News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone ever dealt with MOPAINTS before?

Started by rbinko2001, October 11, 2005, 11:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbinko2001

I have a slight problem. In the middle of August, i sent mopaints a money order for over $100 for a 5 cans of their interior paint. Debbie, the lady that I talked to, said that it should take 2-3 weeks before I get the paint. I figured, at most, no longer than a month. Well, about 3 weeks went by and I called them. They called me back and said they havent gotten the paint from the factory yet. That was about 3 weeks ago. Since then, I have contacted them 4 times asking about the status of my order. They have yet to call me back. I feel like I'm being taken. Anyways, I just want to know if anyone else here has dealt with, or know anyone who has dealt with them before? Does it usually take almost 2 months to get an order from them and why can't they call me back? I need that paint. I don't want to have to cancel my money order, but if I dont hear anything from them shortly, I might have to. Any info would be appreciated.

DFS68_Charger

I've had good experience with them. I sent them my perfect 68 glovebox door for color match, along with a couple of other samples.
Took me awhile to get the paint but was well worth it. A couple of times that I called I did'nt get ahold of anybody and left a message and they returned my call. Got the glovebox door back unharmed.

DFS

694spdRT

I have ordered several times from them without any problems. In my case the paint I needed was in stock and I recieved it very quickly. Debbie did mention that it was lucky mine was in stock as it was normally a special order that would take more time to get.

I don't think they are trying to scam you and I would keep trying to contact them as that was always the hard part about ordering. It seemed for me that afternoon was the best time to reach a "live" person.

Good luck. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

41husk

I have dealt with them a couple of times the first I got some bahame blue that matched perfect.  I ordered another can and it did not match the first I bought.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

AKcharger

I used MOPAINTs and I'd rate them as OK, but I will not use them any more. Your local paint shop and match the paint just as good at  ½ the price.

I got some Burnt Orange paint from them in 03 when I did my car and it was spot on.  Then earlier this year I ordered some MOPAINT to do my new rear deck pad and color was WAY off plus it was flat, not the semi-gloss like the 4 cans I used 2 years before (and matched the original finish). I figured it was a fluke and ordered another can same thing, bad match and flat. I called and talked to the gentlemen about it and he was perplexed and said he'd send me another can, I never got it. I recently call them again to get their e-mail address and send side by side pictures (see below) of the difference in paint just for feedback to help them I never got a reply.

In the mean time I had my local paint shop match some SEM bright blue interior paint for my 72 head rests and it was perfect! Im going with paint shop from now on 2 day turn time, excellent product and at least  ½ the price of the spray can. It was $36 for a pint and I could have done every door panel and piece of trim with it, oh, you will need a spray gun.

AK

bull

I'm not trying to defend them because I know nothing about them but it sounds as if their supplier is dropping the ball and they don't know what to tell you. Your best bet at this point is to just ask for your money back. Looks like it's out of their hands.

rbinko2001

i talked to the owner yesterday. i finally got a hold of him. he said the reason it is taking so long is because he had to send a shipment of the paint that i ordered back. he said the color was off and it didnt meet his specs so he rejected it. he said he's going to the factory in a few weeks to check the color before they ship it to him to verify it is ok.

BB1

Delete my profile