News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear defroster

Started by 69 rt, October 09, 2005, 09:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69fuchs

68-70 am-8 track cars had a 3 speaker dash, and 2 in the back.

Nacho-RT74

ok that's new to me LOL... well I was thinking only on 3rd gens as usuall... sorry...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Quote from: twilt on October 13, 2005, 06:30:43 PM
e body guys will pay top dollar for them.

Twilt, E-body guys will pay top dollar for ANYTHING!   ;D

Spartan

I was looking at the pictures here and it looks like the defroster has a little extra paint on it.....  I removed the mounting plate and found bare metal and some rust so it looks like the numbskull who did this just painted everything assembled, I am guessing the whole trunk was done that way...  I see one picture here has a wire going to a screw and another pic that shows one going out of the motor to some type of plug block mounted to the base of the blower.  Is it different for different years?  I am waiting for my switch to come in today to finish it up.  For those of you who have added this to a non stock car, do you have any dimensions to locate the hole on the dash?  I will have to do some clean up work on this thing.... Where does the power come from? My wiring harness does not have a power line to the fuse box so I am guessing it is coming from the switch.  Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Looks like I have more work then I planned but what else is new....Thanks,

Brian
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Spartan

I am glad I took the darn thing apart today.  The black paint was a cover-up job.  The blower fan was rusty where paint did not hit it.  Inside the housing was chuck full of dirt and crap.... I cannot get the allen screw loose to take the fan off, I messed up my allen wrench in the process.  But the good news is, I did try the blower w/ a 9v battery and the motor does work.  I wish they wouldn't repain something like that...I would take the rust to sand blast it off instead of having to go thru the paint everywhere it isn't supposed to be just to get back to the same point...
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Maybe thats the meaning of "polishing a turd" ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Spartan

lol, ya.  Right up there with putting perfume on a pig, its still a pig! lol.  God I love old car parts!  Makes me appreciate the parts on my car, they aren't so bad after all :)

Spartan

If anyone has ever taken the fan off the motor, that is an allen head screw in there right?  I am having a bitch of a time trying to get it off.  I wrecked on allen wrench already.  Tried leaving it in lossening oil overnight and it is still on there tight.  I am afraid to sand blast it until I get the damn thing off.