News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I was happy that Kenseth won the race. I think if Kyle would of won the race, I would of stopped watching Nascar forever today. Now he is gotten as bad as Johnson :eek2:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wingcar

Sad news of Buddy Baker passing away.....he will be missed.... :'(
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TruckDriver

Was like 2 or 3 weeks ago, he stopped announcing because of his cancer too  :rotz:

R.I.P. and God's speed Buddy  :'(
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

2 real highlights for today's race, Johnson had a bad day, and seeing the Miller Genuine Draft colors on BK.  Other than that, I probably could have settled for just watching the race review.  Typical Michigan.

odcics2

Latest attempt to change rules for a good race = FAIL !
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

A383Wing

and I don't have any problem with that

TruckDriver

MWR/Bowyer to split at end of 2015; no full-time cars in 2016: Michael Waltrip Racing and Clint Bowyer have mutually agreed to separate at the conclusion of the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Bowyer, currently 16th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase standings, will be free to pursue other career options in 2016 and beyond. MWR will continue to field the #15 and #55 Toyotas for the remainder of the 2015 season. Team co-owner Rob Kauffman said MWR will not field a full-time NASCAR Sprint Cup entry in 2016.
PETE

JB400

Sounds like MW is done.

wingcar

The future doesn't look to good for Michael and his team. 
Sounds as if we will have a second Waltrip team going under.......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

A383Wing

no great loss as far as I'm concerned....although I'm sorry for the drivers who drive for him...they deserve better anyway

Chargen69

martin truex deserved a lot better

A383Wing

Trucks race tonight at Bristol

JB400

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 19, 2015, 03:43:31 PM
martin truex deserved a lot better
I think Truex got a lot better than what he had at MWR.

A383Wing

JB400

Any guesses as to where Bowyer and Regan end up at?  We know that Ganassi is looking to expand to a 3rd team, and Furniture Row is considering a 2nd team.  Rumor has it that the Petty number 9 will be open next year as well.

A383Wing

I hope Boyer goes somewhere good...I don't care for Regan all that much...maybe he could take Dillon's place

thedodgeboys

Quote from: A383Wing on August 20, 2015, 12:20:05 AM
..maybe he could take Dillon's place

LOL  :smilielol: :smilielol: good one...

It's interesting to look back at the history of mwr from the start he tried to cheat the system and got ratted out from the Daytona jet fuel deal to the shaved windshields to the Richmond it's one thing or another...

Good reddens I feel bad for the shop people the drivers have money they will be ok, but that's a shitty way to treat your employees  :cheers:

TruckDriver

/I can see Clint over at Petty Enterprises to replace Sam Hornish :yesnod:
PETE

JB400

That might be a good place for him.  He could mentor Almorola a little bit and get Petty more competitive.

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on August 21, 2015, 12:52:17 PM
That might be a good place for him.  He could mentor Almorola a little bit and get Petty more competitive.
That is exactly what I was thinking.

OTHER NEWS....

Kauffman couldn't justify continued investment into MWR

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kauffman-couldnt-justify-continued-investment-mwr-181118598--nascar.html

"The decision to close Michael Waltrip Racing boiled down to finances and results. When the results weren't matching the financial investment Rob Kauffman was making on an annual basis, the co-owner could no longer justify pouring money into the organization. That's the explanation Kauffman gave Friday for his decision this week to pull out of MWR. He rescued Michael Waltrip during MWR's rocky 2007 debut season, but will shift his money to Chip Ganassi Racing beginning next season." More to the story in the link.
PETE

JB400

TruckDriver

My question is, who are these women that still want to be with him?
PETE