News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I doubt it will happen...sponsors are all about the TV time and winning...granted, Kyle is kind of a jerk..but the kid can drive and win....if Joe cans him and puts someone else in there, I bet M&M's and other major sponsors will go somewhere else

the kid can drive when he wants to....but the attitude needs a bit of work

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on November 06, 2011, 07:43:54 PM
I doubt it will happen...sponsors are all about the TV time and winning...granted, Kyle is kind of a jerk..but the kid can drive and win....if Joe cans him and puts someone else in there, I bet M&M's and other major sponsors will go somewhere else

i dont like him at all , but the attitude and fearlessness is what make him take the risks and winn

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

miller

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on November 06, 2011, 05:09:12 PM
Quote from: bajaherbie on November 06, 2011, 04:59:44 PM
maybe jpe gibbs will park kyle for the rest of the season..... maybe then will he learn how to act on the track.

I would love to see that, but the sponsors will never let that happen. To much money involved. But then again Joe Gibbs is a stand up Moral guy and may do it because thats the right thing to do.

Roush did it with Kurt Busch back in 2005...

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

ChgrSteve67

totally unacceptable behavior.

Kyle is the biggest bully on the track.
He should be put on notice. Put a fender on another car/truck to intentionally wreck them and consider yourself out of NASCAR forever.

Tony Stewart had an anger problem until he became an owner.
Maybe Kyle should start paying for the cars/trucks he wrecks including that of his compeditors.

As for loosing M&M's I really don't think M&M's wants this kind of publicity and could drop their sponsorship if his actions don't change. When your product is marketed to children you really don't want a bad role model reflecting poorly on your product.

Listening to the KB interviews you can clearly see that he thinks his actions were totally justified.
Not much chance of him changing his attitude anytime soon.
The only reason he is apologising now that he has been suspended for the weekend is because he has been told too by Joe Gibbs and NASCAR.

nvrbdn

your right, tony was getting to be a jerk for a few years. with the "dont mess with me" attitude. witch i think he decided was his job after dale passed. dale was another that thought he could do anything he wanted on the track. the only thing is people actually cheered him when he inflicted his punishment on any driver that he thought inhibited his racing style. just my opinion :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bajaherbie

found this on the jayski site....

Statement from M&Ms: "The recent actions by Kyle Busch are not consistent with the values of M&M'S and we're very disappointed. Like you, we hold those who represent our brand to a higher standard and we have expressed our concerns directly to Joe Gibbs Racing."(M&Ms Facebook page)(11-6-2011)

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on November 06, 2011, 07:43:54 PM

I am in no way defending the bone-headed punk move he pulled, but I believe that Kyle will continue to mature with time.   When he has done stupid things at 22, 23 years of age, I have kept in mind he is a very young person.  At 26, that excuse is now wearing a little thin.     Maybe enough knocks on the head will work.    I would like to be a fly on the wall when Coach Gibbs has the "come to Jesus" talk with him. 

As bad as his car ran on Sunday with a mere mortal behind the wheel, it does show Kyle has the talent.     

400/6/PAC

I would like to be a fly on the wall when Coach Gibbs has the "come to Jesus" talk with him.      
[/quote]
:iagree:

bajaherbie

another linky-dink to jayski...

NASCAR Fines Kyle Busch; Places Him On Probation For Remainder Of Year: NASCAR has fined Kyle Busch $50,000 and placed him on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for his actions during the Nov. 4 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway. Kyle Busch violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2011 NASCAR Rule Book. NASCAR took immediate action, parking Busch for the remainder of Friday night's event and maintaining the parked position for the NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway. On Monday, the parking directive was lifted by NASCAR. In issuing Monday's penalty, NASCAR went on to say that "if during the remaining NASCAR events in 2011 there is another action by the competitor that is deemed by NASCAR officials as detrimental to stock car racing or to NASCAR, or is disruptive to the orderly conduct of an event, the competitor will be suspended indefinitely from NASCAR."(NASCAR)(11-7-2011)

ChgrSteve67

There are what.... 2 races left in each series?

Sounds like he is getting another slap on the hand.

nvrbdn

yep thats about it. he lost points in cup, but its basically a slap as long as he chills. can he chill? can he just drive around? or will he freak when someone passes him? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

I don't think Mars is done with him and Gibbs yet. Never know? We may see Rowdy in the Home Depot car since they are upset about the little screen time Joey gives the car and want him out and another driver in the M&M's car. Stay tuned.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

M&M'S drops Kyle Busch for rest of 2011

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=jh-kyle-busch-mms-111011

Kyle Busch has lost a primary sponsor for the remaining two races of the 2011 Sprint Cup season.

M&M's was to be on the hood of Kyle Busch's No. 18 for the final two Cup races of 2011 at Phoenix and Homestead-Miami. But as a result of Busch's actions in last Friday's Truck Series race at Texas, the company has opted to pull sponsorship until 2012. Interstate Batteries will be on Busch's hood for the final two races.

Kyle Busch will not have M&M'S as a sponsor for the final two races of 2011 "Kyle's recent actions are unacceptable and do not reflect the values of Mars," said Debra A. Sandler, chief consumer officer, Mars Chocolate North America. "While we do not condone Kyle's recent actions, we do believe that he has shown remorse and has expressed a desire to change. We believe our decision will have a positive impact on Kyle and will help him return next season ready to win."
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

400/6/PAC

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 11, 2011, 08:52:28 AM
M&M'S drops Kyle Busch for rest of 2011

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=jh-kyle-busch-mms-111011

Kyle Busch has lost a primary sponsor for the remaining two races of the 2011 Sprint Cup season.

M&M's was to be on the hood of Kyle Busch's No. 18 for the final two Cup races of 2011 at Phoenix and Homestead-Miami. But as a result of Busch's actions in last Friday's Truck Series race at Texas, the company has opted to pull sponsorship until 2012. Interstate Batteries will be on Busch's hood for the final two races.

Kyle Busch will not have M&M'S as a sponsor for the final two races of 2011 "Kyle's recent actions are unacceptable and do not reflect the values of Mars," said Debra A. Sandler, chief consumer officer, Mars Chocolate North America. "While we do not condone Kyle's recent actions, we do believe that he has shown remorse and has expressed a desire to change. We believe our decision will have a positive impact on Kyle and will help him return next season ready to win."

They make it sound like Mars will sponsor Him next Year and that this is just a ( Young Man, Go to Your room ) type of thing.
I don't think Mars will sponsor Him.

nvrbdn

he is still driving with interstate batteries. id like to have seen his car driven by someone else the rest of the year, or no sponsor at all. but another slap on the wrist. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

Great finish in tonights race.  Stewart did a great job coming back to win his third championship.  Carl was a very graceful runner-up.  He could teach a few things to Kyle Busch.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

tony did a great job to come back from 40th. great championship. he stayed cool,even after the mess up in the pits with the lug nut. carl edwards was a real pro. my hat is off to him.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

Great race. I was rooting for Tony. Carl was a great runner up. Also, both the Busch brothers finished 11th and 12th in the points. Very fitting that neither one gets to sit on the stage. Great night all around for me. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ChgrSteve67

Guess I have to start watching football now.

Congrats Tony and also to Mr. Edwards for running a great season.

Chargen69

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 20, 2011, 08:43:35 PM
Great finish in tonights race.  Stewart did a great job coming back to win his third championship.  Carl was a very graceful runner-up.  He could teach a few things to Kyle Busch.

and to crybaby denny hamlin, I'll never forget the race that he blamed God for his not winning the race.  I wanted lightning to strike him right then

chargermike

congrats to tony.  it was a good race. love that it came down to win to win. now thats raceing.  as for denny hamlin. why not blame god. good for him. :smilielol:

chargerboy69

I do find it strange Stewart fired his crew chief last month. He gets you get in the chase three years in a row, you win the first two races in the chase this year, and then you tell him he is fired at the end of the year, and you then win three more races.  Good luck finding a better crew chief. If I was Darian, and Stewart came back asking me to stay, I would tell him to shove it. He will be able to pick nearly any team he wants to go to, and pick is salary as well.  This is what happens when Stewart just gets pissy and acts impulsively.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford