News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

It may just make pit road a bit safer.   The one thing I wonder about is the lug nut issue.  They are leaving it up to the individual teams to police themselves.......(like they are going to return their driver for one lose lug nut...I don't see that happening)  And, in the past one lose lug nut has cost more than one driver the race....just saying.....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

A383Wing

I can see the Hendrick wheels churning now to figure out how to cheat on this

JB400

I'm sure there will be some teams that will only tighten 4 come a g/w/c finish and Nascar will have more cautions for loose wheels.  I just hope none end up in the stands.

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on January 20, 2015, 01:06:42 AM
I'm sure there will be some teams that will only tighten 4 come a g/w/c finish and Nascar will have more cautions for loose wheels.  I just hope none end up in the stands.

Yeah  :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

that's like saying we don't need refs on the football field. the teams will ref the game themselves. they will call their own penalties, and decide ball location during measurements.  yea right.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

AMERICARNA on Velocity February 17th 9pm eastern time  :2thumbs:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

Ron Hornaday to drive Sprint Cup car for The Motorsports Group
Four-time NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday has been named the primary driver of the No. 30 Chevrolet for a start-up Sprint Cup Series team, The Motorsports Group, in the 2015 NASCAR season.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/ron-hornaday-to-drive-sprint-cup-series-car-for-the-motorsports-group-012115?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:nascaronfox

PETE

JB400

I guess a 3rd rate Sprint Cup ride is better than being tossed around in the truck series.  I wish Johnny Benson would get a similar treatment.  It's pretty bad when you can win the championship and then lose your ride due to sponsorship for the upcoming season.

keith88

Big news today in NASCAR Jeff Gordon is retiring from full time driving after this year. :o
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Ponch ®

Quote from: keith88 on January 22, 2015, 11:50:44 AM
Big news today in NASCAR Jeff Gordon is retiring from full time driving after this year. :o

He's gonna be missed. I'm admittedly one of those people who bandwagoned into the sport in the mid 90's because of Jeff Gordon. I have many favorite drivers, but I still root for him. Love him or hate him, he is one of the all time greats.

His retirement will really be the end of an era. Don't forget, he is one the few guys left from the aforementioned 90's "golden era" that went toe to toe (and consistently beat )against Earnhardt Sr, Rusty Wallace, et al while they were still competitive.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

keith88

That would be nice ..but its wishful thinking ::)
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

wingcar

Not totally surprising as he was having back issues and hinted about having to get out of the car if things didn't improve....then came 2014 and he looked like the Gordon of old once more.  Just have to wonder, if he doesn't get an additional Championship this year but misses by only points will he want to continue for another year.   But then I think the Chase Elliot issue will be a problem as I believe they already have plans to move him into the number 24 for 2016.  It will be strange not having Gordon out there since he's been a fixture at the track since '92.  Looks as if the old guard will finally be all gone after next year......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

HeavyFuel

I wonder if Hendrick has the rights to any other numbers, so that the 24 can take a breather for few years....kinda like what they did with Earnhardt's 3.

After 23 years of Gordon behind the wheel, it'll be weird to have somebody else in there.

A383Wing

I can honestly say I won't miss him when he's finally gone....

nvrbdn

Quote from: A383Wing on January 22, 2015, 11:38:22 PM
I can honestly say I won't miss him when he's finally gone....

:iagree:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Stevearino

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 22, 2015, 11:36:07 PM
I wonder if Hendrick has the rights to any other numbers, so that the 24 can take a breather for few years....kinda like what they did with Earnhardt's 3.

After 23 years of Gordon behind the wheel, it'll be weird to have somebody else in there.
Nascar has the rights to all numbers. When Richard Petty wanted to take the #43 out of circulation Nascar said "use it or loose it". Earnhardt was the only exception that has been made in this case because of his enormous popularity at the time of his death. While it can be argued that Petty was an icon of the sport he hadn't won a race in 10 years when he retired so Nascar said no. Hard to know what they will do with the 24. Chase Elliot is coming along and after running a limited schedule this year he may share duties in the the car on his way to a full time ride in the seat in 2017. ?????

The70RT

Just goes to show how old we all are, it doesn't seem that long ago...and Earnhardt gone almost 15 years.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JB400

Chase could end up in the 25, which Hendrick still has rights to, I believe.  It's just like the 3, Childress still had rights to it, he just didn't use it.  Hendrick could do the same for the 24.  He could retire the number, but claim the rights to it, and then bring it back later on.

nvrbdn

Things have changed a lot. it sure doesn't seem that long ago. when dale sr. died, I hated him. thought he was a cheater. didn't like his style. didn't like the fact that it was ok for him to cause havoc for any one else, but no one was supposed to do anything to him attitude. I loved to root against him. I hated to lose him because it created a void for me. the guys I root for and the guys I root against. now at first stewart tried to step in and take dale's spot. but it just wasn't the same. the bush bros. are doing a pretty good job. and I tried to hate jr. the same way as daddy. (I really think that was because of all these band wagon fans that became jr. fans because dale was gone and it was cool to wear a jr. t-shirt). but all in all, no one could take my passion of pure dislike the way that dale could. although I couldn't stand him, he was one of the big reasons I turned the race on every sunday.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

The official beginning of racing season starts today on Fox at 1pm central time with the 24 hours of Daytona  :2thumbs:
PETE

thedodgeboys

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 22, 2015, 11:36:07 PM

That hole number thing will be interesting to watch unfold. It's no secreat Chase Elliott will take over the 24 car except he probably would prefer to have his dads #9 on the door, but Petty has that number. You know Hendrick could just buy it from Petty but then what number does petty use? And then what happens to the 24 the 48,5 &88 are not going to swap numbers...  :brickwall:

:popcrn: probably be September or October when it leaks out or is announced.

70 Charger X2

Quote from: moparstuart on February 19, 2008, 10:21:09 AM
Quote from: 73chgrSE on February 19, 2008, 10:01:38 AM
Here's mine.
well right driver at least  LOL

Mine too !
Richard won a lot of races with the Chargers.

Paulie