News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pic request...69 Black Charger with black Daytona wing.

Started by hotrod98, April 04, 2008, 02:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

With all of the customer work that I have now, there's no way to build my daytona or superbird clone at this time. I'm seriously thinking about finishing the paint on my triple black car and throwing the interior back in it so that I can drive it this summer. The car is a running, driving car now even though it doesn't look like it. I would like to just leave the wing on it and then later on install the rest of the daytona stuff. Meanwhile, I could assemble the nose off of the car and get the headlamps working as I find the time.
I've seen a couple of pics of black 69's with wings, but didn't save them. From what I remember, they looked allright as long as the wing was painted to match.
I've driven my 71 Cuda and 69 Runner for the last eight summers and I want something different, preferably something with a big wing. ;D
Any pics out there?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

This is a a member of my club's car

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEM CUPCAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE SHIT TO DRIVE !!!

ds440

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on April 04, 2008, 05:58:27 PM
WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEM CUPCAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE SHIT TO DRIVE !!!

If you want the 72 Runner, come and get it. Rene has dibs on the 69 superbee.

I almost bought another 69 Runner yesterday. My wife pointed out that I had a much nicer car sitting at home that I had paid much less for.
That's how this whole Charger project got jump-started. I've become one of those guys that I used to talk about. The kind of car guy that keeps buying cars and never finishes a project.
I wasn't that way a few years ago. I guess there's too many temptations. Seems like someone's telling me about another musclecar for sale almost daily lately. Must be the economy.

Oh and cupcake, what's the holdup on your winger?  :eyes:

Thanks for the pics guys. I still haven't seen the exact pic though. Black car, black wing, no vinyl top and magnum 500 wheels. Is that being too picky?

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 04, 2008, 09:37:05 PM
Quote  Rene has dibs on the 69 superbee

:yesnod: Yep

If you pass on it, my Dad wants a 69 bee....   :yesnod:   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Howie

Cupcake, you may have ca ca to drive but you got a boat! :Twocents:

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 04, 2008, 09:37:05 PM
Quote  Rene has dibs on the 69 superbee

:yesnod: Yep

Rene, I think the rain has stopped long enough to get a few pics of the bee this weekend, I hope.
Here's a pic that I took a couple of years ago when I had it out for a drive. It's a 383 auto on the column, bench seat, b5 blue exterior and interior. Starts and runs great, shifts out nice and drives like a dream. Almost no rust other than a few bubbles on one quarter down low. I need more room in the front shop so I'm selling the 79 Trans Am and the 69 bee. Besides, I can't insure all of these cars all of the time. Right now I have my 69 runner, 71 Cuda and my wife's 73 Cuda insured so that's the only three that we drive. I'll probably switch the insurance from the runner to the charger as soon as it's ready. My brother's getting the 69 runner this summer anyway. I'm letting him have it instead of the bee.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Quote  If you pass on it, my Dad wants a 69 bee....       

:drool5:  my wife said i can get it if i can raise the money and find some were to park it.  :shruggy:

I WANT IT!  i just gotta find the money . i have a place to keep it now .  this is one of my dream cars. like the superbird . everytime i tried to buy a bird it was just a little out of my grasp . i would be so sad if i couldn't make this superbee mine  but i am gonna make it happen .
   the timing is terrible. one of my old friends just died . his wife had no money to bury him . so i paid for it . it's the least i can do . i miss him so .
  that eats up most of my cash . so for this bee i will have to sell some stuff but I'm gonna make it happen .  Larry, thanks for offering it to me
  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

ds440

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 05, 2008, 06:43:52 PM
Quote  If you pass on it, my Dad wants a 69 bee....       

:drool5:  my wife said i can get it if i can raise the money and find some were to park it.  :shruggy:

I WANT IT!  i just gotta find the money . i have a place to keep it now .  this is one of my dream cars. like the superbird . everytime i tried to buy a bird it was just a little out of my grasp . i would be so sad if i couldn't make this superbee mine  but i am gonna make it happen .
   the timing is terrible. one of my old friends just died . his wife had no money to bury him . so i paid for it . it's the least i can do . i miss him so .
  that eats up most of my cash . so for this bee i will have to sell some stuff but I'm gonna make it happen .  Larry, thanks for offering it to me
  Rene

Hey you're too late, i picked it up over the weekend......  :-\   :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Just kidding Rene  :icon_smile_big: .  This one is closer to me so i'll talk to this guy after my 68 sells and i have cash.  Which is soon hopefully, my dads birthday is comming up and i'd like to show up at the shop on his birthday with this car and surprise him.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39352.0.html   :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

i like that photoshop charger, real nice!

i lost sleep because of that bee. i already have a to do list about it .  :lol:

i was thinking that i couldn't afford any of my cars when i bought them . that kinda made them more speacial .   :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Quote from: ds440 on April 07, 2008, 08:00:16 AM
:cheers:

That is exactly what I was looking for. I already have a set of the Boyds so the decision as to which rims to use has been made.
I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
Now, would a thread about the resto belong in the Aero section since it has a wing or should it go on the regular board since it's not really a wing car?   I'm voting for the Aero section.

Thanks, DS. That is so cool.
Henry David Thoureau once said that "a true gift is a gift from the heart" . The pics that you create are true gifts and I think that they mean a lot to the guys that you create them for.
I know that they mean a lot to me.
Thanks again.  :2thumbs:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 07, 2008, 04:56:06 PM
Quote from: ds440 on April 07, 2008, 08:00:16 AM
:cheers:

That is exactly what I was looking for. I already have a set of the Boyds so the decision as to which rims to use has been made.
I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
Now, would a thread about the resto belong in the Aero section since it has a wing or should it go on the regular board since it's not really a wing car?   I'm voting for the Aero section.

Thanks, DS. That is so cool.
Henry David Thoureau once said that "a true gift is a gift from the heart" . The pics that you create are true gifts and I think that they mean a lot to the guys that you create them for.
I know that they mean a lot to me.
Thanks again.  :2thumbs:

yes aero car section, your building a nose for it too it's just a work in process  :Twocents:

BigBlockSam

Howie

I like it I like it! :drool5:. Now to roll it into the paint booth. Larry, don`t you have a set of those wheels on the wifes car? Take em off while she is parts chasing :2thumbs:.

hotrod98

Quote from: Howie on April 09, 2008, 09:41:34 AM
I like it I like it! :drool5:. Now to roll it into the paint booth. Larry, don`t you have a set of those wheels on the wifes car? Take em off while she is parts chasing :2thumbs:.

The Boyd's were originally bought for my 70 Chal convert, but I put them on my 71 Cuda instead and put the Hopsters on Sandra's Cuda. I then sold the convert with my rallyes on it. Last summer we traded wheels on the Cudas since we were taking her Cuda to Branson and wanted the nicer rims on it for the show. After the show she wouldn't let me have them back.  :brickwall:
Now, I've convinced her to let me put the Boyds on the Charger, the Hopsters back on her car and put a new set of rallyes on my Cuda. Case closed.  :2thumbs:

Charles Addams

Howie

hotrod98

Quote from: Howie on April 10, 2008, 05:17:14 AM
I love it when a plan comes together :cheers:

Howie, you have to be tired. You drove all of the way from Tulsa to here, then all of the way to Neosho, Mo and then back to Tulsa.
You must have gotten in just a little late. And then, up at 5:17 in the morning. You da man.

Charles Addams

ds440

Hint received. :cheers:

Good luck and keep us posted. :icon_smile_cool:

moparstuart

nice effect with the plate     love the stealth stripe

BigBlockSam

hotrod98

Thanks again DS. Very much appreciated. That's exactly what this car is going to look like in just a few more weeks.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

In case this thread seems confusing, it's because upon removing the back glass from my R/T, I had an epiphany. I decided right then and there to just go ahead and do the daytona conversion. I already had most of the parts needed anyway. Besides, the car can always be put back to original later on. I'll just place the original parts in the basement for safekeeping. I was going to paint it red with a black tail stripe, but kept thinking about this car being a real triple black car and changing the color didn't seem right somehow. It's going to be a little hot driving this car in the southern summer heat, but I'll just have to live with it.
I plan to eventually buy a real superbird, but this car will have to do for now.

Charles Addams