News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody interested in a clone Superbird project?

Started by Lifsgrt, March 05, 2008, 11:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifsgrt

While talking to a friend about swapping the original Superbird wing I recently purchased for a Daytona wing, my friend proposed a Superbird clone project to me.  He has a '70 Sport Satellite with clear title in need of floor pan, QPs, and seats.  The package includes an original Superbird nose (needs the headlight "wedges") but still has headlight buckets, original Superbird nose that needs the extension (this sounds odd, but is what he said), original Superbird fenders, and a rear Superbird window,.  There is no plug with this package.  He has a few options for engines, starting with a running '73 cast crank 440 and 727.  The car has an 8 3/4" rear with no 3d member, but has axles.  The spindles have been removed from the front.  He's asking $15,200 with this engine/trans package and an open 3d member and driveshaft (not installed, just the parts).  I'd ask you to buy my original Superbird wing as part of the package to complete your project and help me with mine (unless my wing sells on eBay, then I'll just do it out of the goodness of my heart!  These prices are his quote, I've not added anything).  I haven't seen the car, but this fellow says it's a worthwhile car to build from.  He's asking $13,500 without the engine/trans and other driveline bits and pieces.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the time and money available...bet that sounds familiar.  Let me know if you're interested.   :2thumbs:
Best time 11.07@121

daytonalo

petercharger

I am doing a charger but my neighbor is thinking about buying my superbird wing..he is looking for a car to put it on...do you have any pictures of the car and parts to give him an idea of what he can buy....thanks peter :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

nakita7

41husk

I would like to get some pics as well  allen.kirgan@gcsd9.net   Thanks Allen
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Quote from: daytonalo on March 05, 2008, 01:01:04 PM
What is a Headlight Wedge ????

My guess is, it's the actual headlight doors since they are kind of wedge shaped housings, not just doors.

I'm not one to ever tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do with project cars & parts, but my advice would be to sell off the original Superbird parts since someone restoring a real bird may pay to get their hands on original parts. The money from the sale could purchase new repro parts, & still have leftover cash to put into the car.   :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Lifsgrt

If I can get pics I'll post them.  Thanks for the replies.
Best time 11.07@121