News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I heard a rumor today that this Daytona project can be bought for $50K

Started by Daytona R/T SE, April 17, 2008, 05:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

The one that was recently on E-bay that was bid to $35K and didn't sell:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110231171093#ebayphotohosting

The rumor is, The owner is not pleased that it didn't do better than $35 K so he's now willing to off it for $50K

At that price he's taking a loss on it.

Again this is a RUMOR, but I thought I'd throw it out there  :shruggy:

Happy Hunting....

Troy...?

Anybody  :shruggy:

hotrod98

Too many pieces missing. The entire original nose assembly, hood and fenders are gone. No motor and tranny. It's going to take a lot of time and money to bring this one back from the dead. I can see why it only went to 35k. I noticed that they have a lot of regular Charger parts mixed in with the daytona parts in the pics.
If a guy wanted a daytona real bad and did the resto himself, this car could be built with a total investment of around 95-105k including the 50k for the car and using correct repro parts.
If I built it, I would have to get 150k out of it just to make it worth my time.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Mmmmm  :drool5:  I would trade both my 68 and C500 for that car.  I have them both insured for $25k each..  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

hemi68charger

I've emailed the gent some time ago and never heard back from him.....................  I'm not looking to give up my hemi car or Dana for one in that shape..... I offered him the '68 some time ago for it before I got so close to paint-completion...

Thanks for the thought though...............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on April 17, 2008, 09:51:50 PM
Your 500 is only insured for 25k??

Yes, is that too low do you think?  I thought about raising it to $??? after my 68 sells and i start working on it.  There was a C500 on ebay awhile back that was a 4-speed car, maybe it was silver, anyways, it only went up to $22k and i thought that car was in better shape than my car.  So thats where i got $25k from.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

I don't know, I've never actually seen your car but it seems like the 500's have always managed to stay out of my grasp.  :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on April 17, 2008, 10:39:50 PM
I don't know, I've never actually seen your car but it seems like the 500's have always managed to stay out of my grasp.  :shruggy:

You can buy it for $50k and then i'll buy this Daytona..   :icon_smile_big:

Here is my thread on it for pics.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30500.0.html

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 17, 2008, 08:16:46 PM
Too many pieces missing. The entire original nose assembly, hood and fenders are gone. No motor and tranny. It's going to take a lot of time and money to bring this one back from the dead. I can see why it only went to 35k. I noticed that they have a lot of regular Charger parts mixed in with the daytona parts in the pics.
If a guy wanted a daytona real bad and did the resto himself, this car could be built with a total investment of around 95-105k including the 50k for the car and using correct repro parts.
If I built it, I would have to get 150k out of it just to make it worth my time.

:iagree:

And it would be nice if it came with a set of seats.   :smilielol:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 17, 2008, 10:08:28 PM
I've emailed the gent some time ago and never heard back from him.....................  I'm not looking to give up my hemi car or Dana for one in that shape..... I offered him the '68 some time ago for it before I got so close to paint-completion...

Thanks for the thought though...............

Troy

:2thumbs:

hotrod98

If I were to use everything from my triple black 69 R/T SE, the daytona parts that I've accumulated, plus a few other correct parts, I could build this car and not have a tremendous amount of money in it. But, then I would no longer have my R/T SE. I think I'll just stick to plan A.

Charles Addams

bzabodyn

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 17, 2008, 11:37:50 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on April 17, 2008, 08:16:46 PM

:iagree:

And it would be nice if it came with a set of seats.   :smilielol:

shoot - seats are the LEAST of your worries!!!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

69_500

I'd consider trading my 500 for it. I think my wife would throw an absolute fit, but I WANT A DAYTONA SO BAD.

hotrod98

My guess is that as soon as they did the math on what it was going to take to finish it, they decided to bail.  :Twocents:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69_500 on April 18, 2008, 07:21:45 PM
I'd consider trading my 500 for it. I think my wife would throw an absolute fit, but I WANT A DAYTONA SO BAD.

I think you ought to keep your 500, sell a kidney and get this Daytona...A red/white Daytona next to a red/white 500 in the garage would be very cool  :coolgleamA:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Yes it would. A red/white combo would make a good looking pair. And being that they are both AT console cars would be a pretty close match. Although at this time, can't do both. Not with paying for fertility treatments so that we can have another child, nor with paying to go through the adoption process currently. Trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, pretty much eats up savings rather quickly. I never imagined how expensive this stuff was.

hotrod98

Charles Addams

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

hotrod98

I've been through Jefferson City a few times on my way to the Columbia, Mo swap meet. Seems like a nice place to live...other than that cold weather. Couldn't live that far north.  ;D

If I didn't have so many projects right now, I would probably drive the three hours north to Ozark to look at the Daytona. Could spend the night at Branson and take in a show or two.
The more I think about it, the more I realize that there aren't going to be too many project Daytonas left.  :scratchchin:

Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Just for comparison, didn't this heap o' shit bring  something like $45K about a year or so ago?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Just for grins, I contacted my brother-in-law. He's a home builder in NW Arkansas, about an hour and a half from where this car is located. He may go up and look at it and have me restore it. I gave him the e-bay link. I would think about making the investment myself, but I really don't want to lay out that kind of cash with the economy the way that it is.
There are tons of mopar guys in NW AR. I can't believe that at least one of them didn't buy this car already.

Charles Addams