News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Hemi Dodge

Started by Kevin68N71, March 30, 2008, 11:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin68N71

Ok, this has nothing to do with Chargers, so mods feel free to slap me around and remove this, but thought it might be of interest.

I had always "heard" of 4 door hemicars, or wagons, etc.  This is typically like a "GTO Wagon", you keep hearing about it, but when you do see one, it's some Tempest or something that someone threw hood scoops on and calls it a GTO. Whatever.

But I found this last year at the West Coast Spring Fling here, and I mentioned it in my other thread.  I found the pics so I thought I would post it for enjoyment and discussion about oddities.  Note the oddball placement of the 426 Hemi emblem.  The poor line workers probably had no idea what to do with it.

Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

superduperbee

Don Garlitz has a white one in his museum in Florida. If I recall, it was a special order FBI car.

69_500

I believe that there were a total of what 4 or 5 HEMI 4 door cars produced back in the 60's. A buddy of mine has one sitting in his barn. I have asked him about it several times, but he always says he will get around to fixing it up.

greenpigs

Mopar Action did a piece on the 4 door Hemis in the early 90's I think, I remember it was 4 or 5 built also including an export car to Canada.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

hemihead

Quote from: greenpigs on March 30, 2008, 01:36:26 PM
Mopar Action did a piece on the 4 door Hemis in the early 90's I think, I remember it was 4 or 5 built also including an export car to Canada.
Yep . This is pretty old news . Been hashed and rehashed .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Kevin68N71

It was interesting to see one in the flesh if you will.  The seats had plastic on them, it was really a nice car, if you could get past the red paint and interior color.

I wonder if a hemi ever made it into a wagon from the factory. (aside from 50s models of course)

Kevin68N71