News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatbackFanatic

I'm pretty much done with NASCAR now, the whole family used to watch the races but now I watch a few minutes to see who's in the lead or any crashes.
I think its gotten a lot like Wrestling (WWE).And the "Chase" is a joke. :Twocents:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

djcarguy

One more race sunday . want bout anyone except jimmie to win. 

maybee we can take up a collection to put a hit on jimmies car early or a curse on his tires??   WHATS YOUR OPIONIONS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????   WHAT YA THINK HIT WILL COST???????????????????????????????????

JUST MY  :Twocents: :Twocents: :shruggy: :shruggy: :D :D :D :D :D :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn:

TruckDriver

J.J has got it unless he crashes in the first 50 laps, and really hurts the car so he goes at least 5 laps down :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

im bored with it. i will check in to see how its going, but probably wont see much of it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Anything can happen.  I'll probably won't bother watching it.  Homestead leads to boring races.  It'd be nice if the last race was at a more entertaining track.  

Kenseth is on the pole for Sunday.   We'll have to wait and see what happens. :popcrn:

Aero426

Jimmie Johnson responds to a washed up NFL quarterback.   Even if you don't like Johnson, it's pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ne_wOubhg

thedodgeboys

ASSCAR sure screwed up the end of the nationwide race tonight  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

A383Wing

Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 16, 2013, 07:39:30 PM
ASSCAR sure screwed up the end of the nationwide race tonight  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

yea..no kidding...that "snot nosed punk-ass rich kid" of Childress won the cup tonight...

damn

JB400

Didn't watch it.  Will someone give some details? :popcrn:

A383Wing

not much to tell...Hornish had to finish about 7 spots in front of Dillon...was a good race, but the kid beat him in the points...Hornish finished in front of Dillon, but he got second place

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 15, 2013, 11:19:10 PM
im bored with it. i will check in to see how its going, but probably wont see much of it.
:2thumbs: same ol' crap just another year, JJ or Hendricks teams in general,always comes on in the Chase, last year was a pleasant surprise, back to the same ol' crappy BORING NASCAR RACE show now
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: A383Wing on November 16, 2013, 08:33:36 PM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 16, 2013, 07:39:30 PM

yea..no kidding...that "snot nosed punk-ass rich kid" of Childress won the cup tonight...

damn

:2thumbs: Grampa's money....  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

A383Wing

damn....yea, fergot about "Grampa's Money' thing  :RantExplode: .....sorry....

thedodgeboys

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 16, 2013, 11:52:33 PM
Didn't watch it.  Will someone give some details? :popcrn:

Na$car cautions  :brickwall: mostly ruined the end Sam had the spoiled kid covered uncle they just keeper running lap after lap under caution tell finally Sam didn't have enough laps left to pull away from the 3 like he had all night.

It was just frustrating next year should be a real downer with that kid and the media drooling all over the return of the 3  :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

thedodgeboys

Quote from: A383Wing on November 17, 2013, 02:56:59 PM
damn....yea, fergot about "Grampa's Money' thing  :RantExplode: .....sorry....

That was classic at Martinsville when Harvick let loos about them kids coming up.

nvrbdn

the return of the three,  they just put a number on a car.    :shruggy:

now if they would have dug up dale and had him driving the car i would have been more impressed. :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Just because he drives the 3 doesn't mean he'll live up to the legend of the 3.  It does add some fuel to my idea that the Cup programs suffered this year to bring up the grandkids.

A383Wing

dyslexic teddybear

Expected. :brickwall:

Still crap. :RantExplode:

Less reason to watch next year.  :rotz:

JB400

Matt Kenseth was the last Champion that the Cup series has had.

A383Wing

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 17, 2013, 06:48:02 PM

yea....I agree....Tony was OK as well for me

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 17, 2013, 06:48:02 PM

I take your point......but given the Nascar pro-Hendrick/Chevy bias......Brad came pretty close to earning it.

JB400

I don't consider the Chase champions real Nascar Champions.  Nascar shouldn't have to create a drama topic.  Leave that to the drivers, teams, and chance to create the drama.  Nascar shouldn't have to manipulate the series to be a conversation piece.

dyslexic teddybear

Agree, the "chase" sucks.

It's all about the $$$, the "show", and Rick Hendricks.

Still, my observation stands, Brad came closest to earning it. JMO

Get ready for the next installment of "As the Nascar world turns"........Hendricks fixed it for six, a couple more and they will claim JJ is the best there ever was.

No doubt JJ is good, but he's no Richard Petty.

A383Wing

Seeing that the "fix for six" has been completed this year....I would like to see two changes in the next years racing format.

1) No more "saving spots" for drivers, if 55 cars show up to qualify for the weekend race, the top 43 in qualifying get to race, no more "provisionals" or past Champion reserved spots....if you can't qualify or crash during trying to qualify for the race, tough shit, you get to watch from the trailer

2) No more picking pit stalls after qualifying, pit stalls will be assigned to the driver in a random drawing like a Lottery Drawing....yer car number goes into one hopper, pit stall number goes into another hopper, after 43 cars have qualified for race, each hopper with car number and stall number will spit one ball out and that is the stall you get.

lets see how good these drivers are then