News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I hope he is okay. May not even watch this week. I never liked the N.H. track. BORING track to the max.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

This whole technology thing with inspection is B.S. period. If they would go back to basics OTHER then the safety features, run what you brung, it would be less of this crap with the car settling during the duration of the race stuff. Short tracks do just fine that way yet today. I can see nailing someone for major modifications and stuff.  :RantExplode:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

Just in case anyone cares, the Nascar trucks are racing at Eldora Speedway dirt track tonight at 9pm eastern time

they are qualifying now....race is on FS1

TruckDriver

I only check this site about once a day now, and had no idea about the race. Never heard anything about it again this year one tv or the radio. It's like Nascar does all they can to NOT promote this race. I never knew anything about it, until someone mentioned it on Facebook this morning. I never yet seen them race on the dirt track.
PETE

peter123wallace

Do you guys miss Montoya and his peculiar racing style? xD

TruckDriver

Kinda. I liked his stubbornness and he was always a interesting topic for the race announcers.
PETE

A383Wing

But look at all the money the tracks are saving by not replacing trucks and track surfaces that he runs into

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on July 22, 2016, 09:55:10 PM
But look at all the money the tracks are saving by not replacing trucks and track surfaces that he runs into

:lol: :lol:
PETE

nvrbdn

Yea, I know how it is if you aren't rooting for one of the "favorites" to win, but to totally ignore cars and drivers caught up in crashes, and not explaining what they are doing when they come back from break. If Jeffy would have sneezed they would have talked about it till the end. But no, they don't say one sticking word. Thought after we switched channels, just maybe they would include all drivers in their updates.  Heck no, just the favs over here too.  Gordon gets the big interview after the race with a 13th place finish. The other drivers get no recognition.

I think I am done. They have destroyed my sport, and are so one sided to the popular drivers that it sickens me.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

was i the only one who had the thought that when kyle was walking over to get the flag and jeff and tony were doing their parade lap, that just maybe they would drive through the smoke of kyle's burnout and accidently run him over?

:slap: :nana: :2thumbs: :drive: :stirthepot:

TruckDriver

Once I knew Kyle was going to win again, I turned off the race. As it was, I slept through 3/4 of it. Nascar is pretty much dead. Looked like less then a 1000 people in the stands last night, and maybe around 5000 today if that. Someone that is a friend of a friend of mine that lives in Indy, said there was VERY little promotion of the race. So little, there was people thinking they weren't even running there this week.
PETE

peter123wallace

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 22, 2016, 07:42:16 PM
Kinda. I liked his stubbornness and he was always a interesting topic for the race announcers.
Yeah...
He really did bring some freshness into Nascar.

thedodgeboys

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 24, 2016, 07:35:48 PM
Once I knew Kyle was going to win again, I turned off the race. As it was, I slept through 3/4 of it. Nascar is pretty much dead. Looked like less then a 1000 people in the stands last night, and maybe around 5000 today if that. Someone that is a friend of a friend of mine that lives in Indy, said there was VERY little promotion of the race. So little, there was people thinking they weren't even running there this week.

They raced this weekend?     :smilielol:

I'm sure with the over hype of the 100th Indy race most of the locals could have cared less and the speedway knew they had all the local money so they might have figured why wast advertising money  :slap:

peter123wallace

You guys saw that Keselowski crash? That looked very scary indeed. Glad he is OK.

TruckDriver

Quote from: peter123wallace on July 26, 2016, 09:08:11 PM
You guys saw that Keselowski crash? That looked very scary indeed. Glad he is OK.

No, and never heard anything about one that happened.
PETE

TruckDriver

Doesn't look that bad. Looks like any other crash there.
PETE

peter123wallace

Yeah i suppose you are right.

Aero426

81 mph at point of impact.    Hard enough.   

ralley72

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 24, 2016, 07:35:48 PM
With you on the dead part. This was the first race I watched this year and it seems to me there were more people there working for the race teams than fans in the stands. won't put out much effort to watch another race.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Chargen69

Mike DC

As to the comments earlier about cheating penalties & forfeiting wins -

Back in the early days of NASCAR there were a couple incidents of changing race winners after postrace teardowns, and cars crossing finish lines so close they had to review photos the next day, etc.  The crowds weren't happy going home not knowing who won yet.  

So big Bill France started making a point of declaring a winner at the end of the race and letting the win stand no matter what.  He elected to punish cheating with fines & points losses but not yanking wins.  NASCAR has mostly kept on with that policy.

Chargen69

anybody want to place a bet on which JGR team wins today?