News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

TruckDriver

Martin Truex on the poll, Mark Martin 2nd for the 500 next Sunday :2thumbs:

Bill Elliot 5th :o :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 08, 2009, 04:11:10 PM
Martin Truex on the poll, Mark Martin 2nd for the 500 next Sunday :2thumbs:

Go MARK!!!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 08, 2009, 04:11:10 PM

No real big surprise to me on that one.  You won't see him very much in the race though i'll bet.  BTW, he is/was my favorite driver since 83/84 but.....it's time to retire.  Just being used for past champ advantage, not really competitive anymore and the fact that he runs limited schedule makes me want him to quit even more.  All about the mighty dollar and sponsors getting their name out there vice good stock car drivers driving a stock car.  I'm starting to lose a little interest after seeing those cars yesterday and the changes.  Maybe Sunday's race will spark something. ::)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JC 42

(Mike DC)I really don't have a web site or a story. I'm just a die hard mopar oval track racer who put the time into build my cars nice and fast and keep them that way. But the story behind my car is I'm a local (Ga) racer who loves puttin it to the Chevy and ford boys. We ran the car at Rockingham speedway New Years day in the Polar Bear 150. Started 12th run third till lap 75 lost the Alt fell back to 8th & then losing the bat at 125 held on to finish 14th out of 65 Chevy and 2 fords and my 1 dodge. I had a ball tyring to win that race.Check out www.rockinghamspeedway.com we are headed back July 4th for another race for sure,I'll be better prepaired next trip, hope the series will have a few more this year. Maybe they will get it up to 6 or 8 races a year in 2010. Here's a few pic when I was building the car. JC

400/6/PAC

Whats up with the Bush Boy's
They're tearing it up lately.

Foreman72

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on March 22, 2009, 08:02:15 PM
Whats up with the Bush Boy's
They're tearing it up lately.

i kno...and yet another one slips thru the fingers of my main man JG :rotz:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

General_01

Who are the Bush brother? :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

maxwellwedge

400/6/PAC

Quote from: General_01 on March 22, 2009, 08:44:24 PM
Who are the Bush brother? :shruggy:
Kyle Bush and Kurt Bush.
Nascar drivers

400/6/PAC

General_01

OHHHH!!

You mean Kyle Busch and Kurt Busch. :nana:
496 stroker
4-speed

moparstuart

Quote from: General_01 on March 22, 2009, 09:55:00 PM
OHHHH!!

head for the mountains
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

400/6/PAC

Quote from: General_01 on March 22, 2009, 09:55:00 PM
OHHHH!!

Dooohh :brickwall: :brickwall:
Can I blame that on spell check? :D

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

I am surprised know one has brought up the race Sunday at Talledega.  This was a great race with a amazing finish.  Happy my guy Ryan was still able to finish third.

Video:

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212226017.shtml
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

I was actually suprized no one brought it up either. That to me was the best race I saw in a few years. And the most spetacular. I was disapointed in Carl Edwards statements about the fact that NASCAR won't do anything til someone gets killed. Like Micheal Waltrip said last night, that no one makes him get into the cars, and he knows that this all can happen. Stupid Chad Kanous (sp?) thinks they should know the banking down now at Talladega or put a shicain in the middle of the back straight away to slow the cars down ::)

Edwards car would of never went into the fence if Newman wouldn't of hit him. It was a freak accident.  I loved the race, I like Brad K., so I was happy for him to win. :2thumbs:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 28, 2009, 05:06:32 PM
I was disapointed in Carl Edwards statements about the fact that NASCAR won't do anything til someone gets killed.

If I remember correctly Dale Sr. was killed in the final turn at Daytona eight years ago and their still plate racing.
The changes made after his death was the head restraint, soft walls and some changes to the cars to try and absorb more of the impact from the crash. Nothing to reduce the speeds.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

472 R/T SE

I think the open face helmet did him in more than anything.  :shruggy:

I like the super speedways so it was a good race to watch for me.

General_01

I was just happy Burton punted Kyle out of the way. :icon_smile_big:

I thought it was a good race. I was rather surprised that two cars together could draft faster than the freight train. That's what made it more exciting from my point of view. Brad coming from about 11th with 2 laps to go to win kinda reminded me of Earnhardt Sr. coming from 18th with 5 laps to go and winning years ago.
496 stroker
4-speed

moparstuart

edwards running across the finishline was straight ricky bobby   :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

CHARGERMAN2007_69

that was a bunch of crap when they said it was carl edwards fault he flipped    it was all keslowski's fault   if the look at the tape slow enough then they would see the yes edward was going down to block but he never touched keslowski  and then keslowki went to pass him on the out side ant clipped edwards back end and spun him out and thats how it went down  but i do like the whole ricky bobbie stunt to get out of his car and run to the finish line.
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

TruckDriver

Quote from: NHCharger on April 28, 2009, 05:33:50 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 28, 2009, 05:06:32 PM
I was disapointed in Carl Edwards statements about the fact that NASCAR won't do anything til someone gets killed.

If I remember correctly Dale Sr. was killed in the final turn at Daytona eight years ago and their still plate racing.
The changes made after his death was the head restraint, soft walls and some changes to the cars to try and absorb more of the impact from the crash. Nothing to reduce the speeds.

So, your saying they should reduce the speeds to under 100mph? It was a racing accident that you will have at almost any high speed. I've been to short track races, and saw worse accidents. And they run under 100mph per lap. It can happen at just about any racing speed. If you want the cars to go slower, then you mize well just ban all racing. You don't see football players wearing more padding because one player got his neck broke. It's part of the sport. The drivers, and fans all know this can happen at any race. Just like a wheel or hood going into the stands. You can only do so much to improve things until you reach a point to where it is even senceless to continue. I still disrespect Edwards statement as do a few drivers. He was just pissed he didn't win the race is all.

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on April 29, 2009, 11:39:59 AM
that was a bunch of crap when they said it was carl edwards fault he flipped    it was all keslowski's fault   if the look at the tape slow enough then they would see the yes edward was going down to block but he never touched keslowski  and then keslowki went to pass him on the out side ant clipped edwards back end and spun him out and thats how it went down  but i do like the whole ricky bobbie stunt to get out of his car and run to the finish line.

It wasn't Keslowski's fault. All the other drivers even have said it wasn't.  He did what he had to, to win. I would of done the same thing if it was me.  You guys forget,  RUBBING IS RACING.
PETE

CHARGERMAN2007_69

tru but to tell u the truth edwars should have won the race
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram