News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird V braces

Started by Zinc, March 04, 2008, 08:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zinc

I had the day off today, and drove over to my friends house to just check up on his Superbird clone he's building, he bought someones old janak kit, that was missing some parts, well he has the wing and wing plates mounted, and needs the v braces, I know some of the vendors remake these, but are daytona and superbird the same or are they different, my friend isn't sure, but says the cars do share some of thesame parts and maybe the v braces are thesame, but nobodys website says so? anybody?

daytonalo

I pretty sure there is a difference between Daytona and Superbird wing braces . I'm just finishing up 20 sets of Daytona wing braces that will be powdercoated  semi-gloss black and have correct mounting Hardware .When I say correct , not Hardware store crap , black oxide bolts with 3/8 -11/16 heads black oxide nuts . I have not decided on pricing.

BigBlockSam

hi
the trunk v brackets are the same but the lower mounting bracket is welded to the trunk floor instead of bolting it. plus you have to cut off the bottom of the bracket then weld it to the floor. Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

The tops of the braces are different as well. The studs on the bird wing have a different spacing. Seems like there were washers welded to the top where they met the wing washer.
I had a pic of both sets showing the difference but can't find it now.
Here's a pic of the bottom with mount welded to the floor.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

I still have a few sets of daytona braces around here.
My plan was to just alter a daytona set for my wife's bird project if I don't sell it first.
That would be a lot cheaper than building a batch of the bird braces.
I almost ordered another batch of the parts to build more sets today. I drove right past the fab shop and then decided to wait until I got more orders.

Charles Addams

Redbird

There are several sources making the braces in metal. My mind says that metal braces would be better than fiberglass repos, especially if the bottom bracket is welded to the trunk floor as the factory Superbird did. I'd also think about metal panels under the fenders rather than fiberglass. Dayclona, Jack McGaughey, Daytanalo, and HotRod98 and maybe Erik Nelson all seem to have them in metal. My guess is that some fabricators can build a more accurate reproduction set than others. Who ever you buy from, the price isn't that high. I'd look for the most accurate set.

Wingnut426

Funny thing, the part #s in the parts book are the same for "tonas and "birds.
HEMI Daytona Convertible

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

That's too much for repops.
Those braces have been listed on e-bay for over a year. Either he has a bunch of them or he can't sell that one set.
For what it's worth, the daytona braces that I sell were copied from bigblocksam's originals. They're identical.
DC.Com members get them for $90 a set plus shipping.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteThose braces have been listed on e-bay for over a year. Either he has a bunch of them or he can't sell that one set.

that's showcars out of Canada . he sells all  the daytona parts
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Zinc

Thanks for the imformation guys, my friend Jeff, said he talked to Jake Mcgauey, at wingcarsfab, it's something like that, he said the braces are different, and Dayclona ony has daytona braces listed, so I think that the story behind these,and showcars looks like hes selling the same pcs for 2 different cars?

hotrod98

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Quotehe said the braces are different 

yea the bottom is differant. didn't we say that  :shruggy: