News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yea,I put 15x10 wheels on my 71 R/T! (What do you think?)

Started by Goldfinger71, March 14, 2008, 11:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Hey gang,
I know that alot of you all out there tend to shy away from the 15x10 wheel size becuase they are too wide for a number of Mopars out there.

Well,im going for the old'skool look and decided to go with 15x10 wheels mounted on 275 60 15 tires.Most people don't go with that tire size on a 10 in wheel,but I must say I like it.It also does not bulge out that much and there is NO clearance issues.
Tell me what you all think? :icon_smile_cool:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

chgr500

Looks real sweet.... :drool5: ...you going to need a hole in your hood for that aircleaner?

Ghoste

They don't bulge out as far as I would have thought without seeing the pics.

mikesbbody

looks great! i prefer the 275/60/15 over the 295/50/15 this is the first time i have heard of someone using a "10" wide rim on a 275/60/15.
Im sure you could go 295/65/15 on the "10" if you wanted too. 

Goldfinger71

Thanks guys! :coolgleamA:

The Edlebrock RPM manifold that is on the engine does not really affect 3rd gen Chargers with bulge hoods in regards to clearance.

I do not like 50 series tires becuase in my opinion the tire height is very short,but I do like the width of them! :yesnod:

Mike I didn't know there was a taller 60 series tire,I was told the 275 60 15 was about it!Oh well.I have always like the tire size I got becuase I have used them before and have been the tire size of choice for alot of car owners over the years.

mikesbbody

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on March 15, 2008, 09:19:14 AM
Thanks guys! :coolgleamA:

The Edlebrock RPM manifold that is on the engine does not really affect 3rd gen Chargers with bulge hoods in regards to clearance.

I do not like 50 series tires becuase in my opinion the tire height is very short,but I do like the width of them! :yesnod:

Mike I didn't know there was a taller 60 series tire,I was told the 275 60 15 was about it!Oh well.I have always like the tire size I got becuase I have used them before and have been the tire size of choice for alot of car owners over the years.
:iagree: i dont like the 50 series tires because of the height i like the width, I just dont think its sits right  :Twocents: as far as 295/65/15 goes i didnt know about them iether (there was a recent thread about them) i dont know who makes them i dont think it was mentioned? but nothing wrong with 275/60's  :2thumbs:

4aThrill

Goldfinger what are the front tires are they the same? whats the back spacing? 

Musicman

Works for me lad  :2thumbs: Looks good.

I have the 15X10 on mine as well, but I have the 295/50 BFG T/A mounted on mine...

Mike

73chgrSE

I like the look of 50's too. 60's were faster though and filled up the wheel well but rubbed too much on the bumps.

Goldfinger71

Thanks everyone for their remarks!

To answer another question,I bought my 2 15x10 NOS wheels from a fellow Ebayer that were still in their factory sealed boxes along with the instructions and the Gold center caps in their boxes.I already had bought the front NOS wheel from another Ebayer about 6 months or so before I found the 15x10's.
I bought the front one and said I will be patient and find the other wheels to go along with the 1 I had and sure enough now I only need one more for the passenger's side! :coolgleamA:
I have even bought 2 NOS Gold caps from anpother Ebayer just a few weeks ago to have as spares. :P

I went with 15x6 wheels on the front with 215 70 15 tires.I don't recall the backspacing on the fronts.

I don't think the tires are going to rub,I have alot of room still as you can see in the first picture.I don't beleive the 275 60 15 are sitting as tall as the would have on a 8 or 8.5 wheel.The tires I think are compensating a little on the height to compensate for the width. :icon_smile_cool:

69 rt

Looks real nice, can you take a shot from the rear?

69 rt

4aThrill

Charger1973

I have never liked cragars for some reason, but those gold centered ones on your car are going to kick total ass.

uud looz

Goldfinger71

chgr500

Quote from: uud looz on March 17, 2008, 09:01:24 PM
Ya gotta love those 10 inch Cragars

that looks FN sweet..what size are your front rims and tires?

uud looz

front are 15x8 with 245/60R15 rears are 15x10 295/50R15

chgr500

Quote from: uud looz on March 18, 2008, 11:07:21 AM

no rubbing issues on the front...I'm using 15+8 steel wheels all around....I've now got 295 / 50 for the rear and trying to decide on a compatible front tire..I have BFG 215 / 60 15 on the front and it looks silly...the sidewall almost stand straight up...i tried my old 255 /  60's off the rear and they looked pretty big up front ....I was thinking of a 235/60 for the front?
Thanks for any input

Musicman

uud looz

andy74

Quote from: uud looz on March 18, 2008, 11:07:21 AM
goldfinger,these are the same size as mine,you saw how they look! ill post a new pic soon,looking really good with the gold centers!

Goldfinger71

What up Andy!
Your tire and wheel size are the same as Uud looz,I went with 2556015 in the back. :coolgleamA:

andy74

hey man, how ya been?  i always like the look of FAT rubber on the back of a third gen,as long as it has the ass to back it up!