News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restoman

Quote from: General_01 on March 09, 2010, 10:17:45 PM
I doubt it. He'll stay cool for a while. He made his point. I am just waiting for Hamlin to put Keselowski in the wall now that Nascar gave the OK. :icon_smile_big:
Bristol should be interesting. :)
Don't be too sure about Hamlin doing the punting tho'. Keselowski strikes me as a very smart and capable driver, he may be up to the challenge. :popcrn:

ChgrSteve67

Its open season for retaliation now.

This shoud boost the ratings.

mikepmcs

That daggone Jimmie Johnson.  He's unstoppable.  Congratulations you son of a bitch!  That's 50. Tied for 10th all time.  Chad Knaus is the smartest man in NASCAR.  Yeah, I said it.  :2thumbs:

Junior finished 7th.  :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JT01

Tons of empty seats people are tired of seeing Jimmie Win. I used to love Nascar cannot stand it anymore

mikepmcs

You know, I was thinking about the empty seats thing today too.  I'm wondering if it's not so much that everyone is watching their budget, tickets too expensive, etc....
But you are right, tons of empty seats.  DW still tried to make it sound like they were full but only 100K out of 165K.  That's a huge gap IMO.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TruckDriver

Quote from: JT01 on March 21, 2010, 03:45:02 PM
Tons of empty seats people are tired of seeing Jimmie Win.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I am starting to watch the races now just to see him hopfully get crashed out :P

Damn arrogent ass :eek2:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

Yeah all it is will Jimmie win or not. You use to be on a waiting list to get Bristol tickets.  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerboy69

Not sure if anyone saw the bad wreck in the Legends race in Bristol.  It involved Charlie Glotzbach and Larry Pearson.  Both guys were injured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGsrdQfLSz8

Taken from Jayski.

UPDATE: Hours later, Jim Wozniak, a Welmont Health System spokesman, said Pearson would undergo surgery on a compound fracture of the left ankle, and that he suffered a fractured pelvis and fractured right hand. "He is awake and alert, and in good spirits," Wozniak said of Pearson, who was listed in fair condition late Saturday night. Wozniak also said that Glotzbach was in good condition, but provided no further details regarding his injuries.(Bristol Herakd Courier)(3-21-2010)
UPDATE 2: Larry Pearson and Charlie Glotzbach, injured in the Showdown charity race at Bristol Motor Speedway Saturday, remain hospitalized Monday at Bristol Regional Medical Center. Their conditions are unchanged. Pearson is in fair condition and Glotzbach is in good condition.(BMS)(3-22-2010)
UPDATE3: Larry Pearson has been released from Bristol Regional Medical Center as of late Monday afternoon, March 22. Pearson was transported and will be admitted into Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC, according to his family. Charlie Glotzbach remains hospitalized Monday at Bristol Regional Medical Center. Glotzbach remains in good condition. The two drivers were injured last Saturday in the Showdown charity race at Bristol Motor Speedway Saturday.(BMS)(3-22-2010)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

I saw it live and the video too. I didn't post it because of the injuries.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

I saw this on Nascar Hub tonight.

It has been confirmed but not made official yet, but Kasey Kane will be going to Hendrick next year. There still is no word on who it may be that he is replacing yet. But Mark Martian and Jeff Gorden are on top of the list. Jeff Gordan has publically said he is thinking about retiring for the past two years. Mark Martian will be 52yo this year.
PETE

General_01

Kasey is going to Stewart-Haas next year and then will most likely take Mark Martin's #5 in 2012. Mark Martin is signed through 2011.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on April 13, 2010, 09:21:48 PM
Kasey is going to Stewart-Haas next year and then will most likely take Mark Martin's #5 in 2012. Mark Martin is signed through 2011.

Dont know where you heard that one. It has been confirmed by Hendrick motor sports.
PETE

maxwellwedge

It is probably a good bet he will be with Stuart in 2011 as a stop gap until HMS in 2012 because he will be gone from Petty at the end of this season. Since SHR is a "sattelite" team for HMS anyway and they have room for 4 there.

chargerboy69

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 14, 2010, 05:48:29 AM
Quote from: General_01 on April 13, 2010, 09:21:48 PM

Dont know where you heard that one. It has been confirmed by Hendrick motor sports.

I read that too on Jayski.  Looks like Stewart Haas Racing next year then over to Hendrick.  Or Martin will change his mind on retiring for the tenth time and Kasey will end up at Stewart Haas for years.

Kahne to Hendrick in 2012 UPDATE 2011?: #9-Kasey Kahne, the hottest potential free agent in NASCAR entering the season, has signed a multiyear agreement to join Hendrick Motorsports in 2011, multiple sources close to negotiations confirmed to ESPN.com Tuesday. The details of the deal, such as which car Kahne will drive, are still being finalized, sources said. The prevailing thought is Kahne will occupy the #5 car currently driven by Mark Martin, sources said. Martin signed a contract extension last year through the 2011 season. There is room for Martin and Kahne in the Hendrick family. Stewart Haas Racing receives chassis, engines and technical support from HMS. So Kahne could be housed there until Martin's contract was up, if necessary. In 2008 Dale Earnhardt Jr. signed a five-year deal with Hendrick. Jimmie Johnson last year signed an extension through 2015, and Jeff Gordon has a lifetime contract. Kahne is in the final year of his contract with Richard Petty Motorsports, and plans to finish the season in the #9 Ford, sources said. It is unknown whether Kahne's sponsor, Budweiser, will accompany him to HMS [which sponsored Hendrick's #25 Chevy for years]. Hendrick Motorsports officials had no comment. Calls placed to Kahne, who turned 30 last weekend, and to his agent were not returned.(ESPN)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

NHCharger

Johnson just won his fifth championship in a row. I have just watched my last NASCAR race (actually only watched the last 30 laps).
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

68coronetGLwannabe

As much as I wanted anybody but Jimmy to win I will still watch next year.  Just think next year half the talk will be about Jimmy The other half will be Commercials.  :slap:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

The70RT

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on November 21, 2010, 04:44:56 PM
As much as I wanted anybody but Jimmy to win I will still watch next year.  Just think next year half the talk will be about Jimmy The other half will be Commercials.  :slap:

It was a tough decision on who to go for...Johnson - no, don't want him to catch Richard Petty. Hamlin.... - no, Toyota. Harvick.... don't really care for him so  :brickwall:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Chad Knaus is God.  That is all.

BTW, I'm not a 48 fan.
Still Bill Elliot. 

Chargen69

anybody, anybody ANYBODY but Hamlin...  I think I would have rathered Kyle Bush win the title than him, oh and he got what he deserve for messing with Harvick.  Nobody bumps on harvick that long without getting some back.

nvrbdn

harvick ran him off and said "thats what you get"  :smilielol: loved it. newman was racing his but off and johnson had to back off for a while afraid he was gona tangle.  :2thumbs: loved that too. and johnson didnt want to let edwards celebrate. im not an edwards fan, but gotta let him celebrate.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: The70RT on November 21, 2010, 04:55:21 PM
As much as I wanted anybody but Jimmy to win I will still watch next year.  Just think next year half the talk will be about Jimmy The other half will be Commercials.  :slap:

It was a tough decision on who to go for...Johnson - no, don't want him to catch Richard Petty. Hamlin.... - no, Toyota. Harvick.... don't really care for him so  :brickwall:

call me blasphemous...but i think Petty's legend is overhyped. Yeah yeah...I know, he drove MOPARS, so we're supposed to put him on a pedestal and can't say anything negative about him. But people tend to forget that "in the good old days" the fields weren't that deep and most of the time he was really racing against one or two other guys (Richard Pearson and Cale Yarborough) that had the resources to compete with him.  Petty Enterprises was Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, RCR, and Roush all rolled up into one back in it's day - they had all the money and people to dominate. That's why when the likes of Earnhardt, Waltrip, Richmond came along and other teams got big sponsor $ in the late 70's and early 80's, he stopped winning.

Whatever you want to give the credit to - Chad Knaus, Hendrick's resources, or Johnson himself, winning 5 titles in a row in this era is next to impossible. Even at 3 titles, that was already more impressive than Petty's seven.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 22, 2010, 03:42:11 PM
As much as I wanted anybody but Jimmy to win I will still watch next year.  Just think next year half the talk will be about Jimmy The other half will be Commercials.  :slap:

It was a tough decision on who to go for...Johnson - no, don't want him to catch Richard Petty. Hamlin.... - no, Toyota. Harvick.... don't really care for him so  :brickwall:

call me blasphemous...but i think Petty's legend is overhyped. Yeah yeah...I know, he drove MOPARS, so we're supposed to put him on a pedestal and can't say anything negative about him. But people tend to forget that "in the good old days" the fields weren't that deep and most of the time he was really racing against one or two other guys (Richard Pearson and Cale Yarborough) that had the resources to compete with him.  Petty Enterprises was Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, RCR, and Roush all rolled up into one back in it's day - they had all the money and people to dominate. That's why when the likes of Earnhardt, Waltrip, Richmond came along and other teams got big sponsor $ in the late 70's and early 80's, he stopped winning.

Whatever you want to give the credit to - Chad Knaus, Hendrick's resources, or Johnson himself, winning 5 titles in a row in this era is next to impossible. Even at 3 titles, that was already more impressive than Petty's seven.
with out the chase bull sh#T it would have never happened
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on November 22, 2010, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on November 22, 2010, 03:42:11 PM

with out the chase bull sh#T it would have never happened

It's hard to say, because it would change the way drivers raced earlier in the season. But either way, you could argue that the Chase makes it even harder for someone to win the title, because instead of having one or two guys running away with it by August, it puts 12 guys on more or less even footing. So you have to beat 12 guys, not just one or two.

But if we're going to be putting things in that context, then you could argue that Petty also won a bunch of titles before the so called "Modern Era", when they had a wacky points system based on money won and race lenghts and ran a bunch of races a year (over 60, IIRC) that not all drivers showed up to regularly.

AND under a Chase-less format, Gordon would have 6 titles by now. ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

NHCharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 22, 2010, 03:55:47 PM

AND under a Chase-less format, Gordon would have 6 titles by now. ;D
Didn't realize you were a closet Gordon fan ;)

Wonder how many titles Petty would have won under the chase format :scratchchin:
Your right about the old days. At times they would have two races a week. 50-60 races a year, no private jets, no power steering, no cooling helmets, you helped work on the car.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

General_01

Brian France is doing a great job of ruining NASCAR.  :rotz:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed