News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lenco L4000 Dual-Spot Welder

Started by LeeBoy, February 25, 2008, 04:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeBoy

Is anyone familiar with this welder or know of another manufacturer for the same type spot welder? I'm thinking of getting one and wanted to know of other models that might be available. http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/lnxl4000.html
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Charger-Bodie

That is the same spot welder that we have here at my Body shop.

We use it all of the time, never ever had a problem with it and its 20 years old.

The only thing to watch for is : do not try to weld with it after the handles get too hot , they just dont penetrate well in those conditions. just let them cool down for a while and do another bunch of weld......
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

daytonalo

Do you do one side Spot welds with that system ?? Why are there two handles ?? Give me pro's and con's .  Harbor Freight sells one for 200

daytonalo

Do you do one side Spot welds with that system ?? Why are there two Handles ? Pro's and cons of this system . Harbor freight sells one for 200 .

Larry

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on February 25, 2008, 06:52:48 PM
Do you do one side Spot welds with that system ?? Why are there two handles ?? Give me pro's and con's .  Harbor Freight sells one for 200

Yes it welds from one side (or two if the cables reach) each handle makes a weld.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

LeeBoy

Quote from: daytonalo on February 25, 2008, 06:55:01 PM
Do you do one side Spot welds with that system ?? Why are there two Handles ? Pro's and cons of this system . Harbor freight sells one for 200 .

Larry
Put the two leads where you want the welds and pull the trigger. Presto, two spot welds!Just like factory.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

daytonalo

What do you do when you have to weld a brace in and your by yourself ??? How do line up the guns when one person is under floor and one is on top ??

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on February 25, 2008, 07:04:22 PM
What do you do when you have to weld a brace in and your by yourself ??? How do line up the guns when one person is under floor and one is on top ??

In some cases it becomes necessary to mark where the welds need to be.

daytonalo

Harbor Freight spot welder welds from one side . It also welds studs . Check it out , it is 299

runningman

I got the Miller spot welder, was around 450 or so.  I haven't used it yet though, can't say if it is any good.