News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

did any chargers come with pistol grips?

Started by Pistolpete, October 09, 2005, 08:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tecmopar

Pistol, what you need to do is load up the area where the handle slips in with some Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster on both sides pushing the handle hard from side to side and fore and aft to make sure it gets down in there. Next, if I'm looking at the right picture I can see that you have a round stock console shifter handle so you want to gently tap it down with a hammer to make sure the clip isn't locked into the wedge area that you can't see. Then you take a .012 or .014 feeler gauge, nothing larger, draw a line on it about 1" from the end and slip it in between the handle and the clip on the DRIVERS SIDE about 1/2", keeping it centered. NOW, push and hold the handle HARD towards the pass. side to make room and at the same time slide and wiggle the feeler gauge down about another 1/2" and it should release the clip. When it goes in to the mark you may have to gently tap the handle up with a hammer and it should slide out. Good luck.