News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission Parts Info

Started by 74ChargerDrummr, July 26, 2005, 07:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74ChargerDrummr

Hey everyone! I recently had my 74 worked on and was told that my "shift linkage and bushings were shot." Problem is that I have looked for replacements and haven't found anything with that name. Is it called something different? Where may I find these replacements? Thanks in advance!
"...try to run, try to hide, break on through to the other side..."

RD

its shift linkage bushings.  they are lil' plastic bushings that your shift linkage rod's slide into and are supported by.  any dodge dealership can get them for you because they used the same bushings on the trucks linkages for years.  i dont have the part number on me right now, but if you email me, i will get it for you.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

as per email:
RD:

Thanks for replying! Is the other part I need to replace called the “shift linkage,” or does it have another name? Where can I get these?   I appreciate the help!

“74ChargerDrummr”

my reply:

Scott,
  Yes those are the bushings.   As far as the shift linkage goes, there are many parts that make up that assembly.   What "exactly" did they say was wrong with it or damaged or whatnot?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

as per email:  (hey 74, start posting these in the forum, that is what its here for! hehe)
my reply:
the shift linkage rod itself maybe worn down so much that it will not longer completely fill the void inside of the bushing thus causing it to not put the shifter in the correct gear in relation to the selector level.

John_Kunkel

Part number for the bushings is 3575434, still available from the dealer.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

74ChargerDrummr

Thanks RD and John! I'm still looking for info on the "shift linkage." Is that what it's called, and if so, where can I get a replacement.

Ghoste

I tried to get linkage parts a couple of years ago and had no luck.   A creative machinist may be able to help you but unless he's a friend, it might not be cheap.

74ChargerDrummr

Thanks Ghoste! Do you have an idea of any place that I may get something similar?

Ghoste

Swap meets or one of the NOS part dealers?