News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My lil' girl's first cleaning of Dana, my C500

Started by hemi68charger, March 25, 2008, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang,,
Had a proud Pappa moment Friday evening getting Dana ready for a Sat. Show... I was in the garage cleaning up Dana when Julie decided all on her own to take matters into her own hands without any prompting from me what-so-ever....... All she needed to do was see Daddy do and there you go... Of course, she had to glance every once and a while at her cartoons.  She's 22 months old   :icon_smile_big:

My Julie's 1st cleaning of Dana

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

i hope the garage floor was clean of any sand.. :o

My kids like to drive their hot wheel cars across the side of the Chargers.  I put a stop to that immediately.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 25, 2008, 08:02:05 AM
Hey gang,,
Had a proud Pappa moment Friday evening getting Dana ready for a Sat. Show... I was in the garage cleaning up Dana when Julie decided all on her own to take matters into her own hands without any prompting from me what-so-ever....... All she needed to do was see Daddy do and there you go... Of course, she had to glance every once and a while at her cartoons.  She's 22 months old   :icon_smile_big:

My Julie's 1st cleaning of Dana

Cheers,
Troy
thats awesome troy , I love enjoying my cars but it's much better enjoy my cars and my kids at the same time
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

Gee Troy, i just love it when you talk baby talk....  :eek2:   :smilielol:

hemigeno

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on March 25, 2008, 10:07:54 AM
That's awesome Troy  :2thumbs:

So how was the show?

The show was pretty cool........ Mom and Julie did some shopping and Jacob played all day at the playground in the park... So all and all, a very nice day... I'll post some pics later on..........

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

daytonalo

Show Daddy what 80 grit does on new paint !!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:Look Daddy I'm a big boy , I helped you do body work !!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on March 25, 2008, 11:18:33 AM
Show Daddy what 80 grit does on new paint !!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:Look Daddy I'm a big boy , I helped you do body work !!!

Now, why would she do that? And, as far as "new" paint goes, Dana was painted back in '85..........  Whew......
Troy

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

If I ever decide to Pro-create , my kid's won't be allowed within 100 yards of my shit !!!!!!

Hemidog

Always nice with a little help, no matter how little  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on March 25, 2008, 12:07:24 PM
If I ever decide to Pro-create , my kid's won't be allowed within 100 yards of my shit !!!!!!
Thats a scary thought. Please just dont pro-create.  We dont need any little cuppy's running around .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on March 25, 2008, 12:07:24 PM

That would be appropriate.............. Where's the toilet paper?  :nana:

Here she is on the day we brought her home from the hospital.............
Troy

71ChallengeHer

69_500

Was she brought home from the hospital in Dana? I don't remember Troy.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing little kids around these cars. Heck I remember very clearly sitting on the top of the fender of my dad's Daytona's and the HEMI 500. Whenever he was out there wrenching on the car, I was right there by his side. Watching and learning. Even doing some of the work on my own by the time I was 5 or 6. Simple stuff, nothing complicated, but still nothing wrong with letting a 6 year old take a wrench to an old car. Nothing can be done to it that can't be fixed.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 25, 2008, 03:31:01 PM
Was she brought home from the hospital in Dana? I don't remember Troy.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing little kids around these cars. Heck I remember very clearly sitting on the top of the fender of my dad's Daytona's and the HEMI 500. Whenever he was out there wrenching on the car, I was right there by his side. Watching and learning. Even doing some of the work on my own by the time I was 5 or 6. Simple stuff, nothing complicated, but still nothing wrong with letting a 6 year old take a wrench to an old car. Nothing can be done to it that can't be fixed.

Nope.. It was a warm day and I didn't want Kim to be too uncomfortable.... She had just had a baby you know.. :)

As soon as I got home, the garage door went up and I took her out of the truck and straight into Dana... So, even before she went into the house, she was in Dana.............  I too was around my Dad's Daytona albeit I don't remember too much about it other than the head-rests and wing for some strange reason....

As far as the kids being around the cars, it's up to the parents to "teach" them respect for the cars and them being something special to Daddy, and eventually, them.............

T
Troy

69_500

On a side note though, I do very clearly remember getting the spanking of a lifetime when my sister scratched the HEMI 500 with my bicycle and didn't admit it was her who did it. Oh man, I got it good for that one.

Kids and cars sometimes make accidents, however 99 times out of a 100 it makes a good memory instead. Love taking my boy for a ride. Love having him in the garage when I'm out there doing something on the car too.

RAC95054

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 25, 2008, 03:59:15 PM

As soon as I got home, the garage door went up and I took her out of the truck and straight into Dana... So, even before she went into the house, she was in Dana.............  I too was around my Dad's Daytona albeit I don't remember too much about it other than the head-rests and wing for some strange reason....

As far as the kids being around the cars, it's up to the parents to "teach" them respect for the cars and them being something special to Daddy, and eventually, them.............

T

Yes, very cute, Troy.  As usual, Dana is lookin' fine.  :drool5:

My 6 year old son has ridden in my GTX way more than my wife has.  He was even in it when we were going down the highway and the throttle stuck open.  That was fun... for about 5 seconds.  If you teach them that it's your favorite toy, and like their favorite toy, that we don't want to abuse/neglect them.  Seems to have worked on him.   ;)   -Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

TUFCAT

That is SO AWESOME!!   

Man, you really have it made.   :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Great video. I have videos of my kids going to the dragstrip with me when they were little. They loved helping pack the chute on our dragster. It's all in how you raise them.
Looks like you're on the right track.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Thats cool  :2thumbs: Kids enjoying mopars.First picture in Danny with his dads daytona.Ted J daughter and my superbird .And my girlfriends grandson in my friends daytona and funny car charger

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Alaskan_TA

Ghoste

Those are all great pics and Troy is right about teaching them respect for old cars (everything else too).  My girls don't have a lot of personal interest in the Charger but they do understand that  it's different from our other cars and they have respect for it's age and heritage and so forth.

Mopurr

How cute, when you let them enjoy them with you and learn to respect them it makes it so much more fun for both of you.

Looks like she is learning well.  After All she knows which kind is the best too.