News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Don't stick up for Brad just because he use to driver a Charger.. He always been a punk kid  spoiled Brat just proved it again,MORON. Grad he dont represent the brand any more!!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

dyslexic teddybear

JMO.......and it has nothing to do with either if Brad is a punk or if he used to drive a Charger.

Agree with Brad on this......if you let a hole open......don't be surprised if someone drives into that hole.

Nascar did mandate drivers go 100%. Seems Brad went 100%.

If Jeff didn't like that.....perhaps he should take it up with Nascar and not depend on 700 Hendricks crewman.

And also JMO.....Brad can be a punk.

TUFCAT

No reason to fight after a race....because in the long run, it just makes you look like an asshole who can't handle losing.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

Chargen69

Quote from: keith88 on November 02, 2014, 08:20:55 PM
Don't stick up for Brad just because he use to driver a Charger.. He always been a punk kid  spoiled Brat just proved it again,MORON. Grad he dont represent the brand any more!!

believe it or not, i aint sticking up for brad because he used to drive a charger.  I actually pull for Chevrolet in nascar, even when dodge was there.  brad did not wreck jeff, jeff wrecked jeff trying to side draft after he made a POOR decision to restart on the outside again, but this time with no help.

if any driver in brad's position rolled over and lifted at that point in the race when he is being door slammed, he doesnt deserve to be there. jeff was wrong

moparnation74

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 02, 2014, 09:18:35 PM

believe it or not, i aint sticking up for brad because he used to drive a charger.  I actually pull for Chevrolet in nascar, even when dodge was there.  brad did not wreck jeff, jeff wrecked jeff trying to side draft after he made a POOR decision to restart on the outside again, but this time with no help.

if any driver in brad's position rolled over and lifted at that point in the race when he is being door slammed, he doesnt deserve to be there. jeff was wrong

I agree with everything above!  EXCEPT the bowtie reference, Lol!

dyslexic teddybear

I know Nascar loves this and will not do anything. They'll likely use it for advertising.

That whole "fight" was a setup. I do not at all believe Jeff would have confronted Brad the way he did without a large number of Hendrick crewman to back him up. Way to many guys involved in this......

So I'm a bit old school......one on one.....go for it. Settle it. Brad and Jeff......no problem. I had no problem with Matt going after Brad a couple of weeks ago. Looked to be more or less even......

But the number of crew that jumped into this?

I don't care what Brad did or did not do.

If Nascar had any integrity at all......they'd be a bunch of crew sitting out the rest of the year.

Chargen69

that is right about the fight. the other thing that triggered it was kevin coming up behind brad and pushing him so that jeff could reach him

Chargen69

I completely agree with what this person commented on the nascar.com website:

"jim ozzie 31 minutes ago
come on people, nascar has always been tuff racing, its suppose to have hot tempers....if you have been watching NASCAR as long as I have, then you can see that is whats costed NASCAR its Viewers and seat sells at tracks. NASCAR is doing what they need to do, they need to let the divers bring excitement back. Brad dne exactly what he needed to do. Jeff opened up a hold, and Brad took advantage, watch it again, Jeff came back down,,,,but Brad was there already. Lets not fool ourselves people, jeff was content to let jimmy win, and points race his way into the next segment. Brad don't get paid to let Hendricks cars beat him. He actually gets paid to BEAT them. So don't hate on Brad for doing his job. It aint like he knew jeff was going to come down. And he sure didn't kow it would cut his tire. Its the Skirt that ALL the teams are pulling out, that cut Jeffs tire. NASCAR has approved it....so. All im saying is, DAMN this is the most EXCITING NASCAR has been in years. GREAT JOB NASCAR. As for Jeff...see what happens when you take your helmet off when you fight..you get punched in the mouth. Be a man. Your Sponsors pay millions pay millions of dollars for you to Give 100 Percent. SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!"

Chargen69

Quote from: moparnation74 on November 02, 2014, 09:23:03 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on November 02, 2014, 09:18:35 PM

I agree with everything above!  EXCEPT the bowtie reference, Lol!

sorry, i am a chevy guy, but i do own a restored 69 charger. :cheers:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 02, 2014, 09:34:54 PM
that is right about the fight. the other thing that triggered it was kevin coming up behind brad and pushing him so that jeff could reach him

Thought that's what I saw......wasn't quite sure.....

A383Wing

Poor Jeffy Crybaby Gordon had to have a Daddy love hug from Papa Hendrick...I thought Jeff was gonna cry for a minute there

Chargen69

Quote from: A383Wing on November 02, 2014, 10:39:13 PM
Poor Jeffy Crybaby Gordon had to have a Daddy love hug from Papa Hendrick...I thought Jeff was gonna cry for a minute there

:smilielol:

keith88

I am not a Gordon fan and was on a race team for 4 yrs and there is a code of conduct that the racers have some pay more attentions to it than others and putting your car i a hole that is NOT there is not one of them.  If it was just a one driver thing i could see your view but its not  its more like every driver But his team mate. He needs to mellow out . SR could have done the same thing with out cutting the tire. If he races like that people will race him like that. Believe me it hurts me to have to take Jeff's side on this one but in this case i have to.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

odcics2

The hole was there and Brad took advantage of Jeff going high.

The root cause of this entire scenario is Jeff's spotter for not saying one word:

"INSIDE"!!!!!!!!!!!

But, you all saw the grandstands - EMPTY!  I can't believe I am witnessing the demise of Nascar right in front of my eyes! 

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Chargen69

Quote from: keith88 on November 03, 2014, 07:08:17 AM
I am not a Gordon fan and was on a race team for 4 yrs and there is a code of conduct that the racers have some pay more attentions to it than others and putting your car i a hole that is NOT there is not one of them.  If it was just a one driver thing i could see your view but its not  its more like every driver But his team mate. He needs to mellow out . SR could have done the same thing with out cutting the tire. If he races like that people will race him like that. Believe me it hurts me to have to take Jeff's side on this one but in this case i have to.

the hole was there, and the reason they could do that then without cutting tires all the time, was they werent allowed or able to pull the skirts out to be like knives

Chargen69

also, I have never been on a race team, but a did stay at a holiday inn

as far as "Code of Conduct"  does that mean more than winning a race you have to win in order to win a championship? i dont think so. Case nobody knows, this is exactly the drama nascar wanted when they screwed up the points system the first year of the chase, it has just taken them this long to figure out how to pull it off

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: keith88 on November 03, 2014, 07:08:17 AM
I am not a Gordon fan and was on a race team for 4 yrs and there is a code of conduct that the racers have some pay more attentions to it than others and putting your car i a hole that is NOT there is not one of them.  If it was just a one driver thing i could see your view but its not  its more like every driver But his team mate. He needs to mellow out . SR could have done the same thing with out cutting the tire. If he races like that people will race him like that. Believe me it hurts me to have to take Jeff's side on this one but in this case i have to.

You are entitled to your own opinion.

But let me ask this......

Do you think the "code" justifies the large number of Hendrick crewman vs the much smaller number of Brad and crew?

Does the "code" justify Harvic pushing Brad to get this melee started and then running so not be involved?

Justify putting camera crew at risk?

Nascar officials?

Do you seriously believe anything Brad did on-track......justifies the above?

moparnation74

Rubbing is racing!  If anyone in Brad's position of this race got a "hole"  like that, they would have done the same, period!  Gordon reacted too late or the spotter was late to inform him.  It is racing!

wingcar

This year's Chase format has changed everything.  Now winning means what it should have all along, but hasn't in past years.  While some drivers may still be able to advance to Homestead on points alone...it's not a given and most drivers must win to advance.  As a result the pressure has been ratcheted up for all drivers to perform at the top of their game, which of course they should have been already.   It appears as if some drivers are having a hard time adjusting to the added pressure that the new format has introduced.  For the true competitive racer who wants to win and has the desirer and drive to win the new format shouldn't have changed a thing...for those looking to cruise into a Championship the game has changed.   Love him or hate him...Brad is doing what he is paid to do....try and win every race.  And, just because Jeff has been around since '92...it don't mean racers should race him any different than the other 40+ drivers out there.  If the 48 team doesn't have to than why would any other team be expected to?  I actually hope he is in the running for another title at Homestead.  It appears as if Jeff took Jeff out in Texas.....so Jeff just needs to man up and outrun Brad in Phoenix.  And, note I didn't say "take Brad out"...  If Jeff's truly the professional he claims to be, he will outperform him, and not with his front bumper.

(*Phoenix will be interesting to say the least)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

wingcar

*Breaking News:
I hear with the new format of the Chase and all the fighting it has caused...NASCAR Officials are planning on installing a boxing ring in what is today the "Winner's Circle" for next year's Chase.  That way the drivers can vent their "frustrations" and "opinions" right after the race.  Plus, they are thinking about issuing "Bonus Points" to any driver that can "make his point of view" stick....so to speak. :slap:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

maxwellwedge

Quote from: odcics2 on November 03, 2014, 08:34:44 AM
The hole was there and Brad took advantage of Jeff going high.

The root cause of this entire scenario is Jeff's spotter for not saying one word:

"INSIDE"!!!!!!!!!!!

But, you all saw the grandstands - EMPTY!  I can't believe I am witnessing the demise of Nascar right in front of my eyes! 

I agree. It was a complete racing deal......Besides, more than ever - This is a do or die format. No tomorrow. Racers have to race. Harvick is the biggest dick in all of this. Moral of the story? BK needs to take up boxing during the off season.  :lol:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: wingcar on November 03, 2014, 09:42:32 AM
This year's Chase format has changed everything.  Now winning means what it should have all along, but hasn't in past years.  While some drivers may still be able to advance to Homestead on points alone...it's not a given and most drivers must win to advance.  As a result the pressure has been ratcheted up for all drivers to perform at the top of their game, which of course they should have been already.   It appears as if some drivers are having a hard time adjusting to the added pressure that the new format has introduced.  For the true competitive racer who wants to win and has the desirer and drive to win the new format shouldn't have changed a thing...for those looking to cruise into a Championship the game has changed.   Love him or hate him...Brad is doing what he is paid to do....try and win every race.  And, just because Jeff has been around since '92...it don't mean racers should race him any different than the other 40+ drivers out there.  If the 48 team doesn't have to than why would any other team be expected to?  I actually hope he is in the running for another title at Homestead.  It appears as if Jeff took Jeff out in Texas.....so Jeff just needs to man up and outrun Brad in Phoenix.  And, note I didn't say "take Brad out"...  If Jeff's truly the professional he claims to be, he will outperform him, and not with his front bumper.

(*Phoenix will be interesting to say the least)

Well put.

Outperform him fairly..... :2thumbs:

Show up in the pits backed up by gang of company crewman.......is showing just what a coward you are.

Not really a Richard Childress fan.....but at least he slugged Kyle Bush by himself. Didn't need a gang.......

nvrbdn

well, i am not a gordon fan. cant stand the crying. and here it is in a nutshell. crying because someone didnt live by the jeffy code of conduct on the track that since jimmy wont win lets agree that gordon gets to win this year. boo hoo :'( :'(

drive your car jeffy. this sport isnt here to guarantee that a hendrick car has to win the championship.

cant stand logano either, but he did what he had to to keep his hopes alive. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Outside of the gwc finish, how was the race?  Did not watch it.

Chargen69