News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stereos in your garage, any other Audiophile's here besides me?

Started by cudaken, October 09, 2005, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisII

well i guess i have a variation on this sickness....im a PA audiophile, it crosses over into my home system tho. it stays in the living room beacuase my gf would shoot me if i took it outside to the shop (i luv her :)) currently im very under powered but trying to figure out how to hook up another 2000 watts. my tuner / amp  is a sony str- d715. 7 chanel dolby pro logic. its around 10 years old an still rocks as well as it did new.main speakers are currently peavey SP-4TI . 2 x15s and a large horn. they arent the most efficent pair of speakers ive had (actually they draw alot). these will be replaced for the winter with my good mains , EV SX500s . these are single 15 with a horn and hands down the nicest sounding speakers i have ever heard. the best price i can find new on these things is $780 each and worth every penny! my "surround" speakers are old OLD sansui sp5500X. I actually got these in a deal for a 360 i sold (i basicly got them free)and i love them, they are very clean and the 15s thump! (so yes folks i currently have 7 15s playing in my living room)
  I my partner in crime and myself own our pro sound system together (each owning different parts that complement each others) it consists of 6 sonic singel 18 cabs (4scoops , 2 folded horns) each cab is 48 high 24 wide and 36 deep. and 4 of the above listed EV SX500s.currently powered at 4000 total watts (way under powered). i wont even go into the effects and mixing board here

Yes Ken it is a disease    :)

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Telvis

I have an old console stereo in my garage. We had it in our living room when I was a kid. I was listening to it when they anounced Elvis died. It's one of those things that sticks in your brain. I am not a big music person but it has a nice tone to it. I think all the high tech stereo equipment you guys have would be wasted on my tin ear. I listen to more talk radio than music.

cudaken

Telvis, not a big Elvis fan, but could sing. Saw his second to last concert, think it was 1975 or so.

When I block a Charger, I just wet them down, stick the paper on and crank the stereo, vibrations do the rest. ;) If I am in a hurry, I play some AC/DC. ;D

By the way, you have E-mail as well.

Ken
I am back

8WHEELER

Love my 4 speaker system in my garage all Sony except the speakers 8ft up on the wall near each corner.
The neighbors probably don't like it sometime's but they have not complained yet  :musik010: rock and roll.
Does not look like much but I made the cabinet myself with 3/4 Particleboard, heavy as hell.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

cudaken

8WHEELER, what is in the cabinet?

My neighbors dont know what the heck to with my taste my taste music. About 40 % jazz, just because it sound good, 25% classical 25 % rock and rest what ever sound's good.

One of the neighbors called the cops this last 4th of July. Showed up just in time for the National Anthem, what could they do but salute and tell me to turn it down a little. Alos the same woman that does not like open headers. ;D

Doing some AC / DC and God, it is 12:16 AM. Wife will be pissed as well, like that is new. ;)

Time to crash, well maybe 1 more track. :devil: 

Audiophile Ken
I am back