News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 21, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on November 21, 2011, 03:49:21 PM
:hah: Great for "Smoke" Tony, Congrats for a great chase to the championship with 5 wins ! That is a total career for more than most, let alone for a Championship...

And he said he crew chief is still fired.  I think Stewart should have waited until the season was over before canning the crew chief who helped him get the championship.  ::)

Honestly, it did not surprise me. His crew is pretty horrible at pit stops and pit strategy cost him a couple races early in the season. I think the better performance by his crew in the Chase came because the boom was lowered on Darian and they wanted to do better to either try to change Tony's mind and keep Darian or at least try to keep there own jobs for next year.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

chargerboy69

Quote from: General_01 on November 21, 2011, 06:04:10 PM
:hah: Great for "Smoke" Tony, Congrats for a great chase to the championship with 5 wins ! That is a total career for more than most, let alone for a Championship...

And he said he crew chief is still fired.  I think Stewart should have waited until the season was over before canning the crew chief who helped him get the championship.  ::)

Honestly, it did not surprise me. His crew is pretty horrible at pit stops and pit strategy cost him a couple races early in the season. I think the better performance by his crew in the Chase came because the boom was lowered on Darian and they wanted to do better to either try to change Tony's mind and keep Darian or at least try to keep there own jobs for next year.

But they had won four races this year when Darian was informed he was canned.  Most teams did not win even one race.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

General_01

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 21, 2011, 07:51:54 PM

But they had won four races this year when Darian was informed he was canned.  Most teams did not win even one race.

They had only won two. Darian said he was told before the Charlotte race. Yes, they had a good Chase, but they were horrible the first 26 races of the year. At least 2 races lost this year because of poor pit stops by the crew and/or poor calls by Darian.
496 stroker
4-speed

nvrbdn

im surprised it hasnt gone farther than this. part of his team is ryan newman's pit crew. every time ryan went into the pits he lost spots on the track. they were lucky to get 1 good pit stop per race. when you come in in the top 10 and go out 15th every time it gets old. time to clean house. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

I think there were more different winners and first time winners than in past years?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerboy69

Quote from: General_01 on November 21, 2011, 09:15:55 PM

They had only won two. Darian said he was told before the Charlotte race. Yes, they had a good Chase, but they were horrible the first 26 races of the year. At least 2 races lost this year because of poor pit stops by the crew and/or poor calls by Darian.

Your right, my mistake.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

Steve Addington quits as Kurt Busch's crew chief

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-kurtbusch-crewchief

Doesn't suprize me really, lol.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

The Real Kurt Busch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsaBQq5D4Zg

Jerry Punch waiting to go live tells Kurt off camera a piece of his transmissions went through Stewart's grille.    Not for sensitive ears.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Aero426 on November 22, 2011, 03:49:26 PM
The Real Kurt Busch...

Jerry Punch waiting to go live tells Kurt off camera a piece of his transmissions went through Stewart's grille.    Not for sensitive ears.

heh...there's something to be said for candor. One of the biggest knocks against NASCAR is that the drivers are too corporate and "vanilla", so I for one don't mind to see them being assholes.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Aero426

You can be candid without being a total ass hole.    Kurt has some real anger management issues. 

Given how he treats his crew and the media, I can't imagine the contempt that Kurt must feel towards the lowly fans who pay to sit in the stands.  

Budnicks

I don't think too many, if any of the "professional drivers" give a shit about any fans, they are just a means of support to them & their sponsers, they take too much of their time & just a pain in general, TV appearances, photos & autographs etc., I think it's more like contempt...  It seem almost all drivers will torch the crews or crew chiefs at 1 point or another on their radios during the race, then praise them after winning, it's just TV entertainment, a bunch of self centered priemodonna's, it's come with the territory in all forms of racers & racing in general...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 22, 2011, 04:16:16 PM
The Real Kurt Busch...

heh...there's something to be said for candor. One of the biggest knocks against NASCAR is that the drivers are too corporate and "vanilla", so I for one don't mind to see them being assholes.
I for 1 like to see drivers with a personality, instead of the robots spouting the same old, "we take it 1 race or 1 day at a time shit", they all seem to say when they are on camera...

maxwellwedge

I think Penske will can his dumb ass like The Cat in the Hat did.

Real emotion = Good.

A-Hole non-stop = A-Hole.

General_01

The Real Kurt Busch...

Penske Racing issues apology and reviewing internally.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Penske-Racing-apologizes-after-Kurt-Busch-Homestead-outburst-goes-viral-112211

Must be genetic. Both Kurt and Kyle are the biggest A-Holes under the sun. ::)
496 stroker
4-speed

maxwellwedge

Yes - Their parents raised them well.  :yesnod:

Budnicks

Not to defend any of these a$$ holes, it has to be tough to have someone shove a microphone in your face right after a wreck or blowing something up you adrenaline has to be thru the roof at the time, I know they are suppose to be professionals, but I had a wreck at Bristol Drag strip in the early 80's & a guy from TNN Diamond P Sports started asking me question right afterwards, all I remember is wanting to choke out Brent Kempner the TNN reporter at the time, I was so pissed, he was even thinking of asking me how I felt, "How do you think I felt ? He just wrecked my $60K race car", I got wrecked by the other guy crossing into my lane & wrecking both of our cars, I could hardly talk at all... I apologized to Brent Kepner latter for my attitude, he said "it's no big deal, it's normal to be emotional, right after a wreck, but the producer just wanted to get the drama on camera"

Ponch ®

Quote from: Aero426 on November 22, 2011, 05:12:22 PM
You can be candid without being a total ass hole.    Kurt has some real anger management issues. 

Given how he treats his crew and the media, I can't imagine the contempt that Kurt must feel towards the lowly fans who pay to sit in the stands.  

Look the guy had a shitty season (by his standards) and his equipment couldn't even get him through the last race. Of course he's gonna be in a pissy mood.

He's basically the "boss" of the team, so if his crew ain't getting it done, he needs to rip them a new one to motivate their asses. No different than any other boss. And since when are we so concerned about the media?

Im not saying he's not being an asshole, I'm just saying that his assholeness (is that a word?..LOL) isn't entirely unjustified.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Aero426

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 22, 2011, 06:53:43 PM

He's basically the "boss" of the team, so if his crew ain't getting it done, he needs to rip them a new one to motivate their asses. No different than any other boss. And since when are we so concerned about the media?

Yes, Kurt really motivated Steve Addington, didn't he?    How long will the next guy last?    Kurt will not achieve another championship the way he is.  There is no way, because he is bigger than the team.    It's the teams fault,  it's NASCAR's fault.    Soon it will be Roger's fault.   

Aero426

Quote from: Budnicks on November 22, 2011, 06:47:14 PM
Not to defend any of these a$$ holes, it has to be tough to have someone shove a microphone in your face right after a wreck or blowing something up you adrenaline has to be thru the roof at the time, I know they are suppose to be professionals, but I had a wreck at Bristol Drag strip in the early 80's & a guy from TNN Diamond P Sports started asking me question right afterwards, all I remember is wanting to choke out Brent Kempner the TNN reporter at the time, I was so pissed, he was even thinking of asking me how I felt, "How do you think I felt ? He just wrecked my $60K race car", I got wrecked by the other guy crossing into my lane & wrecking both of our cars, I could hardly talk at all... I apologized to Brent Kepner latter for my attitude, he said "it's no big deal, it's normal to be emotional, right after a wreck, but the producer just wanted to get the drama on camera"

I assume you were not paid millions and had a team of PR handlers to teach you how to properly answer a tough question.     These Cup drivers know that the questions are going to be asked.   It's part of the deal.   NOBODY shoved a mic in Kurt's face.    Why he didn't excuse himself from the get-go, I can't say.   

Aero426

Here's another good one.    Even his peers on the track know he's a head case.    Listen to Gordon and Bowyer being told to "watch out for the #22"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVN-ruNmiSs

Budnicks

Quote from: Aero426 on November 22, 2011, 07:31:37 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on November 22, 2011, 06:47:14 PM

I assume you were not paid millions and had a team of PR handlers to teach you how to properly answer a tough question.     These Cup drivers know that the questions are going to be asked.   It's part of the deal.   NOBODY shoved a mic in Kurt's face.    Why he didn't excuse himself from the get-go, I can't say.  
No millions, No Handlers, No Attitude, well usually, but I had $100K-$400K in sponsors a bottling company & tobacco company depending on which car & what the season or event NHRA, IHRA, Super Chevy, NDRA, NCTA Nostalgia Racing what ever, I think some guys have talent for racing but have no talent for media, is kind of my point...  The funny thing is they got more advertisement from my being wrecked than they did during regular racing situations, I think "the have at it boys" NASCAR instituted, is a real big part of the problem, you can't let these guys retaliate willy nilly when ever they please, it will get someone killed.... 

Ponch ®

Quote from: Aero426 on November 22, 2011, 07:35:07 PM
Here's another good one.    Even his peers on the track know he's a head case.    Listen to Gordon and Bowyer being told to "watch out for the #22"

great...i just spent an hour watching NASCAR related videos. The " Cussing Special" is epic.:lol:

nvrbdn

i know, once you watch one there are so many more to lure you in. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

NHCharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 23, 2011, 02:15:24 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on November 22, 2011, 07:35:07 PM

great...i just spent an hour watching NASCAR related videos. The " Cussing Special" is epic.:lol:

:lol: :lol: Same here. Funny one, Kyle Busch cursing up a storm at JJ who keep giving him the finger. Both the Busch boys have some serious anger management issues. Their parents did a fine job raising them
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

NASCAR fines Kurt Busch $50,000 for poor behavior  :smilielol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-buschfined

NASCAR cited both an obscene gesture Busch made inside his car and him being verbally abusive to a reporter in fining the 2004 Cup champion.

"Kurt Busch showed disrespect toward a media member, an incident that followed similar inappropriate media confrontations earlier in the season," NASCAR said in a statement announcing the penalty.

Busch had a transmission problem early in Sunday's race that sent his Penske Racing Dodge to the garage. His in-car camera caught him making an obscene gesture during that time.

While his team made repairs, Busch waited to be interviewed by an ESPN reporter, and a fan videotaped Busch being verbally abusive while waiting to go live.

That video was posted on YouTube, and both Penske officials and Busch have apologized in separate statements for his behavior.

My oldest son said after I told him this (yes he seen the video), "that's still not enough"  :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P