News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need an opinion on a paint job

Started by 69mopar, March 05, 2008, 08:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69mopar

Looking to make my charger stand out but wothout looking too ridiculous... I want to either paint it black or go with this "scheme" let me know what you guys think please. I want to make sure i dont like it only because i designed it. The thing is i want the color to be a red not orange..

bordin34

I like it except where it comes further into the door by the mirror.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

69mopar

thats just me not being perfect... my actualy idea is it being moved back behind the mirror. this is just a "rough sketch"

Charger-Bodie

In my opinion Chargers need to be one color. :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

NHCharger

I like it. Reminds me of what we use to do to our cars back in the 70's.
If your going to go with the 70's paint scheme you should go with some old school mags and lose those bling bling wheels. :puke:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Fitz73Chrgr

Not bad, although I like Chargers one color as well. 

Love the V21 style hood stripes though. 

I'd lose the spoiler personally. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Charger1973

The 2 colors look good together but I dont like the way the black pinstripe thingy clashes with the door scoops.  If I did it, I would make the entire top of the car black not just the back half. 

Daytona R/T SE

Looks like Chip Foose is hittin' the bottle again  :eek2: ::)

daytonalo

Somebody's on an Acid trip !!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

joesykora

:icon_smile_big: As far as having a car it will definatly stand out. I like the paint job, but like everybody says I'm not all about the two stripes near the mirror. Alot of people will tell you to go original but I like the hot-rod look to it too.  :yesnod:

68RT4ME

Make it into a General Lee!!!  :slap: Doh.. Just kidding. I am also a fan of one color.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

ChgrSteve67

Looks good. Loose the red section just above the windshield.

speedfreak68

Dude...you like totally stole my idea.... :'( eccept on mine i was planning on using Home Depot Orange with Flat Black...

Blown70

I dont mind it too much, Personally I do not like when people try to "do" something with the scallops in the doors  I just dont think it looks good.

To me the second generation Chager is one of the best looking cars ever produced...... not much need to paint it up to make it look any better.

JUST MY  :Twocents:

NMike

i took the wing off of my car. i just used the large size Magnum 500's. the charger is best in drag racing, it sucks in Grip and Drift events.

BTW, what some others have said, looks better mono-tone.