News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

That was a great race.

Loved to see Kasey win that one.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hutch

Oh boy, bring on the Kyle haters...   :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

That was a great race in Dover.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

chargerboy69

The kid drives a great race.

Took a extra long nap in the middle of this race though. A little to boring in the middle for me.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

NHCharger

Quote from: hutch on June 01, 2008, 07:20:00 PM
Oh boy, bring on the Kyle haters...   :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

That was a great race in Dover.

I love the fact that Kyle is kicking ass. Proves more and more every day what an idiot Hendricks is for replacing one of the best drivers with an slightly above average driver. Hendricks is obviously more interested in making money from the Dale Jr. merchandising machine than winning a championship. He should have booted Casey Mears instead.
With future star 18 y.o. Joey Logano now racing for Gibbs they can dump the over the hill Stewart (he's leaving anyway) and have three young guns that will corner the market on championships for the forseeable future.
It's too bad Gibbs didn't switch to Dodge. Would have been nice to have one good team to root for.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

General_01

Gonna be a long season for me. :rotz:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on June 01, 2008, 07:38:35 PM

No kidding. I think he is the biggest ass ever in the sport. No kidding. Plus me, my son, and my dad believe Nascar is letting him get away with more power in whatever he is driving so they can create a new "hero".  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hutch

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 02, 2008, 12:51:38 AM
Quote from: General_01 on June 01, 2008, 07:38:35 PM

No kidding. I think he is the biggest ass ever in the sport. No kidding. Plus me, my son, and my dad believe Nascar is letting him get away with more power in whatever he is driving so they can create a new "hero".  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I dont think they would do that.  NASCAR takes the winning car apart and inspects the crap out of it.  If they would risk something like that on making a winner I would think they would do that for Dale Jr before they would some ugly kid from Navada.

I think Kyle will keep winning till he falls in love and gets married to some gold digger.

TruckDriver

Quote from: hutch on June 02, 2008, 05:24:18 AM

I don't think they would do that.  NASCAR takes the winning car apart and inspects the crap out of it.  If they would risk something like that on making a winner I would think they would do that for Dale Jr before they would some ugly kid from Navada.

That's my point. Nascar does the only inspecting of the cars. So how would anyone know if there was something going on?

How else can you explain how anything he drives in any series, out pull the whole field on re-starts in a unbelievable manor?
How can he always just about get a 3 to 5 second lead over the rest of the field in every series?
How else can he come from like 2 or 3 laps down in any series, and still win?

That stuff is super ridiculous. You never see that in any other motor sport. I know Richard Petty did simlular stuff back in the day, but even then, he didn't almost lap a whole field of cars in 20 or 30 laps like he was on the path to in the Nationwide race. :P

All I know, soon as he took the lead, I turned the race off.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

I suppose if it was your favourite driver that was doing the winning and pulling away from the field it would be because he was just a better driver than the rest of them - right?

I thought so!

TruckDriver

True, but I think I'd still be curious to know how the heck he is doing it like that.

Besides that, I didn't know there was any real Kyle Busch fans  :D
At least no one brave enough to admit it :lol:
PETE

hutch

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 02, 2008, 10:22:35 AM
True, but I think I'd still be curious to know how the heck he is doing it like that.

Kyle Busch fan here...   :coolgleamA:

He is a dork, and a jack ass, but he can drive the hell out of a car.   well he is my number 2 driver.  Denny Hamlin is my number 1 because he is from my hometown and a good driver as well.

Last year I was about to give up on NASCAR with Jimmie Johnson.  I cant stand that guy.

TruckDriver

Quote from: hutch on June 02, 2008, 10:26:42 AM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 02, 2008, 10:22:35 AM

Kyle Busch fan here...   :coolgleamA:

He is a dork, and a jack ass, but he can drive the hell out of a car.   well he is my number 2 driver.  Denny Hamlin is my number 1 because he is from my hometown and a good driver as well.

Last year I was about to give up on NASCAR with Jimmie Johnson.  I cant stand that guy.

:slap:
PETE

pettyfan43

DEFINITELY NOT a fan of kyle Busch (OR Kurt) and as much as I like Tony Stewart, I can't get past the fact that he drives a TOYOTA!!!   :down: :down:

I know I have been beat on for hating the things before, Save your breath, I ain't changing my mind! 

I'm REALLY glad it looks like Tony is leaving the yota camp this year.   :yesnod:

Kyle and kurt are both REALLY GOOD race car drivers, The problem with BOTH of them is that they have the mentality that whatever I do to you is OK, but you BETTER NOT do it to me! 

I also do truly believe that the 18 car is as legal as can be. I heard all kinds of crap like that when Ryan Newman reeled off 8 wins in 03! Cheating, illegal BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! 

Toyota was given a LEG UP by Nascar when they got ready to build race cars for Cup. They were given cars that Nascar had confiscated from other teams. PLUS, ENGINES from other teams that had been confiscated! This was talked about during much of the coverage of their teams coming together.

Think they didn't learn a LOT From all those Childress, Evernham, Penske and Yates engines????   :eyes:

YEAH they had been running truck teams, and they sucked until the started building them in Bill Davis's shop. (Talk about a man with NO INTEGRITY AND NO SHAME!!!!!) Then all of a sudden they are the fastest trucks and now the truck series is nothing but a toyota benefit series!!!! IT sucks they USED to be fun to watch, but who the hell wants to watch 30  yotas racing for the win!!?!?!?! NOT I!!!!

BTW when davis started building yota trucks the DODGE trucks (Davis ran Dodge Cup cars at the time) were extremely strong and fresh from a manufacturers championship and a driver championship!

Now they are trying to do the same thing to Cup.  ANOTHER Yota benefit series. :eek2:  :eek2:

The70RT

The big three are taking a big hit so TuRD (Toyota Racing Development) is taking advantage of the situation and is spending way more developing engines. I think the big three are trying to survive Bushinomics more that trying to upgrade their engine departments. They are leaving that up to the racing teams themselves. American factory backing is rather weak right now and probably will be for the next thousand years so we better get use to it  :eek2::Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

I'll agree that Kyle can drive the heck out of a car.  I just wish he would have just a little more humility and not appear to be so darn arrogant.  I guess his personality just rubs me a little raw that's all.
Hey i'm a Bill Elliot fan so I have no hope anymore anyway. 
That wreck yesterday with Jr.  What happened to that car to cost him 10 laps for repair, the quick glimpse I saw, it didn't look like he took a big hit at all. I was too busy cooking for the masses and missed quite a bit of the race.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

restoman

Love him or hate him, Kyle Busch brings excitement to the race!
Myself, I think he's an butt hole, but it's fun to watch him race. He does things in a race car that I've only see Sr. do (I'm not in any way comparing him to Sr) and he makes no apologies for his actions. Yes, he is reckless at times, has no regard for anyone else and is gonna get his ass kicked some day, but for now, he's a winner and one of the big draws in the sport. Nascar really needs a guy like him, things were getting a little too politically correct and polite. Busch is going for the win, on the first lap. Points be damned! :)

hutch

He is winning with other owners than Gibbs in the Trucks and Nationwide.  He is a winning machine right now.  I dont think its a fix.   He is a young guy that has no fear.  Once he gets married and has kids his run will be over I bet.

TruckDriver

I think Tony will be leaving Gibbs at the end of the year for another Chevy. :yesnod:
PETE

hutch

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 03, 2008, 04:43:05 PM
I think Tony will be leaving Gibbs at the end of the year for another Chevy. :yesnod:

If they toss in a life time supply of Slimfast and pizza I bet he will take any job.  Look at Kahne, he is like a jockey.  He cant be more than 100lbs wet.  I keep yelling at the TV for someone to give him a phone book to sit on so he can see over the wheel.  His car does not need to work as hard as Smokes.

hutch

http://www.tnt.tv/sports/nascar/racebuddy08_live/#

any of you guys look at this TNT Race buddy. Its pretty cool to keep in the background.  I already miss Fox coverage.  Not a big TNT fan.

chargerboy69

Quote from: hutch on June 08, 2008, 02:48:45 PM

any of you guys look at this TNT Race buddy. Its pretty cool to keep in the background.  I already miss Fox coverage.  Not a big TNT fan.

Looks like Kyle went early. But it also looks like they might have him back in later.

As far as TNT and FOX, I could not wait until TNT took over. I can not stand that dip s#!t Waltrip. Plus, the guy is the biggest Toyota ass kiss around. I am so glad I do not have to hear his big mouth the rest of the season.

--Gerald Ford

hutch

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 08, 2008, 03:31:48 PM

Looks like Kyle went early. But it also looks like they might have him back in later.

As far as TNT and FOX, I could not wait until TNT took over. I can not stand that dip s#!t Waltrip. Plus, the guy is the biggest Toyota ass kiss around. I am so glad I do not have to hear his big mouth the rest of the season.

LOL,,, Man I love ole DW.  He is a good ole boy.  Him and Hammond have a good time on that show.

TruckDriver

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 08, 2008, 03:31:48 PM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: I can't stand listening to Waltrip or Larry Mac announce. Larry Mac is better as a pit announcer so I don't have to hear him as much :P
PETE

General_01

Kasey is on a roll!! I hope he wins quite a bit more. My man Smoke didn't have a good day:35th :P
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

chargerboy69

Kasey is kicking ass lately. Nice to see him doing well again.

Ryan in 18th.  :rotz:

--Gerald Ford