News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

I wonder if petty had all this love back when he was winning every other week?

I'm no JJ fan but just like That guy that drove the 3 car and won 7 cup titles and tied the king you just got to respect what they have done cheating and all...

IMHO if na$car was putting the fix in, it would be for junior not JJ. A junior championship would boost ratings and put butts in the seats...

Let's hope Matt can rise to the challenge or we will be looking at history in the making.

A383Wing

odcics2

Wake up guys, Matt drives a TOYOTA...     :puke:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Since Dodge pulled out, it doesn't matter.  Same cars and pretty much the same engines anyway.

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on November 05, 2013, 05:27:53 AM

While Matt is from these parts and a good guy, I do not want to see Toyota win the title.   

JB400

Chevrolet already won the manufacturers' championship.

A383Wing

He could drive a Yugo for all I care...I'll root for Matt or anyone else to win the Cup before JJ or JG

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

All my heroes are dead or retired.  

I am not a Johnson fan at all, but his team is in a league of their own even compared to the other Hendrick cars.  The dude is a machine.   If he gets the sixth championship,  I want to see if he can get 7 to tie Earnhardt.    

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Aero426 on November 05, 2013, 12:09:07 PM
All my heroes are dead or retired.  

I am not a Johnson fan at all, but his team is in a league of their own compared to the other Hendrick cars.  The dude is a machine.   If he gets the sixth championship,  I want to see if he can get 7 to tie Earnhardt.    

I want Johnson - Junior Johnson!  :lol:

JB400

I agree.  Let's bring back the legends of Nascar.  That includes the cars.

Option 2:  Scrap the politics.  Let the drivers ( and crew members) be themselves.  More production based cars.  Just a roof and quarter windows isn't enough.  Lets see the 4.6 Cammers and the LS engines out there.

Aero426

NASCAR needs more characters like Tim Richmond.     Great program if you have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlIDLD_8G8o&feature=share

Budnicks

Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 04, 2013, 09:34:26 PM
I wonder if petty had all this love back when he was winning every other week?

I'm no JJ fan but just like That guy that drove the 3 car and won 7 cup titles and tied the king you just got to respect what they have done cheating and all...

IMHO if na$car was putting the fix in, it would be for junior not JJ. A junior championship would boost ratings and put butts in the seats...

Let's hope Matt can rise to the challenge or we will be looking at history in the making.
JJ isn't no Richard Petty, never will be either, no matter how many championships Hendricks buys/arranges rule changes for him...LOL...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

JB400

Petty is in a league of his own.  JJ will never reach the status that Petty is at.  He doesn't have the personality for it.

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 07, 2013, 04:39:11 PM
Petty is in a league of his own.  JJ will never reach the status that Petty is at.  He doesn't have the personality for it.
:nana: Yeah he's/JJ is just a NASCAR Robot/Speakerhead/Mouth Piece  :shruggy: , "King Richard" Petty, Bucked the system & tried to make it better for all drivers, not just the Hendricks teams...  :Twocents:

odcics2

Quote from: Budnicks on November 07, 2013, 04:41:17 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 07, 2013, 04:39:11 PM
Petty is in a league of his own.  JJ will never reach the status that Petty is at.  He doesn't have the personality for it.
:nana: Yeah he's/JJ is just a NASCAR Robot/Speakerhead/Mouth Piece  :shruggy: , "King Richard" Petty, Bucked the system & tried to make it better for all drivers, not just the Hendricks teams...  :Twocents:

Petty was the head of the drivers union (PDA)when Bill France was screwing them all...    :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

It looks like it's going to take a flat tire, blown engine, or a wreck for Matt to win it this year.

Of course, Matt was the last true champion that Nascar has had in the Cup.

TruckDriver

yup, j.j will have to crash early next week
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

yea...looks like some sort of miracle will be needed to stop the JJ train...

damn....

JB400

Still, anything can happen.  He was leading last year up till the last 2 races before Brad cinched it.

A383Wing

JB400

I know, I'm being optimistic.

On another note, Travis Pastrona is out after this year in the Nationwide series.  No sponsorship and wanting to spend time with family are the reasons he's calling it quits in Nascar.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2013/11/11/5093600/travis-pastrana-quitting-nascar-rally-x-games-roush-fenway-racing

Aero426

Pastrana would seem to be an experiment that failed.   He has command of the 18-34 year old crowd.   Yet they (and sponsors) did not seem to follow him to NASCAR.

The car often appeared to be pretty much unsponsored.  I assume that he was spending some of his own money to race in Nationwide with the hopes of bringing someone along.

Budnicks

Quote from: A383Wing on November 05, 2013, 11:19:58 AM

He could drive a Yugo for all I care...I'll root for Matt or anyone else to win the Cup before JJ or JG
exactly  :2thumbs:

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 12, 2013, 01:35:09 AM
I know, I'm being optimistic.

On another note, Travis Pastrona is out after this year in the Nationwide series.  No sponsorship and wanting to spend time with family are the reasons he's calling it quits in Nascar.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2013/11/11/5093600/travis-pastrana-quitting-nascar-rally-x-games-roush-fenway-racing
That's too bad  :brickwall: I was hoping he did well, he's done pretty well in all his other racing endeavors, not exactly the Nitro Circus demographic thou...