News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr Angry's Daytona

Started by Zinc, March 05, 2008, 08:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

I could PM you but I'm sure other members' may want to know.

Will any of the other cars be runnin' cover for you out front like the veteran BRers' do?  I imagine you learned quite a bit doing the actual BR and are utilizing some of it this time.  :scratchchin:
I wonder how high speeds affect the nose at night when the light buckets are in the raised position.  I don't think the engineers' planned on that.  Of course any kind of speed at night would be a no no I would think.  :shruggy:

Way cool you're most likely runnin' one of the few old sleds again.

Brock Samson

i think it's crying out for a mod top...  :shruggy:

Tilar

Actually, Don't you have to stick pretty close to the speed limit during the rally?

Speed would come in handy to catch up incase of a breakdown or a roadblock or something, but I seem to remember someone getting booted or at least a butt chewing for going over the speed limit last time.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Tilar

I just noticed the lights in front of the nose cone.  :scratchchin:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Troy

Quote from: Tilar on June 17, 2008, 04:46:23 AM
Actually, Don't you have to stick pretty close to the speed limit during the rally?

Speed would come in handy to catch up incase of a breakdown or a roadblock or something, but I seem to remember someone getting booted or at least a butt chewing for going over the speed limit last time.
This is not the show - it's the real race. Sticking to the speed limit is purely optional.

I like it - but it's certainly not the most useful thing for avoiding attention. :D I'm thinking that the most practical car for a rally would be a minivan with a giant fuel tank in back and a mom with three screaming babies in car seats. No one will impede that thing and you'd never have to stop for gas.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

NYCMille

QuoteI'm thinking that the most practical car for a rally would be a minivan with a giant fuel tank in back and a mom with three screaming babies in car seats. No one will impede that thing and you'd never have to stop for gas.

You have no idea how right you are!

TUFCAT

Quote from: Tilar on June 17, 2008, 04:52:52 AM
I just noticed the lights in front of the nose cone.  :scratchchin:

They're called turn signals.

RD

man... this is what living vicariously is defined as (being a hubby/dad of two/ and no fricken life).  thanks so much for allowing us to share this adventure with you.  OH, AND I WANT THAT MR. ANGRY BALLCAP! when will the store be up an running... i imagine you need help paying for gas hehehehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

PocketThunder

Mike, any small dodgecharger.com sticker in the corner of the side window or anything?  Or is that not allowed by some law?   :shruggy:

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

C_stripes

I know I allready said it. But WOW! Good luck and be safe
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

gordo1968charger

does it have a gear vendors? i know you are a big fan of them
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

SchaefMan

I gotta say that Angrier is absolutely the s#!T... I love the flat black because it reminds me of the SR71 Blackbird...which fits, because that thing looks so stealthy, if it weren't for the fact that we know what's under the hood, you'd almost think it could roll through town at night, and you wouldn't know it... but we know that won't be the case.

I also appreciate that, with all the mods, the original dash is still there. Well, at least the frame... Obviously the guages are update. It's just a cool touch. I know the seats have to be different, because of what they are needed for, but the rest of the inside looks pretty much restored original. I love it.

I checked out MRANGRYINC too, and the site is smokin'.

Keep it up. You obviously have the passion for the vehicles, and I am glad that someone out there is willing to drive them the way they were born to be driven....

The SchaefMan
No matter where you go, there you are.... B. Banzai

Blown70

:2thumbs: GREAT JOB, mike,  looks angry as ever......GOOD LUCK!!

Tom

Rolling_Thunder

My friend's father has an alot of cars...       an R8, a DBS, F430 ect       but I know he would give alot of them up for that Daytona   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

NYCMille

We're actually getting a new set of wheels made that will hopefully be done soon - similar look, different style but something that should really make the car look more aggressive. Plus we're in the process of modifying a few "other" things as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

triple_green

Hey Angry,

Is that paint the radar diffusing paint like they use on the F-22. B-2 etc? Have you taken any other Radar countermeasures? or is that even an issue?

I cohabitate a floor (here at work) with some F-22 designers.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

NYCMille

LOL!... it could be... as for Radar Countermeasures, believe it or not we actually do have a few installed on this baby, but that's classified. Remember, this was built as a long distance, high speed rally car so measures have been taken to ensure clean, law enforcement free cruising.  :D

Where are you located? How cool would it be to get this car photographed sitting next to some F-22s... hell, I'll even drive it there.  :2thumbs:

triple_green

Boeing Phantom Works....Seattle, WA....Just a little drive from NY.... ;).  Looks like you are having lots of fun!!

There is a special paint for radar defusion....but i probably is "hecka expensive" and might even be proprietary/classified....

Great job...we are cheering you on!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

mikepmcs

Mike, you wouldn't have to drive that far to see an F-22. I believe that Langley Va might have a few :D

I'm sure Florida will house a few as well.
As far as the Radio Detection and Ranging(RADAR) question I could go on with this one for days(it's what i did for many years in the Navy).  Your car is pretty clean, but that rear stripe will throw a signal back to a transmitting device in a second :coolgleamA:

I think a chaff dispenser is your best bet for countermeasure purposes. :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs: :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYUaOTC36OE

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NYCMille

WOAH!!! Dude, that thing is hairy!

Just curious but why would the stripe throw a signal back? Would the matte paint not be detected as much?

mikepmcs

I guess I was just kind of saying, the majority of "Angrier" is closely resembling "IRON BALL PAINT" which would be used to absorb or disguise the car and have a greater chance of absorbancy at a given frequency.
The rear stripe however is of a different composition(paint,material,vinyl, etc...) and it might be a little easier for a transmitter/receiver/antenna to target and amplify the signal to a strength that would, in turn, ruin your driving fun.  :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?