News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73/74 charger new front valance available

Started by rudyjrusa, March 08, 2008, 09:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

hi - jimsautuparts.com has new front valances for a 1973 or 1974 dodge charger.  he wants $249 for it.  not sure what shipping cost will be.  not sure were they were made.  i just hope they start to make the rear valances with exhaust cutouts soon!

LeeBoy

AMD is making them, their scheduled for release in the first quarter of this year. They have them for $239.95 http://www.autometaldirect.com/listing.php?listingid=87&pageid=117
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Charger74

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  YEAH!!!! Someone is starting to make things for us 3rd Gens...... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: to AMD

rudyjrusa

Quote from: LeeBoy on March 09, 2008, 01:01:28 AM
AMD is making them, their scheduled for release in the first quarter of this year. They have them for $239.95 http://www.autometaldirect.com/listing.php?listingid=87&pageid=117

i called them up and seems like they are making the rear valances also - even the one with dual exhaust cutouts - should be available by late April '08

hemihead

Quote from: rudyjrusa on March 11, 2008, 07:30:02 AM
Quote from: LeeBoy on March 09, 2008, 01:01:28 AM

i called them up and seems like they are making the rear valances also - even the one with dual exhaust cutouts - should be available by late April '08
The Cut Out Valance is a Godsend . About time someone repops them . Now just as long as they don't want my first born male child for them ...
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

twilt

Interesting.....I am surprised that they would re-make the front valance. Unlike the rear valances with cut-outs, the front valances really are not hard to find or particularly expensive.
While its great to see someone making parts for our cars......I hope they can sell them.   

Goldfinger71

Off subject slightly but...Good to here from ya Twilt! :2thumbs:   Where ya' been :icon_smile_question:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Charger74

Quote from: twilt on March 12, 2008, 08:46:09 PM
Interesting.....I am surprised that they would re-make the front valance. Unlike the rear valances with cut-outs, the front valances really are not hard to find or particularly expensive.
While its great to see someone making parts for our cars......I hope they can sell them.   

But the problem is finding one that isn't trashed.  I know a decent bodyman can repair most of it, but why bother fixing one that is trashed when you can buy one that doesn't need to be fixed.

hemihead

I agree with Twilt on this one . Should have invested their time and energy on bringing out a needed item like rear floors . Looks like the restoration hobby has become more replacing things with new than restoring . I've seen guys cut off 1/4 's just to fix a few pinholes in the lower section . :shruggy:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

rudyjrusa

Quote from: hemihead on March 13, 2008, 03:51:41 PM
I agree with Twilt on this one . Should have invested their time and energy on bringing out a needed item like rear floors . Looks like the restoration hobby has become more replacing things with new than restoring . I've seen guys cut off 1/4 's just to fix a few pinholes in the lower section . :shruggy:

i think AMD is making the rear floors for 73/74 chargers.

Charger1973

They are hard to find in good shape...  but they never bring a ton of money either.  Either way, im glad there are more parts finally being made.  That cutout rear valance will be sweet.  What I really want for my car is a new set of fenders and a trunk lid. 

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 14, 2008, 02:07:42 PM
They are hard to find in good shape...  but they never bring a ton of money either.  Either way, im glad there are more parts finally being made.  That cutout rear valance will be sweet.  What I really want for my car is a new set of fenders and a trunk lid. 

i did not ask them about the hood and trunk lid for a 73/74 charger.  maybe i should give them a call and see if they have any plans of making them.