News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

building small block stroker

Started by srpntlair1, February 29, 2008, 10:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srpntlair1

some guys and are are wanting to build a circle track "street stock" class car basic guidlines for mopar, we can do any small block thinking of a 408 stroker. has to have cast iron heads intake and exh manifolds. the only rule that might give trouble is it must pull 14 lbs of vacuum how can I achieve this and stay competitive with chebby's and fords whose crate motors are running around 425-45o horse

Challenger340

Just do a 408 Mopar with 308 heads W/2.02 valves.

What fuel are you allowed ?
Porting allowed ?

No matter, should easily be able to match that power number, with attention to detail.

Only wimps wear Bowties !

69Chrgr

Just finished up and installed my 408 SB in an A body. One nasty little ride. Can't believe how easy it was. Mine has aluminum heads, however if you have read the latest Mopar Muscle Engine shootout, you'll see that they still achieved over 500 h.p. with production Magnum heads. Indy was very creative with them. You may give them a call, they can help you out. They can be total A.H.'s, but the quality of parts is awesome. That's where I got my reciprocating components and heads. I've also had excellent luck w/Hughes. Now that I'm finished with the S.B., I have to concentrate on the Hemi now, however I'd love to build another one. Probably will. If you use a Magnum block, you don't have to do anything but install the stroker kit. Again, unbelievably easy build and very rewarding results. Keep us informed as I'm very interested in what you decide. Good Luck! :yesnod: