News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyslexic teddybear

Interesting ideas.

Get rid of the "free pass" too.

chargerboy69

I am not what you would call a Jimmie Johnson fan, but the guy is a darn good driver.  He and Chad make a great team and they know how to win races.  You can not just drop anyone in the 48 seat and win like Jimmie does.  . . . There are a lot of really good drivers out there, and Jimmie beats them week after week. Sorry guys, I do not believe of a Hendrick fix so the 48 can win races.  I believe if that was the case NASCAR would want the 88 out there instead. I have to give it up to Jimmie, he is a great driver and represents the sport with class.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

dyslexic teddybear

JJ is good, no doubt.

JJ sometime shows class......sometimes whines with the best of them. look at the "restarts" thing midyear.

Chads sharp....no doubt there either.

BUT.....I think a lot of the time......the 48 is just a bit more "equal" in the eyes of Nascar.

BIG $$$$ on the line.......and Jr fans are so loyal[and I admire them for it] they do not care if he wins or not.

I would say this.....think most drivers are extremely good at what they do......

Also think if you swapped cars with JJ and any of the top drivers.......the 48 would more often come out on top no matter who was driving.

JMO

nvrbdn

i have rewritten this several times, and then decided with this. im tired of the same garbage. the chase is garbage. it was invented to try to add excitement.  :eek2: it was put in so more fans could be happy that their driver has a chance to win it all. what they did is make it possible for this exact thing to happen. i watched the race from the dvr in super fast motion. looking for cautions. glad its over. ive spoken my feelings with nascar, JJ, JR. JG, and hendrick.  maybe i will heal before next season. :rotz:

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

62 Max

The biggest bunch of crap I heard was when NASCAR said any driver that showed aggressive driving toward Jimmy would face a stiff penalty .What's up with that shit ?

JB400

I didn't hear about that.  That's a bunch of crap.

On another note, it'll be interesting next year. If the 3 does come back, Nascar will do it's best to make a big deal out of it.

dyslexic teddybear

Hadn't heard that either. Was there any mention of Matt? Or were they just protecting JJ?

Likely just a rumor......but with everything that's happened this last few weeks.....the last was just last night with a loooooooog caution that so clearly favored a certain car.

Nascar has little perceived integrity.

Predict the 3 will be like Danica.

Get a LOT of publicity, make a huge amount of $$$$, and amount to very little.

JB400

I disagree about the 3.  I say grandpa has been holding back on the Cup program to bring up the grandkids.  Give Dillon about 7 or 8 races to get acquainted with the car and the crew chief, then we'll see the Aces up their sleeves.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 17, 2013, 11:16:16 PM
I disagree about the 3.  I say grandpa has been holding back on the Cup program to bring up the grandkids.  Give Dillon about 7 or 8 races to get acquainted with the car and the crew chief, then we'll see the Aces up their sleeves.

Good thing we can respectfully disagree  :2thumbs:

7-8 races? Seriously? :scratchchin:

Keep in mind, the guy that won last year, didn't make the "chase"? Think things are a bit more competitive then a a few aces up a sleeve. Look at the number of dam good, experienced drivers, in very good equipment, and no wins.

Good drivers, good crew chief, and good equipment.....and sometimes it just doesn't come together. Look at the 20 car......what Matt did. Joey finally got enough experience.....this year he amounted to something. Not that I particularly like him, but I think he's showing some potential.

JMO......I just do not see rookies amounting to much of anything but bending cars.

But hey....if your right, I'll owe you some  :cheers: :cheers:

A383Wing

I see a lot of damaged #3 cars during the year. Dillon has no respect for anyone else on the tracks he has raced against from what I have seen this year.

JB400

I'll have to agree about the damaged cars.  I'd almost bet that he doesn't survive Daytona.   But, the guy won 2 championships, back to back, in 3 years time.  Do I predict the same outcome next year, no.  Will he even win a race, doubt it.  But, if the 3 comes back, Nascar and the fans of the 3, are going to want immediate success.

62 Max

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on November 17, 2013, 10:18:23 PM
Hadn't heard that either. Was there any mention of Matt? Or were they just protecting JJ?

Likely just a rumor......but with everything that's happened this last few weeks.....the last was just last night with a loooooooog caution that so clearly favored a certain car.

Not a rumor,on NASCAR Live from their web site about 1/2 hr before start of race.And,no mention of any of the other drivers.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: 62 Max on November 18, 2013, 08:31:23 AM
Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on November 17, 2013, 10:18:23 PM

Not a rumor,on NASCAR Live from their web site about 1/2 hr before start of race.And,no mention of any of the other drivers.

Now that's interesting.....and Nascar wonders why they have a credibility problem? Certainly would explain why everyone gave JJ a LOTTA room. To be fair.....didn't see Matt have any problems either.

No offence intended, didn't mean to sound like I doubted you, dismissing as just a rumor. Sorry about that.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 18, 2013, 03:26:28 AM
I'll have to agree about the damaged cars.  I'd almost bet that he doesn't survive Daytona.   But, the guy won 2 championships, back to back, in 3 years time.  Do I predict the same outcome next year, no.  Will he even win a race, doubt it.  But, if the 3 comes back, Nascar and the fans of the 3, are going to want immediate success.

Totally agree on this.....expectations for a 3 would be unrealistic. Just as Jr was not Sr, Kyle was not Richard, etc.

No doubt, back to back IS an accomplishment. Daytona.....well, if he is in the right place/time, he can do well and make the unrealistic expectations problem worse........

odcics2

I hope they bring the 3 back like I remember it:

White Dodge Charger with a big red #3 with Buddy Baker driving.  Crew chief was Ray Fox!    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

odcics2

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Manufacturer Standings

November 17, 2013, Staff report, NASCAR.com

After Race 36 of the 2013 season at Homestead-Miami Speedway

Rank    Manufacturer    Points    Wins
1.    Chevrolet             254             16
2.    Toyota             229            14
3.    Ford                     194              6

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

thedodgeboys

He didn't win any races this year not one, Sam did but not the Dillion boy.

Aero426

Proof will be in the pudding next year.   Every racing series has a couple of drivers with family connections or money.    No one is complaining about Michael Annett moving from Nationwide to Cup.    His family owns Pilot/Flying J truck stops. 

Not a fan of the Dillon boy, but he no doubt will be markedly better than the little Princess in her second year.   Running 30th isn't too hard to beat. 

JB400

Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 18, 2013, 09:08:25 PM

He didn't win any races this year not one, Sam did but not the Dillion boy.

That was under the older points system that the Cup needs to go back to.  It's not about just winning races, but being consistent the longest.  Dillon didn't have to win a race.  Actually, there were  a few of the Cup champions that never won a race either.  I say Gordon could win the Cup championship next year if they reverted back to the old point system.

Aero426

A383Wing

Bobby LaBonte won the cup one season and never won a race that year

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 17, 2013, 08:34:45 PM
i have rewritten this several times, and then decided with this. im tired of the same garbage. the chase is garbage. it was invented to try to add excitement.  :eek2: it was put in so more fans could be happy that their driver has a chance to win it all. what they did is make it possible for this exact thing to happen. i watched the race from the dvr in super fast motion. looking for cautions. glad its over. ive spoken my feelings with nascar, JJ, JR. JG, and hendrick.  maybe i will heal before next season. :rotz:
:2thumbs:, same ol' crap new year  :brickwall:

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

thedodgeboys

Quote from: A383Wing on November 18, 2013, 11:17:39 PM
Bobby LaBonte won the cup one season and never won a race that year

in 2000 the only year he won the cup he had 4 wins  :popcrn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/racing/driver/stats/_/id/64/bobby-labonte

No driver has ever gone winless on his way to a championship
NASCAR has come close to crowning a winless champion several times in the past. Four times, the champion finished the season with only one victory -- Matt Kenseth in 2003, Benny Parsons in 1973, Ned Jarrett in 1961 and Bill Rexford in 1950.
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/columns/story?columnist=blount_terry&id=4454754

That dillion boy may be the first timer in the 2 lower series to win a championship without a race win???

JB400

I stand corrected on my statement about Cup champions and how many wins that year.  My apologies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NASCAR_Sprint_Cup_Series_champions

A383Wing