News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After undercoating is removed

Started by 71mopar383, February 16, 2008, 10:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71mopar383

After I spend the hours of removing all the undercoating...Should I paint it with a chassis/underhood black like from Eastwood or single stage the same color as the body(if I can ever decide what color I want).  Either way after all the heating and scraping do I need to prime it in epoxy primer? :brickwall:

Shakey

If it were me, I'd prime it and paint it the same colour as the car.

charger2fast4u

i would paint it the body color like shakey said or use POR 15 on it like i'm doing because it's cheaper

Finn

What about using spray-on bed liner? Not the prettiest thing but something different.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

charger2fast4u

that would work not a bad idea as it should last and shouldn't have to worry about it rusting/chiping paint. also provides alittle more sound deadening i would think  i heard of people rhino linning the interior floor also.

BLAM

I would prime and paint it body color.  You can add flex agent to the paint for the underside of the car and it will make the paint bullet proof while looking great on the car!
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

runningman

I sprayed mine with Picklex and then painted with Zero-Rust.  I am going to end up spraying the underside with Lizard skin at some point as well.  Should last forever............well pretty much.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

runningman

It's a ceramic based sound deadener.  It can be used as an under coating and can be painted over if desired.

Charger-Bodie

clean it up and paint it body color, if you decide you want undercoating later go ahead and undercoat it.

This way its protected extremely well.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............