News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 05, 2010, 10:15:41 PM
Congrats: #18-Kyle Busch proposed to his girlfriend Samantha Sarcinella on Tuesday and she said yes, no wedding date has been set yet.(2-5-2010)Jayski.com

You have to be kidding.  If that toad worked at Hardees he could not even get a date with his hand and a bottle of Jergens lotion.  It is all about the cash.

Ahh, c'mon.  I guess that means it's all about her brains & personality for him.   :icon_smile_wink:

Landonsrt

Those last two laps made the long delay worth it. Another half a lap, Jr would have won. I had the Directv hotpass for the race is jrs car and thought it was a good chance until they came out of turn 4. He lost momentum. Still a great ending!

TruckDriver

I was happy Jamie McMurray won the race. I always liked him. :cheers: :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

I guess Keslowski won't be bumping people too much for a while anyways. Guess he learned the hard way that paybacks are a bitch.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on March 07, 2010, 06:17:45 PM
I guess Keslowski won't be bumping people too much for a while anyways. Guess he learned the hard way that paybacks are a bitch.

I always thought Edwards was a ass, now he proved it. I heard he was a ass behind the cameras too by a trusted source. I never yet seen Keslowski do any bad driving to spin someone out. Not on purpose anyway.

Either way, it takes a bigger man to just walk away from something and forget about it, then it does to retaliate.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 07, 2010, 06:32:03 PM

I always thought Edwards was a ass, now he proved it. I heard he was a ass behind the cameras too by a trusted source. I never yet seen Keslowski do any bad driving to spin someone out. Not on purpose anyway.

Either way, it takes a bigger man to just walk away from something and forget about it, then it does to retaliate.

Made Earnhardt a 7 time champion. :D

I think Carl was just trying to spin him through the grass. I think Carl felt a few incidents with Keslowski was more than coincidence. Right or wrong, paybacks are a part of the sport. If you don't think so, than you don't know Nascar. 
496 stroker
4-speed

maxwellwedge

BK looked like (to me) he held his line in the first incident. If Edwards really thought he was wronged by that he should have waited until Bristol instead of risking life and injury to drivers and fans. He is an ass - is a Jekyl and Hyde type personality. I thought it was cool when he came virtually out of nowhere Cup-wise and won that first race in Atlanta but his f'd up mindset came through many times - I saw that whole Kenseth deal while at Martinsville. Then you have the Junior thing in victory lane and the confrontation with Harvick and probably some others I have forgotten. I like Nascar's "Let the drivers police each other" old school philosophy but if that was an NHL game the police would have been called.

General_01

I will say that at least he wasn't a puss like half the drivers out there and try to deny what he did. He came right out and said he did it and why. It's in Nascar's hand now. Guess we will see if they like the drivers policing themselves. If it's any consolation, I am sure Keselowski will find him sometime, probably when Carl is having a great day and his day is shot.

P.S.-If anyone saw them interview Carl after the incident and didn't think he was pissed, you don't know how to read people. He just wasn't going to say anything and get parked for the rest of the day.That way he could get back on the track and do what he did.
496 stroker
4-speed

maxwellwedge

He was biting his tongue HARD!   :P

moparstuart

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 07, 2010, 06:32:03 PM

edwards is from columbia missouri and  clint boyer is from emporia kansas , both are considered kansas city area home town  drivers .

well with all the media local clint is alway the best guy and does everything to promote the sport with the locals  Carl and his management team are asses and very difficult to deal with .
  So i root for clint as our home town guy .  :Twocents:

WOW go kurt bush  great win for DODGE with only one Dodge owner now

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

restoman

Sorry, that was just plain low down and dirty.
Reminded me a lot of Geoff Bodine and his stunts.

I'm a big fan of bumping and banging on the tracks and pay-backs are a given. But to bang someone in the quarter on a straightaway at 190+ mph is stupid. Cousin Carl is a very good driver and has enough experience to know that the #12 wasn't simply going to spin, he was gonna get turned around.
I'd say Carl wasn't really biting his tongue as much as he was silently thanking his lucky stars that Keselowski walked away.
He never said during his interveiw that he did it on purpose - he carefully skirted answering that question, leaving people to draw their own conclusions.
We all did. :)
Admitting guilt on TV would make Nascar really throw the book at him, just to save face.

Keselowski handled his end of the interveiw with some class, I thought.

The70RT

I like Carl but he took it too far this time. Keslowski is no angel, he has been banging people around since he started. Too bad he's in a Dodge.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

maxwellwedge

Quote from: restoman on March 07, 2010, 08:57:30 PM
Sorry, that was just plain low down and dirty.
Reminded me a lot of Geoff Bodine and his stunts.

I'm a big fan of bumping and banging on the tracks and pay-backs are a given. But to bang someone in the quarter on a straightaway at 190+ mph is stupid. Cousin Carl is a very good driver and has enough experience to know that the #12 wasn't simply going to spin, he was gonna get turned around.
I'd say Carl wasn't really biting his tongue as much as he was silently thanking his lucky stars that Keselowski walked away.
He never said during his interveiw that he did it on purpose - he carefully skirted answering that question, leaving people to draw their own conclusions.
We all did. :)
Admitting guilt on TV would make Nascar really throw the book at him, just to save face.

Keselowski handled his end of the interveiw with some class, I thought.

True - but we were saying the tongue biting was after the first one - even though jaw flapping after that one wouldn't have resulted in a park job, If he was more vocal after the first one it would have added more fuel to the fire (to Nascar) after the big one.

General_01

I think Keselowski sits in front of his mirror and practices his "It wasn't my fault"speech quite a bit. :rofl:

I think if Keselowski had not gone airbourne, this topic would not be so big. It would be all about "When is Brad gonna get him back". If you watch the replay, the roof flaps deployed and the car still went airbourne. This is actually a bigger deal to me then Carl/Brad's deal. The same thing would have happened if it was a "racing deal". The car would have went airbourne. Nascar did a lot of testing and redesigning in the off season to prevent this after  Newmans ride last year and it seems it did not help. That is the bigger question that came from this incident. Nascar needs to address that question.
496 stroker
4-speed

maxwellwedge

Everyone seems to think (guess/hope) the old spoiler will take car of all this airborne stuff. I think it may help but it never helped Sadler, Wallace etc. I know the instances were rarer with the spoiler.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 07, 2010, 09:32:59 PM
Everyone seems to think (guess/hope) the old spoiler will take car of all this airborne stuff. I think it may help but it never helped Sadler, Wallace etc. I know the instances were rarer with the spoiler.

If you listen to the talking heads, they all think the spoiler change that's coming up is the answer.  :shruggy:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 07, 2010, 09:55:15 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 07, 2010, 09:32:59 PM

If you listen to the talking heads.....  :shruggy:

The band?   :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on March 07, 2010, 08:27:07 PM
I will say that at least he wasn't a puss like half the drivers out there and try to deny what he did. He came right out and said he did it and why. It's in Nascar's hand now. Guess we will see if they like the drivers policing themselves. If it's any consolation, I am sure Keselowski will find him sometime, probably when Carl is having a great day and his day is shot.

P.S.-If anyone saw them interview Carl after the incident and didn't think he was pissed, you don't know how to read people. He just wasn't going to say anything and get parked for the rest of the day.That way he could get back on the track and do what he did.

Yea, I could read him. It is one thing that I have, the ability to read people very good.
PETE

ChgrSteve67

Its called being a bully and a attitude of "you don't deserve to run with the big boys so take that".

If you can intimidate the other drivers to stay away from you and get out of your way its a lot easier to win a race.

Edwards almost wiped out a corner or two earlier trying to get a fender on BK but couldn't quite get to him.

I hope NASCAR throws the book at him but will probably go easy since its CE.

Honestly I think NASCAR should park his butt for at least three races.

In the end I'm betting probation for the rest of the year, loss of 50 driver points and a 100,000 fine.

chargerboy69

Quote from: General_01 on March 07, 2010, 09:27:21 PM
I think if Keselowski had not gone airbourne, this topic would not be so big.

I agree, if Brad went spinning through the grass, it would be know big deal, and we would not be discussing the situation.  But he did go airborne.   While I do not like Brad at all, I do think Carl made a stupid decision.  With the speeds at Atlanta, the chances of the bump resulting in something bad was great.  The guy should have waited a race or two.  Bristol would have been a good spot as speeds are not nearly what they are at Atlanta.  

As a side note, anyone else notice how empty the stands were?  Would have not been like that five years ago.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

The70RT

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 08, 2010, 08:17:24 AM
Quote from: General_01 on March 07, 2010, 09:27:21 PM
I think if Keselowski had not gone airbourne, this topic would not be so big.

I agree, if Brad went spinning through the grass, it would be know big deal, and we would not be discussing the situation.  But he did go airborne.   While I do not like Brad at all, I do think Carl made a stupid decision.  With the speeds at Atlanta, the chances of the bump resulting in something bad was great.  The guy should have waited a race or two.  Bristol would have been a good spot as speeds are not nearly what they are at Atlanta.  

As a side note, anyone else notice how empty the stands were?  Would have not been like that five years ago.

It seems like they advertise tickets all the way up to racetime now. Before you couldn't get any.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

General_01

Keselowski must be fuming.  :RantExplode:

Carl got probation for 3 races.

Let the beatin' an bangin' begin boys. :D
496 stroker
4-speed

maxwellwedge

Eddy Haskell will step on his own d*ck sooner or later!

General_01

I doubt it. He'll stay cool for a while. He made his point. I am just waiting for Hamlin to put Keselowski in the wall now that Nascar gave the OK. :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

maxwellwedge

Hamlin has a lot more issues than worrying about BK.  :yesnod: