News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So can you get a 275/60/15 tire and wheel in the trunk?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 16, 2008, 11:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 17, 2008, 05:16:16 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 17, 2008, 09:24:52 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 16, 2008, 11:16:34 PM
So, can you get a 275/60/15 on an 8 inch rim into the trunk of a C500/Daytona ? I mean past the taillight cover and into position and wing-nutted down on the spare tire mount?  :shruggy:
if its just the spare  why do you need it to be that big ?  Hopefully you will never have to use it and if you do have to not for long .
I really don't want to leave a shiney, new magnum 500 along side the highway just 'cause she got a nail in her  ;)

Why don't you just put it in the passenger seat if need be?  Carry a tarp in the trunk if you're worried about getting the interior dirty.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

daytonalo

Install roof rack , I can see it now , one of one , Daytona roof rack sunroof  :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Why not shorten a factory luggage rack, mount it to the deck lid and then strap the tire to it...........  Just a thought........... And NO, I'm not going to try it on Dana......... 

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Daytona R/T SE

Why don't you just put it in the passenger seat if need be?  Carry a tarp in the trunk if you're worried about getting the interior dirty.

BRILLIANT! Then I could put the wife and anybody else riding with me in the trunk, or strap them across the hood like a dead dear!

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 19, 2008, 11:04:28 PM

BRILLIANT! Then I could put the wife and anybody else riding with me in the trunk, or strap them across the hood like a dead dear!
I like the dead deer idea ,  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

I've often wondered if you could use a luggage rack from an E body on the shortened deck lid of the 500's and Daytona's. I don't think it would fit though, might be too wide.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on March 20, 2008, 05:25:42 PM
I've often wondered if you could use a luggage rack from an E body on the shortened deck lid of the 500's and Daytona's. I don't think it would fit though, might be too wide.
wings and luggage racks  dont mix

pettybird

a 275/60 on a cop car rim fits in the trunk.  marty's currently holding one.

i bought a tire at PE at the charlotte WW meet and i'm not sure if there was an attendee who DIDN'T suggest that i crack open the wing and use it for a tire rack...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: pettybird on March 22, 2008, 05:04:33 PM

i bought a tire at PE at the charlotte WW meet and i'm not sure if there was an attendee who DIDN'T suggest that i crack open the wing and use it for a tire rack...

Thanks for the info...How about posting a bunch of pics of that Marty Robbins car with the 275's all the way around  :coolgleamA:

daytonalo

Fitz73Chrgr

Wow. ok...
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

daytonalo

moparstuart

i'm sure someone did seeing as you had a full  car and was still stuffing the big tire in it

Highbanked Hauler

275-60 on cop car wheels is definitely doable as that is what I used to have.  275-60 on a 10" wide stock car wheel  ain't happening. You might put one in that is flat but inflated, no way.Been there done that.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

daytonalo

WTF ???????????????????????????? :icon_smile_big:

pettybird

HA thanks Troy!  Pics to add to the collection!

Larry, Mike Svec built a '69 charger for his wife.  She wanted it pink, so he found a CLEAN NC body, and painted it pink everywhere.  Like, rotisserie everywhere.  About the time the paint was done, she lost interest in it...Mike was stuck with a pink charger.  One of his buddies showed him the 1:43 scale car of the Marty Robbins-driven Daytona.  Turns out Mike had a number of Daytona pieces collected over the years, and the idea was put into motion.  The car was truly in its element flanked by Glen Peters' 43 'bird and Dan Gaddis' Issac Daytona at meets.

OK Stewart JUST BECAUSE we abandoned our cooler in the hotel parking lot so that I could bring home the second NASCAR wheel, and tire, and fender section, and 40 lugnuts, and, and, and doesn't mean i bought too much in Charlotte   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on March 26, 2008, 11:20:53 AM
HA thanks Troy!  Pics to add to the collection!

Larry, Mike Svec built a '69 charger for his wife.  She wanted it pink, so he found a CLEAN NC body, and painted it pink everywhere.  Like, rotisserie everywhere.  About the time the paint was done, she lost interest in it...Mike was stuck with a pink charger.  One of his buddies showed him the 1:43 scale car of the Marty Robbins-driven Daytona.  Turns out Mike had a number of Daytona pieces collected over the years, and the idea was put into motion.  The car was truly in its element flanked by Glen Peters' 43 'bird and Dan Gaddis' Issac Daytona at meets.

OK Stewart JUST BECAUSE we abandoned our cooler in the hotel parking lot so that I could bring home the second NASCAR wheel, and tire, and fender section, and 40 lugnuts, and, and, and doesn't mean i bought too much in Charlotte   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
I would have done the same brother ! 

66chargerkid

moparstuart

Quote from: 66chargerkid on April 02, 2008, 02:49:24 PM
except leaving a cooler he woulda left a kid
  yes and your the biggest so guess you would get left , maybe doug would have taken you home with him ?

PocketThunder

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   i just saw this.   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on April 02, 2008, 03:04:30 PM
yes and your the biggest so guess you would get left , maybe doug would have taken you home with him ?

and leave my tire and wheels there?  YEAH RIGHT.

besides, then he'd be bugging US to drive OUR cars instead of bugging YOU to drive YOURS.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on April 02, 2008, 09:52:30 PM

besides, then he'd be bugging US to drive OUR cars instead of bugging YOU to drive YOURS.
yeah I know him driving your cars is a much better plan !

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on April 03, 2008, 10:17:54 AM
Quote from: pettybird on April 02, 2008, 09:52:30 PM

yeah I know him driving your cars is a much better plan ! **

**YMMV