last two big things he did, telling that reporter on camera that he was being restrained, or he would have beat the S#*t out of him, and the one before that with jerry   

Budnicks

Quote from: moparstuart on August 29, 2013, 08:31:38 AM
  I have always liked Kurt and he gets a bad wrap for not being a personable guy  but this is a great local morning show interview he did    He came off to me as a great down to earth guy .

http://www.entercomkc.com/fjd/2013/71713/Kurt%20Busch%207-16.mp3 

:2thumbs: yeah he sounds like a great personable guy there for sure :2thumbs:
Quote from: Chargen69 on August 29, 2013, 11:18:03 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 29, 2013, 11:12:11 AM
Quote from: Chargen69 on August 29, 2013, 11:10:19 AM
They all go off, but Kurt is on another level
More like the most publicized.  Media creates a person's image.  One slip and you're branded for life.

yeah, he has been branded for a while now, but if he was smart, he wouldnt have been caught for the last two big things he did, telling that reporter on camera that he was being restrained, or he would have beat the S#*t out of him, and the one before that with jerry   
Quote from: nvrbdn on August 29, 2013, 09:07:13 AM
ive felt he gets more of a bad rap also. i know he went off, but ive heard alot of the "favorites" do the same. i feel a microphone shouldnt be shoved into a face right after some idiot takes someone out. and the in car tantrums of quite a few of the top drivers have been cut short.
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

A383Wing

Quote from: Aero426 on August 21, 2013, 12:58:40 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 17, 2013, 11:43:40 PM
Larson is good, but I'm not for sure if he's good enough for Cup.  My bet is that Newman ends up in the 42.  

Larson will get the #42 ride.    

he got it...I'm not all that sure about him yet...time will tell

Aero426

ESPN reporting that Jeff Burton will be out at RCR at the end of the season.   That should clear the way for Ryan Newman.

Penalties from the post truck race slap of Max Papis should be announced later today. 

nvrbdn

i will take anything right now for ryan. just wanna get something lined up. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

I'm surprised it took Burton this long to lose his ride.  I think it's time that he steps out like Ward and mentor Jebb.

Aero426

The likely situation is that RCR has worked out a deal with a satellite team that they supply chassis and engines to.   They are talking about Jeff running a car for Tommy Baldwin Racing.      TBR gets their stuff from RCR.   

Aero426

Mike Skeen's belligerant girlfriend indefinitely banned from NASCAR events for the Papislap.    Video if you haven't seen it. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2013-09-04/max-papis-slap-mike-skeen-girlfriend-kelly-heaphy-banned-penalized?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter.

Skeen is a talented road racer who was competing in trucks at Mosport.   He normally runs up front in SCCA World Challenge.   

chargerboy69

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 04, 2013, 11:29:28 AM
i will take anything right now for ryan. just wanna get something lined up. :2thumbs:

RCR will not be a bad ride for him.  I still feel it is a small step down, but it is a ride.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

i agree that it wont be on the same level. but he will be on the track.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

look what Kurt Busch did with a "no name" team in the 78....I think Ryan would be good for RCR...

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on September 04, 2013, 07:34:40 PM
look what Kurt Busch did with a "no name" team in the 78....I think Ryan would be good for RCR...
:2thumbs: I agree
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Fox is showing that Montoya is visiting the 78 crew. :scratchchin:

A383Wing

if they were smart, they would show him the door and slam it in his ass on the way out

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

Quote from: A383Wing on September 05, 2013, 05:19:17 PM
if they were smart, they would show him the door and slam it in his ass on the way out

:icon_smile_big: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Budnicks

Quote from: A383Wing on September 04, 2013, 07:34:40 PM
:2thumbs: yep & me too
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

djcarguy

race was kinda slow .then end looked good for newman an joey l to get out off chase. but late caution all booo edwades wins with funny restart..  joey in ,,boo j gordan out of chase??

well time to go drive in traffic allways more fun being all wund up from watching a race,,ha ha hah :o :RantExplode: :shruggy: :'( :slap: :drool5: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :brickwall: :nana:

400/6/PAC

Congrats to the drivers that made the chase.
To bad for Newman He was so close.
Joey and Truex Jr did good, And Kurt made it after all He's been through,
Good race Today.

A383Wing

Not a Joey fan, but him in is better than  Gordon....I hope the 48 still has bad luck the rest of the season

congrats to all who made the Chase

JB400

I'm glad Kurt made the Chase,BUT why wasn't Edwards black flagged?  I think there's a deal about not beating the leader to the Start/ Finish line.  Where's the consistency?  Several other times, a driver has been black flagged a time or two for doing so.  Edwards was one of them.

nvrbdn

now that newman is out of the chase, the one good thing about leaving stewart haas is that he wont have to deal with that sucky pit crew he has. they constantly over the last two years lost him spots on the track. now i understand the difference in 2 tires and 4, but constantly that crew lost spots.

funny that his so called team mate martin only takes 2 tires to land right in front of newman and doesnt take off and even comes up the track when ryan tries to go to the middle on the restart. i would have thought that the team would try to get one of their cars in the chase and not hold him up.oh well, im a bit bias and glad i wont root for a hendrick car or team at all now.

glad jj had a horrible night and little jeffy didnt make the chase. dont like logano, but he is better than gordon.

ok, done with my rant.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

edwards should have been penalized, but wasnt. kurt should have won the race.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 07, 2013, 10:24:42 PM
edwards should have been penalized, but wasnt. kurt should have won the race.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

thedodgeboys

What about that cheating Bowyer in the 15 spinning out to keep Newman from winning the race...

What Junior thinks
http://youtu.be/kQAnmbXcuLE

and the NA$CAR feed his in car sure tells the story..
http://youtu.be/FWjmF__8VXc

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/09/08/clint-bowyer-spin-martin-truex-jr-ryan-newman-chase-richmond/2781487/
What say you?