News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wanted 68 69 70 original engine compartment pictures.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 24, 2008, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

It's very hard to find any original engine compartment shots from back in the day.  I love looking at the detail of the way it was done back then but rarely can I find a picture?  I do have one of a 69 Hemi 500.  Look at the how they used 2 Metal straps to hold the heater hoses.  My car is an A/C car but I didn't get any original parts with it.  If you have any 100% unrestored engine compartment shots, or any type pictures from 68 69 or 70 please post it.  Thanks, Rob.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

375instroke

69_500

Just exactly what are you looking for in the photo? I have TON's of photo's of unrestored Chargers engine compartments. What size motor, what options are you looking for? Each one is different though, it doesn't seem that any of them follow all of the same rules.

If that first photo is the one I think it is, then I have many many many shots of that car in the same state today. Its still unrestored, other than a new washer bottle.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on March 05, 2008, 07:11:44 PM
Just exactly what are you looking for in the photo? I have TON's of photo's of unrestored Chargers engine compartments. What size motor, what options are you looking for? Each one is different though, it doesn't seem that any of them follow all of the same rules.

If that first photo is the one I think it is, then I have many many many shots of that car in the same state today. Its still unrestored, other than a new washer bottle.
Thanks for asking, really what I want is to see how the a/c lines were along with the heater hoses.  I can't find one single photo of a 440 car with a/c and what bracket was used for the heater hoses off the fender well?  I'm told it isn't the same as a non a/c car. Thanks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

y3chargerrt

This is my 69 engine. Mostly stock except for the modern compressor but the lines are run correctly with correct brackets.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: y3chargerrt on March 05, 2008, 08:42:04 PM
This is my 69 engine. Mostly stock except for the modern compressor but the lines are run correctly with correct brackets.
see, I was told the A/C bracket is different than non A/c and yours looks like the non A/C type?

69_500

Hmm here are two that I could find pretty quickly. Will see if I can dig up some more though.

69_500

and here is one of the bracket on the same car.

69_500

another 440 A/C car. Showing bracket.

69_500

And here is yet another one. This is one is definately unrestored.

Blown70

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on March 06, 2008, 05:33:01 PM
And here is yet another one. This is one is definitely unrestored.
Very interesting.  Thanks for taking the time out to post those.  Notice though how the red one has the heater hose going in the wrong valve inlet?  The hose on the right side goes to the lower valve opening.  Good news is you show 2 cars with the same style bracket.  Awesome, that's finally the answer for me.  Thanks.

resq302

Interesting how those pics all have power disc brakes also. :scratchchin:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69_500

I find it even more interesting that all 3 of the cars pictured are 1969 Charger 500's.  :icon_smile_big: Sorry couldn't find a non 500 photo to use that applied to this thread.

(side note on the red car, it has been restored) There are a few things under the hood that aren't correct, not a whole lot, but its not 100% perfect by any means. But it is the right bracket, and yes he has the wrong hose in the bracket.

poppa

Quote from: resq302 on March 06, 2008, 11:56:52 PM
Interesting how those pics all have power disc brakes also. :scratchchin:

How can you tell they are all disc brakes?? How come two have the lines from the master cylinder going out and the rest are going in??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: poppa on March 07, 2008, 07:47:11 PM

How come two have the lines from the master cylinder going out and the rest are going in??

Huh???  Disc brakes use a master cylinder that has 1 large reservoir & one small reservoir.....drum brakes use equal size ones
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Here are some original ones I have.  I believe Mike (Shakey) posted these a while back on one of his junkyard trips......interesting that this engine definitely looks painted red? :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

This was an RT/SE car I believe....with power discs
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

poppa

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 07, 2008, 08:51:31 PM
Quote from: poppa on March 07, 2008, 07:47:11 PM

How come two have the lines from the master cylinder going out and the rest are going in??

Huh???  Disc brakes use a master cylinder that has 1 large reservoir & one small reservoir.....drum brakes use equal size ones

Lines go towards fender,others towards engine.....

gtx6970

69_500

Oh there is quite a few things on the green car that aren't correct. I only posted it because it had a clear shot at the bracket. That car needed quite a bit, but was a factory A/C 440 car, and the photo showed the bracket pretty clearly.

gtx6970

Quote from: 69_500 on March 08, 2008, 02:52:32 PM
Oh there is quite a few things on the green car that aren't correct. I only posted it because it had a clear shot at the bracket. That car needed quite a bit, but was a factory A/C 440 car, and the photo showed the bracket pretty clearly.

But it's the wrong bracket for an A/C car .

69_500

You are correct. Feel free to give me one of these at any time Bill.  :slap: :poke: :smash: :loser:

1969chargerrtse

Forgot about this thread for awhile.  Thanks (Danny/Chris ) everyone for your pictures.

Chatt69chgr

Hey poppa-----------your question about why some had the lines going out and some in.  This was a subject kicked around on here a lot.  I think the end result was that on a disc brake car, the lines coming toward the engine were what was normally used-------leastways on a 69 charger RT with disc brakes.  This master was real hard to find for a while but now is available in a repop from NAPA.  I think thats the only place you can get it.  The one with the lines going toward the fender will work just fine but wouldn't be "correct". 

poppa