News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust question, need help!

Started by 440charger68, March 25, 2008, 07:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440charger68

Is it the bend of the exhaust tubing that gives Flowmaster its sound, or is it just the mufflers? Im just saying this because i can just buy the mufflers, and bend the tube myself, or do you suggest to just buy the 3inch flowmaster exhaust kit instead?  Im just trying to ask if the flowmaster smooth bend makes any sound difference. :scratchchin:
life's a garden, dig it.

terrible one

Mufflers. Beware though, I've heard Flowmasters are quite famous for their irony.

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.

mikesbbody

the sound comes from the mufflers. what terrible one meant (i think) was despite the name, flowmasters dont flow all that well according to people who know their stuff here. Some like them, others cant stand them.

FLG

Flowmasters sound great, but there pretty restrictive. Ive heard nothing but great things about Dynomax UltroFlo's. There a straight through muffler so theres no restriction, and they dont resonate as much into the car as the flowmasters do. After a ride with the flowmasters your ears are ringing, sound great from behind though...I plan on switching to UltraFlo's, but heres what my 73 sounds like with Flowmaster 40's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I2d79EIefM

terrible one

These two got it. Sorry about that. . . yeah, they've had a reputation for not flowing too well compared to others. I'm going with the Ultraflows.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: FLG on March 26, 2008, 12:29:32 AM
Flowmasters sound great, but there pretty restrictive. Ive heard nothing but great things about Dynomax UltroFlo's. There a straight through muffler so theres no restriction, and they dont resonate as much into the car as the flowmasters do. After a ride with the flowmasters your ears are ringing, sound great from behind though...I plan on switching to UltraFlo's, but heres what my 73 sounds like with Flowmaster 40's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I2d79EIefM

Ahhh!!! My ears!!! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.