News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

Is there a race this weekend???    ???

Day an time please??  caught last Sat race just flipping channels..  Thanks   DJ   :2thumbs:

Aero426

Charlotte the next two weekends:

Sprint Showdown 7 PM ET Friday night

All Star Race, 9PM ET Saturday night

The World 600 is next Saturday 5/26 at 7 PM ET

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

A383Wing

TruckDriver

I do not like this how they got the Sprint showdown on  a different night. I didn't even know they split it into 2 night until I accidently heard them talking about it on the radio :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Bill Elliot, Wendall Scott, Joe Weatherly, Rex White, and Fred Lorenzen inducted into the Hall of Fame today

Next Race, the 600 Sunday night

nvrbdn

the race isnt showing up on fox sports :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

The 600 is on your local regular Fox channel starting at 4:30 pm cst. on Sunday  :cheers:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Busch race today on ABC in a few hours

JB400

400/6/PAC

Is the JJ show back??
I wanted Matt to win it.  :brickwall:

A383Wing

well, it's only one win...and he's usually pretty good at Charlotte, just means he's in the chase now....

hope he falters the rest of the season

nvrbdn

i wonder if i missed something? :scratchchin: on a restart late in the race, as the green flag falls, newman pulls into the pits. i never heard what happened. he made it back out and maintained his position through the rest of the race. did he have a flat or what???? 

ok, here is my deal,  if it was jimmy or jeffy, or junior,or the highest positioned female in nascar, tony, the bush bros. harvick,(you get my drift) it would have been discussed over and over, questioned as to why it would happen to the worlds favorite drivers, blah blah blah. and then look for someone to blame it on. replay the start 15 times to see why the driver would have to exit at such a crucial time.

but it wasnt. it was nobody. so lets dont discuss it. :brickwall:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Doesn't matter.  JJ and Danica were the only drivers out there.  DW announced just those two drivers and wanted to talk to them at the start of the race.  Pretty bad that the other 41 drivers out there doesn't get mentioned before the green flag falls.

nvrbdn

how could fox totally miss the fact that the waltrip bros are so heavily disliked? are they missing something? or do we not complain loud enough?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

wingcar

Well the Dream Season has come to an end, along with Johnson's losing.... :'(
Oh well, as long as someone can keep him from taking home the Championship, it can still be a Dream Season.............................  :yesnod:   
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

70redbee

How could JJ be in the pits when the caution came out and is in the lead when the race restarted? Maybe I missed something.

JB400

He entered pit road right before the caution came out and closed the pits.  He continued his pit stop, and beat Kenseth to the timing line.  Dumb luck? :scratchchin:

nvrbdn

when there is a caution, and the reason is debris on the track which happens to be a water bottle that was tossed out of a window by a driver, should the driver be reprimanded for causing an unscheduled stop in the action? with the cameras at every angle, i believe it wouldnt be hard to see who threw it out there. a driver, or a whole team could easily be punished for attempting to change the possible results of the race. whats the difference between that and spinning a car? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Yes if na$car can prove it, not the tv guys  :brickwall:

I think most  debris cautions are bogus anyway  :nana: so it really doesn't matter and drivers have been manipulating the outcome of races for years, from roll bar padding to intentionally wrecking the other guy.

A383Wing

truck race tomorrow afternoon, if anyone cares

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on May 29, 2014, 10:46:08 PM
truck race tomorrow afternoon, if anyone cares

I have to work all day which will be around 12 hours or so :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P