News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

talk about a quick flipper

Started by BigBlockSam, March 04, 2008, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

it gets me mad. i know everybody's got a right to make some cash but there are so many of us that would cherish a car like this . then this guy gets it for a good price , $77000  and all he can see is cash . instead of what it is. NASCAR HISTORY!  this is the car from the rm auction.   :RantExplode:

OK I'm done

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Plymouth-Road-Runner-Superbird_W0QQitemZ180220878031QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180220878031

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

Hey Jughead, I think that is a too much money considering the car needs full paint , int and rotisserie resto . In case you haven't noticed , the dollar isn't worth shit !! Look very close Jughead

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on March 04, 2008, 07:06:49 PM
Hey Jughead, I think that is a too much money considering the car needs full paint , int and rotisserie resto . In case you haven't noticed , the dollar isn't worth shit !! Look very close Jughead
just drive it the way it is    cool 70's look
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

Heck I would drive it like that.  Just me.  A bit o'nostalgia. O0 :apimp: O0

I do agree with buying and selling but I guess. If I had the $$ I should've bought it at auction. :shruggy:

BigBlockSam

Quotejust drive it the way it is    cool 70's look 

you just don't get it cuppy . not everyone wants a show car .. i luv the wing cars. you don't  have that . after your done building your car your probably gonna sell it. thats cool too , but thats not how i see them . there part of me.  wether i own one or not. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Troy

So what's the problem? Bidding is at $60k right now and there's no guarantee that it will pass the break even point of $80k+ ($77k + buyer's fees). Someone who *really* wanted it could have outbid him at the previous auction. :shruggy:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlockSam

Ghoste

And if it's a dealer who bought it, that is kind of how they make their money.
I tend to view flippers more as the type who prey on somebodys good nature through deception in order to score a cheap car.  :shruggy: :Twocents:

daytonalo

TAKE IT EAST JUGHEAD !!!!!!! JUST GO BACK TO WORK ON YOUR RAT-ROD !!! :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I agree. I don't see how someone would even think that a cloned wing car would ever be worth more than a legit one. So for someone to knock this car for a $77K price is just crazy. Definately worth that much. Legit Superbird. Legit 6 pac car at that. I don't personally like flippers, but that is just my opinion. Buy a car or build a car because its what you like, not with $$$$$ in your eyes.

daytonalo

Two years a go it was a different market . I have a line on a few out of state mopars , 70 plum crazy Challenger , 69 or 70 GTX and some other . I will flip them and laugh all the way to Bank . It is called , paying the bills !!!!!!or live in Trailer

Larry

69_500

5 months ago it was a different market. Has nothing to do with paying bills, has everything to do with loving the cars for what they are. And they aren't $$$$$$signs, they are hunks of metal that was molded in a shape that people love, or at least some of us do.

hotrod98

There are two types of car people.
Those who love the car for what it is and those who love the car for what it's worth...period.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

I agree 100%. I love the aero cars because of what they are. I could care less if their value tanks, and I'm left holding a Charger 500 that is only worth $5. Didn't buy it as an investment, don't consider it an investment. Don't care if I take a huge loss on the car over the next 35 years. One thing is for certain though, I do love these cars.

hotrod98

People think that I'm crazy for owning so many cars. I can't help it. These cars are like friends to me. I care about them and they depend on me.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI agree 100%. I love the aero cars because of what they are. I could care less if their value tanks, 

:yesnod:

QuoteThese cars are like friends to me. I care about them and they depend on me. 

:2thumbs:  ah, yep. my cars need me to survive . i was told by 2 differant shops that my rr wasn't worth saving . i saved it anyway. now it's a great car. Rene

pettybird

68k now

very cool that it's a vit c/white car.  damn cool the way it is, too, especially since there are pics in this livery from 30 years ago.

daytonalo

They are really just a hunk of metal , nothing more , nothing less !!!!

mtr

hemi68charger

Ah Oh...........  I guess I'm bad news since I found that v-code '70 Cuda for $1350 and sold it a month later in order to buy a v-code '70 Charger R/T just like the one I owned 20 years ago.. I've had Dana and the '68 for a very long time... So, I guess I fall into both categories?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

notabird

What is the plate on the drivers door? something about nascar. Brent

hemi68charger

Quote from: notabird on March 05, 2008, 08:53:46 AM

Probably some show plaque...
Looks to have a date on it..........
Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 05, 2008, 09:07:45 AM
Quote from: notabird on March 05, 2008, 08:53:46 AM

Probably some show plaque...
Looks to have a date on it..........
Troy

It's a "NASCAR Street Classics" plaque.   Winged Warriors adopted that name for a short period of time (about 1980) to accomodate the non-wing aero cars.   They reverted back to the original name when a ceast and desist letter from NASCAR arrived.    Too bad as it was a pretty good club name.   NASCAR was trademark protective, even back then.

pettybird

tsk tsk for no one knowing that, too  ;)

75.8k now

wingfan

The market is so down that I doubt flipping will bring big bucks like it used to.   This one may sell since it's a six pack.  I'd be lucky to break even if I were to sell my Superbird.   But that's ok, I'm not in it for the money.   All  my cars are money pits but what the hey, they're fun to drive, work on and keep running. 

BigBlockSam

i actually did flip a car. several yrs ago i bought a 70 r/t  project . very rust free and had matching everything , just not in the car. one of my friends went with me to see it , then pick it up. he luved the car but didn't have the cash for it. i had it for about 6 months. he started asking me to sell him the car . he found money somewhere . i said no for the next 3 months. finally i thought about it. it would be yrs  before i got to it. so i made a deal with him. i charged him $50 over what i paid for it and he took me out to dinner (in a non homo way) . i made him happy and it kinda made me happy too . at least i get to help him build it. he's done some work to it too . i get first dibs on it if he sells it again. Rene

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 05, 2008, 01:23:52 PM
i actually did flip a car. several yrs ago i bought a 70 r/t  project . very rust free and had matching everything , just not in the car. one of my friends went with me to see it , then pick it up. he luved the car but didn't have the cash for it. i had it for about 6 months. he started asking me to sell him the car . he found money somewhere . i said no for the next 3 months. finally i thought about it. it would be yrs  before i got to it. so i made a deal with him. i charged him $50 over what i paid for it and he took me out to dinner (in a non homo way) . i made him happy and it kinda made me happy too . at least i get to help him build it. he's done some work to it too . i get first dibs on it if he sells it again. Rene
wow i cant believe you ripped off your friend so bad like that . LOL

hemi68charger

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 05, 2008, 01:23:52 PM
...and he took me out to dinner (in a non homo way) ...

I would have NEVER thought about such a thing until you mentioned it......  :lol:
Troy

daytonalo

Hey Jughead ,after dinner did you watch Brokeback Mountain together ?????? :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

The70RT

If you are a car dealer and when you sell a car you should be getting more than what you paid for it.......so why can't the average joe do the same. You got the deal. You had to get it home and shelter it. You tag it. Your money is tied up for however long? You set a price. Some idiot pays what you want. SO WHAT? If I invested 80K I sure as hell would want some kind of return on it. 20K would be fair. When you get a loan they didn't loan you the money for free. They flip money.....I just hate those flippin loan company's!  :lol:  Oh yeah every store flips items or they wouldn't be in business. Yeah I am tired of the flipper thing if you can't tell. As a matter of fact I bought a car so cheap last weekend I will probably go and give them some more money when I pick it up. I got a 4000 dollar car for 150 because it needed a motor. I bought it sight unseen and it was way better than what I was told.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on March 05, 2008, 02:02:41 PM
If you are a car dealer and when you sell a car you should be getting more than what you paid for it.......so why can't the average joe do the same. You got the deal. You had to get it home and shelter it. You tag it. Your money is tied up for however long? You set a price. Some idiot pays what you want. SO WHAT? If I invested 80K I sure as hell would want some kind of return on it. 20K would be fair. When you get a loan they didn't loan you the money for free. They flip money.....I just hate those flippin loan company's!  :lol:  Oh yeah every store flips items or they wouldn't be in business. Yeah I am tired of the flipper thing if you can't tell. As a matter of fact I bought a car so cheap last weekend I will probably go and give them some more money when I pick it up. I got a 4000 dollar car for 150 because it needed a motor. I bought it sight unseen and it was way better than what I was told.
lets see pictures Mr. flipper ?

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on March 05, 2008, 02:17:51 PM

You mean you want to see a pic of a 98 Park Avenue?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on March 05, 2008, 07:04:04 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 05, 2008, 02:17:51 PM

You mean you want to see a pic of a 98 Park Avenue?
sure it makes the story more complete !