News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WARNING! Interior Questions - these are tough ones!

Started by SanDiego70RTSE, April 16, 2008, 05:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanDiego70RTSE

Hi,

If anyone can help me by answering these questions or at least some of them it would be greatly appreciated.

For the 1970 Charger

1. Is the chrome trim that goes on the sides of the center console the same for the automatic and 4-speed consoles?

2. Does anyone sell a new ash tray?

3. Does anyone sell a new map light?

4. Where can I get the wiring harness that connects the wiring harness in the console to underneath the dash? Do I have to make this or is there some place that sells it?

Thanks!

Mat

69chargerboy

Ewww, good questions. I don't know for sure, but I'll give it a shot. I know 68 to 69 better.... Any 70 Charger guys here???    :shruggy:

1. I'm 50% sure there different.

2. Not that I know of. May have to search eBay.

3. Same answer as #2.

4. My best guess would be Year One or Evans Wiring.

Well I tried! :shruggy: :icon_smile_big: :slap:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

694spdRT

Quote from: SanDiego70RTSE on April 16, 2008, 05:06:41 PM
Hi,

If anyone can help me by answering these questions or at least some of them it would be greatly appreciated.

For the 1970 Charger

1. Is the chrome trim that goes on the sides of the center console the same for the automatic and 4-speed consoles?

Thanks!

Mat

The trim is not the same on the driver side of the console. The 4 speed console trim was hard to find a few years ago but the last time I checked it was being reproduced.

The passenger side is the same on both.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

SanDiego70RTSE

Where can I get the drivers side console trim for an automatic?

Thanks,
Mat

Paul 500

They dont make the wiring your after, ive been looking for over a year & when it comes up on e-bay it goes for over $100
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Ghoste

I wonder if M&H know that because it seems to me that if there is enough of a demand for it to warrant that much money for 40 year old wiring there should be enough demand for them to reproduce that wiring harness along with all the other ones they do.  Fairly universal application through the Mopar lines of the era too.

gtx6970

. Is the chrome trim that goes on the sides of the center console the same for the automatic and 4-speed consoles? ----- Left side is different ( repro  4 spd version is avail ) - right side is the same

2. Does anyone sell a new ash tray?  - NO

3. Does anyone sell a new map light? , Yes, but Lens only

4. Where can I get the wiring harness that connects the wiring harness in the console to underneath the dash? Do I have to make this or is there some place that sells it?,----- I think someone is making it, but can't remember who right now, maybe PG classics ????????????????????

RJS

troy.70R/T

so then who sells the repo center console trim for a 4-speed (drivers side) ?

A34

I've got a few new 4spd harnesses. It's just the piece for the lights in the console. PM me if you need one.

I've talked to TOM at M&H several times. He will make any harnesses he doesn't have if you send a sample. He'll want a Chrysler part number with it. It's worth a phone call to ask.

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice