News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Any early predictions on whether he'll win any races next year?

Ponch ®

Quote from: JB400 on January 30, 2015, 01:58:20 PM
Any early predictions on whether he'll win any races next year?

Elliott? Probably not in Cup if he's going to run a limited schedule and will be "learning the ropes", unless it's a fluke rain shortened race or something along those lines.

As for 2016...who knows? He'll be in top notch equipment and have a few races under his belt by then...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

MoparCharger500

I think Chase will run decent in the 5 races he'll attempt. I thought rookies had the choice to run up to 7 races to be eligible for ROTY? Maybe it's changed since 2009? I think Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney will be the guys to watch this year also. I expect Ky. B, Harvick, and Keselowski will dominate the first quarter since they ran alot of NNS races the past few years while everyone else is adjusting to the new HP rules.
70' Charger 500 383 BB in process of restoration (SOLD sadly)

03' Dakota R/T

Ponch ®

Quote from: MoparCharger500 on February 03, 2015, 08:13:44 PM
I think Chase will run decent in the 5 races he'll attempt. I thought rookies had the choice to run up to 7 races to be eligible for ROTY? Maybe it's changed since 2009? I think Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney will be the guys to watch this year also. I expect Ky. B, Harvick, and Keselowski will dominate the first quarter since they ran alot of NNS races the past few years while everyone else is adjusting to the new HP rules.

Probably only running 5 due to sponsorship or scheduling issues.

I agree on Kyle Larson...but too bad he's on Earnhardt-Ganassi (or whatever it is called now) equipment and wont be able to do as much as hes capable of.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JB400

I agree about Larson, he'll win one this year for sure.

JB400

Speed weeks starts Thursday. :drive:

TruckDriver

I believe Thursday is only media day. Friday Shootout practice and ARCA practice, and then Saturday the Shootout and the ARCA race before that.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

DW needs to shut the hell up.....  :brickwall:

keith88

Quote from: A383Wing on February 13, 2015, 05:34:12 PM
DW needs to shut the hell up.....  :brickwall:
man if i had a nickel for every time i heard that! :smilielol:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

A383Wing

yea, I would be broke because I say it every year......and his little brother is more annoying

JB400

I have a mute button for these appropriate times

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Dual practice is on Fox Sports 1 right now and there is a break, then a second practice.  ARCA race live at 3pm central time, then a hour break, and the shootout at 7pm central on Fox tonight.

They already are talking about tomorrows qualifying and the crashes because the new qualifying format happens for the first time for the Daytona 500. Starts at noon central time on Fox.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

I thought the race was pretty good tonight, other than commercials every 5 laps :flame:  Even JJ and Tony got banged up a little, and taken out of contention.  I could have done without the last caution though.  It was setting up to be really good.

TruckDriver

Already a 5 car pile up in the 1st segment of qualifying. Clint Boyer was in it and his car was junk, and because of the red flag, the first 25 qualifying cars did not complete a qualifying lap before the time limit ran out. so yeah, lol. Lot of BIG names were in the first 25 cars.
PETE

wingcar

Best part of the shootout......seeing the number 48 hooked up to a tow truck...priceless....
Hope the rest of his year goes the same......
(yes, I know I'm bad, but I can't help it)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

A383Wing

this qualifying format sucks at Daytona

TruckDriver

Yes it does  :P

And having the 48 and 24 on the from row sucks too  :P :brickwall:
PETE

The70RT

Weak, gets worse every year  :rotz:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A383Wing

All I can hope for now is that the pole sitter takes out #2 qualifier in turn one after the green flag

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on February 15, 2015, 04:12:41 PM
All I can hope for now is that the pole sitter takes out #2 qualifier in turn one after the green flag

I'm right there with you on your thinking  :yesnod: :lol:
PETE

wingcar

You might as well call the new qualifying format what it really is....a mini race.  Like Reed Sorenson said after he wrecked (and took out Clint Bowyer)...he was doing everything he needed to do in order to qualify and get into the big race, he tried to block (like they were doing during the Shootout)....but it didn't work out. 

This new format which has proven to be very controversial - will attributed to more wrecks in the future.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TruckDriver

Quote from: wingcar on February 16, 2015, 07:37:42 AM
This new format which has proven to be very controversial - will attributed to more wrecks in the future.

Well, That'st he point I guess, to make it controversial to bring in more viewers. That said, the stands were almost empty for qualifying yet.
PETE