News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starting Daytona Project Finally with a 70 charger

Started by petercharger, February 25, 2008, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Just a thought , wouldn't have made sense to have modified front fenders and rear window, decklid and fabricate the shit load of other things that need to get done prior to primer ??

Larry

BigBlockSam

and do your trunk lid first before you install the window plug . that will tell you where the plug will go. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on March 03, 2008, 08:35:53 PM
Just a thought , wouldn't have made sense to have modified front fenders and rear window, decklid and fabricate the shit load of other things that need to get done prior to primer ??

Larry

there is nothing wrong with squirting some epoxy on right after its stripped to avoid flash rust. You can always just reshoot a couple areas after the rest of the metal work is done.  :slap:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

petercharger

so do the lid first and then work up with the Vega plug..is that the best way to do it ?? I have a spare lid in case that does not work...thanks for the information. peter :cheers: :cheers:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

hotrod98

I. Alter the deck lid and install making sure that it's aligned in the opening
2. Install hinges and deck lid hinge brackets
3. Cut the sail panels, both sides
4. Install the vega plug, including the headliner retainers and filler to package tray
5. Fill the gap between the plug and the roof
6. Cut the trunk opening slots on the sides and install the dutchman panel
7. Re-install the back glass and moldings
8. Install the headliner, back window trim and package tray liner

What am I leaving out?

What type of closeout panel are you using on the deck lid?
Here's a pic of the deck lid with the steel closeout panels that I use.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteHere's a pic of the deck lid with the steel closeout panels that I use. 

hotrod did my trunk lid for me. i sent it to him in the mail and he altered it. did a great job too. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 03, 2008, 08:05:49 PM
Quote  This is the stage where most of the wing car projects stall out a

your so right. I've seen a good 10--15 wing car projects get started and never finished . off the top of my head , Danes car is the only one I've seen finished. hopfully mine will be next. can you guys think of any other ones that where finished from this board? Rene
as soon as i get a top on my convertible bird you can stick a fork in it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

C channel from bottom of plug to package old package tray . It does three things , ledge for daytona package tray , a ledge to install lower windowtrim and last but not least , the channel itself will strengthen the lower window area of plug !!. Should only take about two weeks to do entire conversion  :icon_smile_big:

Larry

BigBlockSam

Quoteas soon as i get a top on my convertible bird you can stick a fork in it   

:cheers:

daytonalo

I hope when he really sees the amount of work involved he doesn't quit !! If he is paying someone to do it , oh boy !! a recipe for Disaster !! Good luck Grasshopper !!!

petercharger

larry since I am new to this..do you have any pictures of your completed cars and current projects..would like to see...thanks peter :drool5:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks