News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on April 29, 2009, 02:20:28 PM
tru but to tell u the truth edwars should have won the race

If you need to blame anyone, blame NASCAR. They made the "Yellow Line" rule. Last year Regan Smith went below the yellow line so that wouldn't happen to Tony Stewart. He was penalized and the win went to Stewart. Brad wasn't going to move down and give the race away. End of story. Even Carl said he did the right thing. That's just the way it is.

As far as Carl's statement, I think he is saying that Nascar has to let them race to the finish line. Basically, throw out the yellow line rule on the last lap, or at least from turn 4 to the finish line. Everybody is going to go for broke on that last lap and drivers are going to do crazy things. Drivers need to be able to manuever.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

NHCharger

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 29, 2009, 01:23:31 PM

So, your saying they should reduce the speeds to under 100mph?
No, just stating a fact. NASCAR did nothing when Petty, Irwin, or the guy that drove in the truck series all died within four months of each other in 2000. Track safety did not keep up with the increased speeds of the cars.

I think NASCAR has gone overboard with some of it's safety ideas. I'll never forget when they put restrictor plates on the cars for the race at New Hampshire after Kenny Irwin was killed during practice (Petty was killed in a practice crash there a few months earlier in almost the exact same spot). Jeff Burton lead the entire race, no one could pass. After the race either Burton or Bill Elliot said "that race was so embarrassing we ought to give the fans their money back".
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on April 29, 2009, 07:46:21 PM

As far as Carl's statement, I think he is saying that Nascar has to let them race to the finish line. Basically, throw out the yellow line rule on the last lap, or at least from turn 4 to the finish line. Everybody is going to go for broke on that last lap and drivers are going to do crazy things. Drivers need to be able to manuever.

That would be the best way to do it. :yesnod:

Quote from: NHCharger on April 29, 2009, 08:57:55 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 29, 2009, 01:23:31 PM

So, your saying they should reduce the speeds to under 100mph?
No, just stating a fact. NASCAR did nothing when Petty, Irwin, or the guy that drove in the truck series all died within four months of each other in 2000. Track safety did not keep up with the increased speeds of the cars.

I think NASCAR has gone overboard with some of it's safety ideas. I'll never forget when they put restrictor plates on the cars for the race at New Hampshire after Kenny Irwin was killed during practice (Petty was killed in a practice crash there a few months earlier in almost the exact same spot). Jeff Burton lead the entire race, no one could pass. After the race either Burton or Bill Elliot said "that race was so embarrassing we ought to give the fans their money back".

I remember that too  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 30, 2009, 01:48:09 AM

And you and your family and friends can sit in the first five rows of the grandstand so that when a car does go through the fence you'll be able to see it first hand.

Have fun.

TruckDriver

Well then, fuck it all!

Lets just make any type of auto racing illegal from now on. I have been in the stands here locally when cars come though the front wall. Yes, there were minor (cuts & scraps) from parts flying off, but it never deterred me from going again. Like I said before EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO THEM WHEN THEY GO TO THESE TYPE OF EVENTS..... EVERYONE!

One of the local tracks here even has a sign when you buy you tickets, that says they are not responsible for any injuries accrued from cars on the track, or parts coming off of them. And it still is a full house every week. If you don't like taking that risk, stay the hell home. NASCAR no matter what they do, will NEVER make everyone happy.

Even Bobby Allison who had that very simular crash in '87 that started restricor plate racing, said NASCAR should not change anything. He pretty much says the same thing I am saying.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AgghMhiZLSJThbS_xFWPmKDTv7YF?slug=ap-nascar-allison-edwardscrash&prov=ap&type=lgns
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Quote from: Shakey on April 30, 2009, 06:21:33 AM

And you and your family and friends can sit in the first five rows of the grandstand so that when a car does go through the fence you'll be able to see it first hand.

Have fun.

That's the same kind of thinking that forced hair dryer manufacturer's to put a warning on them that using them in the bathtub is dangerous. ::) Sometimes you need to let people make their own choices. Anyone that goes to a car race knows what may happen.
496 stroker
4-speed

chargerboy69

I found this on Jayski. Dodge may be pulling out of NASCAR after this year. Or told to pull out?

At first blush, it doesn't look like Chrysler's filing for bankruptcy protection on Thursday will have any immediate effect on the seven Sprint Cup teams backed by Dodge. Chrysler was quick to issue a statement on Thursday reaffirming their commitment to NASCAR. But how long, exactly, is the foreseeable future? Several people I [Lars Anderson] talked to involved with NASCAR on Friday morning, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, strongly believed that Chrysler would pull its NASCAR funding in 2010. (The company already slashed its motor sports budget by 30 percent this year.) Then the question would become this: What would happen to the seven teams that Dodge supports? That is the great unknown.(Sports Illustrated)(5-2-2009)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

The70RT

Go Mark.....the ole man gotta another win  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shakey

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 30, 2009, 11:00:16 AM
Well then, fuck it all!

Lets just make any type of auto racing illegal from now on. I have been in the stands here locally when cars come though the front wall. Yes, there were minor (cuts & scraps) from parts flying off, but it never deterred me from going again. Like I said before EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO THEM WHEN THEY GO TO THESE TYPE OF EVENTS..... EVERYONE!

One of the local tracks here even has a sign when you buy you tickets, that says they are not responsible for any injuries accrued from cars on the track, or parts coming off of them. And it still is a full house every week. If you don't like taking that risk, stay the hell home. NASCAR no matter what they do, will NEVER make everyone happy.

Even Bobby Allison who had that very simular crash in '87 that started restricor plate racing, said NASCAR should not change anything. He pretty much says the same thing I am saying.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AgghMhiZLSJThbS_xFWPmKDTv7YF?slug=ap-nascar-allison-edwardscrash&prov=ap&type=lgns

Ummm - I never said to cancel all the races and make it illegal.  I said:

QuoteAnd you and your family and friends can sit in the first five rows of the grandstand so that when a car does go through the fence you'll be able to see it first hand.

Have fun.

Shakey

Quote from: General_01 on April 30, 2009, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Shakey on April 30, 2009, 06:21:33 AM

Have fun.

That's the same kind of thinking that forced hair dryer manufacturer's to put a warning on them that using them in the bathtub is dangerous. ::) Sometimes you need to let people make their own choices. Anyone that goes to a car race knows what may happen.

That's right - I agree!

You can sit in the first five rows with your family and friends with Pete and his family and friends.

:lol:

Foreman72

i'm gonna throw out a gripe against mark martin for a sec...correct me if i'm wrong...but he is running a limited sched this year right? he isn't racing for a championship...so why does he have two wins this season...your taking points/wins away from possible championship contenders...if  your gonna retire, then do so...just me... :Twocents:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

moparstuart

Quote from: Foreman72 on May 11, 2009, 04:09:59 PM
i'm gonna throw out a gripe against mark martin for a sec...correct me if i'm wrong...but he is running a limited sched this year right? he isn't racing for a championship...so why does he have two wins this season...your taking points/wins away from possible championship contenders...if  your gonna retire, then do so...just me... :Twocents:
If he can win , I say go for it . He is the man beating kid half his age .  I love it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

General_01

Martin is running the full schedule this year. And if you think that, then the Cup guys should not be racing in the Nationwide series and Kyle Busch should stay out of the truck series.

The only gripe I have with guys running limited schedules is that they don't take out other guys running the full schedule. Kyle Busch drives like an idiot in the truck series. If his truck is on, that is good. If his truck stinks, then he should not be pushing it beyond it's limits around guys running the full schedule. Same goes for Cup guys in the Nationwide series. Just my opinion.
496 stroker
4-speed

Foreman72

Quote from: General_01 on May 11, 2009, 04:34:47 PM

Martin is running the full schedule this year. And if you think that, then the Cup guys should not be racing in the Nationwide series and Kyle Busch should stay out of the truck series.

The only gripe I have with guys running limited schedules is that they don't take out other guys running the full schedule. Kyle Busch drives like an idiot in the truck series. If his truck is on, that is good. If his truck stinks, then he should not be pushing it beyond it's limits around guys running the full schedule. Same goes for Cup guys in the Nationwide series. Just my opinion.
well if he is running a full sched then fine by me...but i agree that if kyle isn't in trucks to win the cup then he shouldn't be racing...if you got a need for speed find a dirt track
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

NHCharger

Yes Martin is running a full schedule in cup. He just signed an extension for next year.
Two guys I'd like to see win the cup are Martin and Jeff Burton. They're both class acts.

other interesting news.
Jeremy Mayfield has been suspended indefinitely for failing a drug test :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. I love it, can't stand him or his attention whore of a wife.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

400/6/PAC

I like Martin, I was glad to see him win. :2thumbs:

chargerboy69

Quote from: NHCharger on May 11, 2009, 08:35:15 PM

Jeremy Mayfield has been suspended indefinitely for failing a drug test :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. I love it, can't stand him or his attention whore of a wife.

And Jeremy said it was a combination of allergy medication.  ::)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Foreman72

so i went to the race @ NHMS today, friend from church gave me tickets 4 tickets out of the blue when i walked in...so my family went...i tell ya, nothing like one live...my ears are still ringing...o yeah...next time, i'm bringing plugs...but it was such an awesome time...24 got robbed...nice dice rolling there 20 team...but its all good...good for the kid winning his first...
Eric "Foreman"

TruckDriver

That's cool! I wanted Tony to win or Mark. I was to one Busch race back in 1978 when they raced real cars in Milwaukee. That was a blast. I heard on one of the pre-race shows, I guess NASCAR is thinking about debuting the new car for Nationwide series next year in 5 races, then full time in 2011. I guess the Nationwide cars are supposed to have a more "Muscle car" look whatever that really means.
PETE

Ghoste

My guess is that it will be made to look less like the GM cars and more like the Camry.

NHCharger

Latest rumor. Danica Patrick to NASCAR  :puke: :puke: :puke:
She's going to drive for Hendrick's. Since next year is the four car limit rule the rumor is she is taking Junior's ride and Junior will drive his own car at DJ Motorsports with Hendrick's bankrolling him (supposedly). Hendrick's is finally finding out that Junior is just an average driver who can't find his pit box even with a big #88 in front of it.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Foreman72

Quote from: NHCharger on July 03, 2009, 05:46:03 PM
Latest rumor. Danica Patrick to NASCAR  :puke: :puke: :puke:
She's going to drive for Hendrick's. Since next year is the four car limit rule the rumor is she is taking Junior's ride and Junior will drive his own car at DJ Motorsports with Hendrick's bankrolling him (supposedly). Hendrick's is finally finding out that Junior is just an average driver who can't find his pit box even with a big #88 in front of it.

ahahaha junior joke...gotta love it

danica...um...no thanks...F1 you can keep her, no really we insist...
Eric "Foreman"

NHCharger

Nice finish to the race last night. There was no need for Kyle Busch to try and pinch Stewart off at the end. Stewart did not have enough time or momentum to get past Kyle for the win. Someday Kyle's going to get someone killed.

The back stretch stands were totally empty. How many people does it hold, 30-40 thousand?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Lizey

Go Tony Stewart!!!!!!!!!!

i agree though he wouldnt have caught Kyle without Busch's attempted block off of 4
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

73chgrSE

I don't understand why Tony said he felt so bad for that. The only person in the world that was mad about it was Kyle. :smilielol: