News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: chargermike on November 21, 2011, 07:34:45 AM
congrats to tony.  it was a good race. love that it came down to win to win. now thats raceing. 

Great finish, two guys running as hard as they could to the end.    Congrats to Tony.  He deserved it.

hemi68charger

That was a great race and championship run. Looks like I watched history.. You can't get much closer than a tie at the end of the year and then have to use a tiebreaker. Well, I guess you could if both driver's won the same number of races........    :2thumbs:

Looking forward to 2012 already... Even if they are going to EFI ( guess Brad doesn't like it, it got fined by NASCAR for speaking negatively about it).
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nvrbdn

tony and haus/stewart racing is putting a third car on the track next year with danica patrick driving. im not sure she is ready for the cup when she hasnt faired well in the nation wide series. oh well, i guess we will see. keslowski will be a big threat next year. he has really grown. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

How awesome was that? Smoke backs into the Chase, wins half the races, and when he has to win to take the Cup, he does it. That's just epic.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 21, 2011, 12:43:59 PM
How awesome was that? Smoke backs into the Chase, wins half the races, and when he has to win to take the Cup, he does it. That's just epic.
sound way to fishy to me , it was all rigged someone wanted him to win ,  come from 40 back to win sounds like he had a big carberator  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

that was a great race,even or maybe better with the rain delays.more time and interviews.looked like tony was done out of it several times,the damage to grill, close calls the pit mishap and wow,oh wow the 5million 6hundred 60 some throusand dollar check from sprint plus the win  ,,,...  tonys back.
    carl is a great camera guy for the sport and driver too. if jimmy won 1 more year i may have stopped watching???????????????    yeah right.........3 months till next race ,,,,oh no ,,,,,more meds please    

maxwellwedge

Quote from: moparstuart on November 21, 2011, 01:31:26 PM
sound way to fishy to me , it was all rigged someone wanted him to win ,  come from 40 back to win sounds like he had a big carberator  

:lol:   You were hoping your local MO guy would win no doubt.....

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2011, 01:58:44 PM

:lol:   You were hoping your local MO guy would win no doubt.....
No actually carl is really an ass , at least when he is at local promotional events .  I consider clint our local driver  , he is really nice and a genuinely good person .  Carl lets his handlers do everything and could car less about his fans  .    Personally i root for the penski dodge boys .  Sad that clint is moving to toyota I could half way stomach GM but toyota no way   .   :rotz: :icon_smile_big:

maxwellwedge

Are you saying Mr. Phony, Roid-Rage, Attempted Murderer is an Ass? That is kind of a strong word - no?   :D

I like Bowyer as well. Too bad his career is over now that he is joining Motormouth Motorsports.

Aero426

There is a reason a couple of years ago his teammates started refering to him as "The Carl".

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on November 21, 2011, 02:59:55 PM
There is a reason a couple of years ago his teammates started refering to him as "The Carl".
:smilielol: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: yes he is full of himself or that is the way it comes off anyway .

chargerboy69

Quote from: moparstuart on November 21, 2011, 03:25:35 PM
:smilielol: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: yes he is full of himself or that is the way it comes off anyway .

I do not know Carl and I have never met the guy.  I have not seen that side of him on TV, but it would not surprise me if he was that way. I am guessing many of them are arrogant jerks.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Budnicks

:hah: Great for "Smoke" Tony, Congrats for a great chase to the championship with 5 wins ! That is a total career for more than most, let alone for a Championship...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

moparstuart

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 21, 2011, 03:44:16 PM

I do not know Carl and I have never met the guy.  I have not seen that side of him on TV, but it would not surprise me if he was that way. I am guessing many of them are arrogant jerks.
yeah  i would bet alot of them are .  Like football and baseball they all make to much money now adays and are not like the sports figures of 40 years ago  

Budnicks

Quote from: djcarguy on November 21, 2011, 01:37:17 PM
 that was a great race,even or maybe better with the rain delays.more time and interviews.looked like tony was done out of it several times,the damage to grill, close calls the pit mishap and wow,oh wow the 5million 6hundred 60 some throusand dollar check from sprint plus the win  ,,,...  tonys back.
    carl is a great camera guy for the sport and driver too. if jimmy won 1 more year i may have stopped watching???????????????    yeah right.........3 months till next race ,,,,oh no ,,,,,more meds please    
I agree at least it wasn't another damn J.J. championship... That check $$$$$$ amount is impressive, I think NHRA Drag racing needs to take note & bring championship money way, way, way up, it might spark more interest in being an "independent pro drag racer"...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Aero426

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2011, 02:12:19 PM
I like Bowyer as well. Too bad his career is over now that he is joining Motormouth Motorsports.

No kidding.   I wonder what the real story at RCR was.    I can't see Clint going to MWR being any kind of a step up.   

maxwellwedge

I heard the 5 Hour Energy deal was not enough dough for the Kyle Bush bitch-slappin RCR. I guess the amount was enough for Motormouth Racing to field sub-standard cars with.

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 21, 2011, 03:44:16 PM

I do not know Carl and I have never met the guy.  I have not seen that side of him on TV, but it would not surprise me if he was that way. I am guessing many of them are arrogant jerks.

You guys remember when he was PMSing a couple of years ago, feuding and wrecking and even almost throwing a punch at Kenseth?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Aero426

The fake punch at Kenseth was when it leaked out that several of his Carl's own teammates weren't real fond of him.    His "I'm such a nice guy" persona seems like it is one of those deals for when the cameras are on.     

chargerboy69

Quote from: Budnicks on November 21, 2011, 03:49:21 PM
:hah: Great for "Smoke" Tony, Congrats for a great chase to the championship with 5 wins ! That is a total career for more than most, let alone for a Championship...

And he said he crew chief is still fired.  I think Stewart should have waited until the season was over before canning the crew chief who helped him get the championship.  ::)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 21, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on November 21, 2011, 03:49:21 PM

And he said he crew chief is still fired.  I think Stewart should have waited until the season was over before canning the crew chief who helped him get the championship.  ::)

there's probably something going on there that the public is not privy to. Maybe some personal issues or something along those lines.

NHCharger

Yeah I was kinda of thinking the same thing. But NASCAR made it clear they would seriously bitch slap anyone who wrecked Carl or Tony so I think everyone let the two of them have at it. If Carl is a big of a DB that others are saying then I would assume many of the drivers stepped aside to let Tony catch back up to Carl.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

nvrbdn

definately tony moved through the pack easier than an early race in the season when everyone and every spot still counted. the pit stratagy helped also when he had just pitted before the rain. that put everyone else behind him. 2 cars staying out with bad tires helped on the restart when tony got around them and carl took a few more seconds to make the pass. plus carl only got 2 tires on his stop in fear of loosing spots on the track. it all worked out in tonys favor.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: NHCharger on November 21, 2011, 05:23:05 PM

Yeah I was kinda of thinking the same thing. But NASCAR made it clear they would seriously bitch slap anyone who wrecked Carl or Tony so I think everyone let the two of them have at it. If Carl is a big of a DB that others are saying then I would assume many of the drivers stepped aside to let Tony catch back up to Carl.

It did look like some guys were letting Smoke get by rather easily. Maybe he's liked or at least respected among the other drivers, so they let him through, or perhaps it's because they don't like Carl. Whatever the reason, I'm certain that its more of a case of the drivers themselves doing (or not doing) their part, rather than NASCAR finaggling the results. You reap what you sow.

bajaherbie

MWR has contacted darrien grubb about a job as a crew chief ::)