News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: Chargen69 on September 09, 2013, 04:19:03 PM
well dropping the multi car teams is a dream that will never happen, the sponsors prefer them
Yeah I relies that, but it causes many actual racing problems too...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 09, 2013, 07:35:56 PM
ha ha thats awesome :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I agree. $300,000 fine for MWR as well. Pretty amazing they did the right thing.
496 stroker
4-speed

nvrbdn

i have to give it to nascar, but i think the thing that cemented it was for the two cars to let logano pass in order to knock gordon out of the top ten. when they weighed everything, it all fell into place. i agree, pretty amazing that they made the decision to do it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Amazing information... I still would have like to of seen the 15 get penalized chase points   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

CONCORD, N.C. - NASCAR announced Monday night that Ryan Newman will replace Martin Truex Jr. in the Chase because of Michael Waltrip Racing's actions in Saturday night's race at Richmond International Raceway.

NASCAR docked all three Michael Waltrip Racing drivers and cars 50 points each. Those penalties came before the reset of the points. That drops Truex to 17th in the standings (691 points) and behind Newman, allowing Newman to make the Chase.

NASCAR also fined Michael Waltrip Racing $300,000 and indefinitely suspended general manager Ty Norris. All three MWR crew chiefs were placed on probation until Dec. 31.

TruckDriver

Watch Toyota drop them now too  :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

Quote from: Budnicks on September 09, 2013, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on September 09, 2013, 04:19:03 PM
well dropping the multi car teams is a dream that will never happen, the sponsors prefer them
Yeah I relies that, but it causes many actual racing problems too...

actually, i think the shared information and R&D have made the cars faster, it's NASCAR putting them in a box that makes the racing SUCK

Chargen69

Quote from: thedodgeboys on September 09, 2013, 07:55:56 PM
Amazing information... I still would have like to of seen the 15 get penalized chase points   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

CONCORD, N.C. - NASCAR announced Monday night that Ryan Newman will replace Martin Truex Jr. in the Chase because of Michael Waltrip Racing's actions in Saturday night's race at Richmond International Raceway.

NASCAR docked all three Michael Waltrip Racing drivers and cars 50 points each. Those penalties came before the reset of the points. That drops Truex to 17th in the standings (691 points) and behind Newman, allowing Newman to make the Chase.

NASCAR also fined Michael Waltrip Racing $300,000 and indefinitely suspended general manager Ty Norris. All three MWR crew chiefs were placed on probation until Dec. 31.

WOW!  I Cant believe they followed through on that, happy newman is in, but holy cow, nascar surprised me.  I figured they fine clint and let it go.

JB400

That hurts Michael Waltrip's credibility big time.  I would be pissed if I was a sponsor and know that this happened.  I think Nascar should go ahead and put Gordon in the Chase as well.  That'll give one more car to contest the 15 unless the 15 and 24 swap places. :scratchchin:

Chargen69

what kind of make up session is newman gonna need with his crew now?

chargerboy69

Quote from: General_01 on September 09, 2013, 07:39:04 PM

I agree. $300,000 fine for MWR as well. Pretty amazing they did the right thing.

ESPN just reported $300,000 per car. If true, thats a huge fine. . . three cars.

Great to see Ryan in.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

A383Wing

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 09, 2013, 09:31:11 PM
  I think Nascar should go ahead and put Gordon in the Chase as well. 

NO!!

General_01

Quote from: Chargen69 on September 09, 2013, 09:32:00 PM
what kind of make up session is newman gonna need with his crew now?

The good thing is that he said it as a matter of fact. They didn't come through when it was needed most and you have to come through if you want to win championships. Heck, Tony said the same thing and look what happened there. Also, it's not like they swapped them for somebody else's pit crew ala' Gordon and Johnson.

Hopefully they realize they need to get better and with the penalties to MWR allowing them to get in the Chase they will pick it up and use the opportunity to show they are a better pit crew than they have been showing. :2thumbs:
496 stroker
4-speed

JB400

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 09, 2013, 09:32:23 PM
Quote from: General_01 on September 09, 2013, 07:39:04 PM

ESPN just reported $300,000 per car. If true, thats a huge fine. . . three cars.

Great to see Ryan in.
Penalty was $300k total.  On Nascar.com, MW claims that Vickers spotter acted alone on his decision to have Vickers pit. 

A383Wing

For Jeff Gordon, who missed the Chase by a single point when Logano made up the two positions at the end of the race, there's no relief. Gordon will not be in the Chase. And he was not happy about it.

"Take me out of this completely," Gordon Tweeted. "At this point all that matters to me is if @NASCAR decides to fix this then fix it completely!"

Helton said putting Gordon into the Chase, as well, was not something NASCAR was prepared to do.

"The way we go about these is we look at the incident and only the incident, because we know from experience that if you try to look at the ripple effect of an incident, you can't cover all those bases," said Helton. "You can't ever come up with a conclusion that is equitable and credible across the board. So we simply look at the incident and react to the incident, and whatever our reaction may create that has a ripple effect to it, as well, is what it is. But our focus is around the incident and what we were going to do to react around it; not the ripple effect of the incident or the ripple effect of our reaction."

Aero426

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 09, 2013, 10:37:30 PM

MW claims that Vickers spotter acted alone on his decision to have Vickers pit. 

The spotter also happens to be the General Manager of the entire MWR operation.   That is the significance. 

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Aero426 on September 09, 2013, 11:04:45 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 09, 2013, 10:37:30 PM

MW claims that Vickers spotter acted alone on his decision to have Vickers pit. 

The spotter also happens to be the General Manager of the entire MWR operation.   That is the significance. 

Michael Waltrip Racing Statement: Michael Waltrip Racing accepts the penalties issued by NASCAR this evening and plans to move forward in the 2013 season. Michael Waltrip, founder and co-owner of MWR: What occurred on the #55 radio at the end of Saturday nights race in Richmond was a split-second decision made by team spotter Ty Norris to bring the #55 to pit lane and help a teammate earn a place in the Chase. We regret the decision and its impact. We apologize to NASCAR, our fellow competitors, partners and fans who were disappointed in our actions. We will learn from this and move on. As general manager, Ty Norris has been an integral part of Michael Waltrip Racing since its founding and has my and (co-owner) Rob Kauffmans full support.(MWR)(9-9-2013)

So the indefinitely suspended Ty Norris, MWR Executive Vice President/General Manager and spotter for the #55 car will not be appealed according to Waltrip, that's going to be tuff on Ty.

I'm still mad the 15 didn't get penalized post chase points, maybe they will park him for the first 50 laps on pit road this weekend???  :slap:

JB400

There was nothing really to indicate that he did it deliberately.  Just Jr's testimony. :scratchchin:

nvrbdn

maybe gordon will have something to say about how the points are gathered in the chase for boyer.

and nascar cant fix all the ripple. a win was taken away from newman. winners payout was taken away. the trophy was taken away. watchin tony the cripple trying to get to the winners circle would have been fun to see.  oh well, nascar cant fix all the ripples, but at least they did something.

or did they?????????? :scratchchin: who made them think????? :scratchchin: did rick hendrick pressure nascar?? :scratchchin: waltrip knocked a hendrick chassis and engine out of the chase. :scratchchin: tony and rick are friends. :scratchchin: JR made all the claims on national T.V. :scratchchin:

who made nascar wake up and check this out???? :scratchchin:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 10, 2013, 07:44:43 AM
                                 who made nascar wake up and check this out???? :scratchchin:

It was on page 3 of the New York Times.   The story was on the verge of getting out of control.  

NASCAR got it from every angle.  The media, the competitors, the fans.     People were seriously pissed.    Did you see Ricky Craven on ESPN yesterday?   You could see the anger in his eyes.   

moparstuart

this shit happens all the time from NASCAR them selves ,  mystery cautions for Mystery debris on the track .  Just to close the race back up .  This stuff is nothing new .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on September 10, 2013, 11:00:36 AM
  this shit happens all the time from NASCAR them selves ,  mystery cautions for Mystery debris on the track .  Just to close the race back up .  This stuff is nothing new .

Right.  It is not new at all.   It is just the timing of how this particular incident went down.   It still smells bad.

nvrbdn

if you are napa, or 5 hour energy, what do you do? will there be any flack from them? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 10, 2013, 11:12:14 AM
if you are napa, or 5 hour energy, what do you do? will there be any flack from them? :shruggy:

I don't think there will be any repercussions from the sponsors.   Certainly not from NAPA as Truex did not do anything wrong.