News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KurtfromLaQuinta

[/quote]My first set was also Eldon around '63.
My dad had many skills... setting something up that required some assembly that involved electricity... not so much.  :icon_smile_big:
Yes indeed, it was Model Motoring. Those first cars were horrible handling little beast.
I got my first set in '66. I've since replaced all of the early stuff with the A/FX / G-Force parts.
My collection has grown to an impressive amount of track and cars since I first started.
I've even built my own transformers to handle the load of the larger tracks.
As soon as I get my '70 Charger out of my second garage for the hanging of the big metal, I'm setting up the track for a few weeks.
Serious racing will ensue!

Chargen69

that's a little confusing considering he turned down buying into the Carolina panthers because he said he would to old to see the appreciation of his investment

odcics2

3 Toyotas in the finale?   :shruggy:

RIGGED!!!    :o :o :o
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Quote from: odcics2 on November 10, 2019, 09:37:09 PM
3 Toyotas in the finale?   :shruggy:

RIGGED!!!    :o :o :o
And owned by the same team

Chargen69

they're def doing something different from everybody else, but rigged?  no, if nascar was rigging stuff Dale Jr would have won a lot more races and been a champion.

rigged is the whole stupid playoff stuff, rigged for stupidity like this, rigged where a guy can miss multiple races and still win a championship. 

if nascar was rigging stuff they would figure out a way to put people in the stands.

A383Wing

at least Lagono isn't in the running.....I kinda hope Hamlin wins....

Bryan

Chargen69

Quote from: A383Wing on November 11, 2019, 05:34:48 PM
at least Lagono isn't in the running.....I kinda hope Hamlin wins....

Bryan

I'm all for logano being out

maxwellwedge

I'm sorry Logano is out. I am a Penske fan. The man has class and is a racer. Also he was the last owner that won the championship in a Mopar. Would I prefer Brad K or Blaney instead of Logano - yes.
Three Gibbs cars out of 4. Snore.
KB - Need I say more?
Truex - I still like him but still remember how he cried last year. Lost a lot of cred with me.
Hamlin - A total knob.

Chargen69

I'd pull for truex if he had dumped logano last year like he promised

JB400

I'm also a Penske fan and was kinda hoping Blaney would have gotten in.  That would have been a nice upset.  However, got to show respect to Gibbs for getting 3 cars in the final 4.  Personally, I think they should have pit Bell in the 20, but will have to wait for the stars to align for that to happen.

73chgrSE

What are the chances of Dodge ever returning to NASCAR? & If the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang all looked more like the street version it would be way  more interesting.

Also they need a 2 mile figure 8 track. I drew up a design for it once.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 73chgrSE on November 12, 2019, 10:51:58 AM

Also they need a 2 mile figure 8 track. I drew up a design for it once.

Was it shaped like an 8?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

73chgrSE

Yes. Straight aways were roughly 3/4 mile long. Over pass/ under pass in the center with the elevation inclines and declines in the turns. They would need to set up the cars to turn right as well as left.

Chargen69

I'd like to see the Coca-Cola track built from the NASCAR video game from 2003

it was like 3 miles long, grossly high banked corners.

this is not me, but this is what it looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lgr1ZR3ZLA

Chargen69

either that or a completely round circle 3/4 of a mile long, no straightaways and high banked

Ponch ®

Quote from: 73chgrSE on November 12, 2019, 12:08:55 PM
Yes. Straight aways were roughly 3/4 mile long. Over pass/ under pass in the center with the elevation inclines and declines in the turns. They would need to set up the cars to turn right as well as left.

Over/underpass in the center? That's not real figure 8 racing! Let em crash!

https://youtu.be/6ZZyP7VlZcM
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

73chgrSE

That's a little too real for the nascar guys. :rofl: Fun too watch though.

Mike DC

QuoteI'd like to see the Coca-Cola track built from the NASCAR video game from 2003

IMO they should be going the other direction. 

The cars are already going as fast as NASCAR is gonna let them go.  If a bigger new track allowed more speed then NASCAR would just plate them back down again. 

73chgrSE

I'm not sure how much faster this kind of track at that size would be. My intent was just to get them to turn right on a superspeedway. They should not slow down though, they'll lose the audience.  They need to get back to the days when the race cars looked more like the actual models. Win on Sunday sell on Monday.

JB400

Let the drivers be drivers again.  We all remember the fight in turn 3 at Daytona and the beating and banging before it.  There's more to racing then cars going around the track.

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 12, 2019, 09:20:18 AM
I'm sorry Logano is out. I am a Penske fan. The man has class and is a racer. Also he was the last owner that won the championship in a Mopar. Would I prefer Brad K or Blaney instead of Logano - yes.
Three Gibbs cars out of 4. Snore.
KB - Need I say more?
Truex - I still like him but still remember how he cried last year. Lost a lot of cred with me.
Hamlin - A total knob.
agreed  Hamlins a total ass in person   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chargen69

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 12, 2019, 12:55:23 PM
QuoteI'd like to see the Coca-Cola track built from the NASCAR video game from 2003

IMO they should be going the other direction.  

The cars are already going as fast as NASCAR is gonna let them go.  If a bigger new track allowed more speed then NASCAR would just plate them back down again.  

yes, the cars are going as fast as the can while maintaining spectator safety (like cars not coming over the fence)

if the track safety was designed correctly the Coca-Cola track could exist.  200 to 230 aint that big a jump

Mike DC

2-3 NASCARs get tangled up at 200 mph, air gets underneath and they start lifting off . . . that's basically the force of a small airplane crashing into the fence.    

As crashes get faster the energy ramps up by the square.  2 times the speed = 4 times the energy.  

Doing the math, 230 mph is about 133% as much kinetic energy as 200.  That's a big increase in danger for only a small difference in the entertainment value.  

alfaitalia

Your maths is off....a twofold increase in speed, the kinetic energy will increase by a "factor" of four. So in your example of going from 200 to 230 mpg the kinetic energy would INCREASE by around 155% so that car at 230mph  would carry about 255% percent of the kinetic energy the same car would at 200mph. This also partially explains why it takes why it takes so much more energy (and horsepower) to get a car from 200 to 230 than it does to get if from 170 to 200....energy that it carries with it.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!