News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BB fuel pump help ?

Started by 69bananabeast, October 12, 2005, 06:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

That's good.  The Eddy AFB clones aren't a bad carb.  The Holley offers more versatility but the Carter style are a good street carb.  You'll know once you start trying the high speed passes if the secondaries need to be fattened.  I'll bet they do.

myk

Well my question is by how much should the secondaries be fattened?  In the "jetting the holley" thread it was generally agreed that 2 sizes larger than primary is what the secondaries should be at.  Does that apply to the 'eddy also? 

-Aarrgh!  I just tried to take out my secondary jets but they're stuck.  Now, they're deformed as the soft brass or whatever they're made out of was damaged by the screwdriver I was using on them.  Maybe this'll increase the flow rate?  Lol...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Chryco Psycho

Ghoste

You'll have to determine the secondary jets by tuning.  It uses the same jets front and rear but the primry is bigger in the Carter style because of the metering rod.  Remember, that in the AFB/AVS style, the primary jet and rod is also functioning as a power valve in a Holley so it is bigger than it would be in a Holley.  Then the rod is used to choke it down as needed.  Or at least, that's the theory.
As for screwing it up with the driver, I don't about increasing the flow but it should certainly do something to it.  :pity:

myk

I can't get the bloody things out.  The slot intended for the screwdriver is so deformed that the screwdriver can't secure itself into the jet anymore.  Ideas anyone?  I was thinking about drilling the jets out... :rotz:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Chryco Psycho