News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA '09 THREAD

Started by pettybird, April 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfan

Hey pettybird--nice cars  :cheers: :yesnod: :yesnod: the wheels are the same as the real nascar teams use--AERO wheels--Summit Racing has them--they're only about $50 a wheel. I notice you have the stock front fenders--stay with 15x8 for turning clearance. My front fenders are not stock--I run 15x10 all the way around with 275/60 tires.

hergfest

Its back on the road, been trying to get some miles on it to get the bugs worked out.  I think the inaugural cruise will be to Williams Lake, BC, Memorial Day weekend.  Its a nice 800 mile round trip cruise instead of the 2500 mile trip to Spring Fling, so in case something goes wrong I can get it back home easier.  Thinking I'm going to take my 70 Charger down to Spring Fling, but we'll see.

moparstuart

just made my reservations at the jameson , I got the last double non smoking room .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WingCharger

Quote from: pettybird on March 14, 2009, 11:25:50 AM
Quote from: dfan on March 13, 2009, 10:44:23 AM
Stuart here is a little know fact about going 170+ mph in a daytona--somewhere above 160 the passenger side wiper arm blew completely off and the rear tires started smoking due to the down force of the wing and the tires are 10 in. wide which does NOT clear the top of the inner rear fender. I pins through the wiper arms/shaft and air shocks on th axle.

Hey dfan what brand are your wheels, and where are your center caps from?  I want to update Marty...

What is that blue Daytona in the background? :scratchchin: :coolgleamA:

pettybird

Quote from: WingCharger on April 20, 2009, 04:28:43 PM
Quote from: pettybird on March 14, 2009, 11:25:50 AM
Quote from: dfan on March 13, 2009, 10:44:23 AM
Stuart here is a little know fact about going 170+ mph in a daytona--somewhere above 160 the passenger side wiper arm blew completely off and the rear tires started smoking due to the down force of the wing and the tires are 10 in. wide which does NOT clear the top of the inner rear fender. I pins through the wiper arms/shaft and air shocks on th axle.

Hey dfan what brand are your wheels, and where are your center caps from?  I want to update Marty...

What is that blue Daytona in the background? :scratchchin: :coolgleamA:

that's my friend's car--a true Q5/black 440 combo.  when he takes that out and we get the 'birds together he calls it our beater wing car show  :lol:

WingCharger

:coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: Cool car. :yesnod: Is it a 4spd? :2thumbs:

hergfest

Jameson Inn doesn't have any non-smoking double rooms left, I'm in at the Best Western.

moparnutty

I just got a non smoking two double bed at the Jamesson.

Aero426

Here is the official hotel information.   All of these are very close together.   Alex City is a pretty small town.

Jameson Inn,  4335 Highway 280 Alexander City, AL 35010   Call the hotel direct for reservations at 256-234-7099   
Rate is 79.99 for Wed & Thurs, 119.99 for Fri thru Sun.   Please mention Aero Warrior Reunion.   

Comfort Inn,  2945 Highway 280 Alexander City, AL  35010  Call  256-234-5900
Email is:  gm.al328@choicehotels.com   Rate is $99.95 Wednesday and Thursday,  $119.95 Friday  through Sun. 

Best Western Horseshoe Inn,   3146 Highway 280,  Alexander City, AL  35010    Phone (256) 234-6311.  Email: horseshoeinn@bellsouth.net       Wed & Thursday, 76.99 per night, or 69.29 with AAA, AARP or Military discount.  On Friday and Saturday, 129.00 basic rate, with 116.10 being the discount rate.   They have 50 rooms available.

If you have any questions, concerns or problems, please PM me.

440mop

Got a room at the Comfort, just need to sort out the rest of the trip now!
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

Wildman

Jameson is out of non-smoking for the entire event..

Got a room at the Comfort Inn.. still had several as of last night at 1:00AM...

Can't wait to see some old friends...

moparstuart

Quote from: Wildman on April 21, 2009, 09:55:18 AM
Jameson is out of non-smoking for the entire event..

Got a room at the Comfort Inn.. still had several as of last night at 1:00AM...

Can't wait to see some old friends...

cant wait to see old ones and make some new ones
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I would love to see more pics of the black Daytona. Any chance?
My Daytona clone is all black with no stripes. May even go with black wheels instead of the Boyd Smoothies.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Aero426

Regarding hotels, it won't matter too much which one you stay at.   All the hotels will be packed, and most of the action will be over at Tim's house and museum.   We're only going to use the motels to sleep, LOL.

There is one other option I did not mention, which is the new Hampton Inn in Alex City.       When Pam Wellborn spoke to them, they were talking $139 and later on, came back to her with, "Oh, that's a race weekend, it will probably be more" .   We dropped the conversation at that point.   They are on Travelocity right now with a $179 rate for AAA.

Wildman

It's just a blast to see so many Aero vehicles in one place! When I got there last time I was getting fuel at the Shell station down the road which was pay before you pump.. I went in to pay and the lady told me I could have paid afterwards because its not like I could get away driving a vehicle like that.. ;) about that time a yellow bird pulled in along with a blue one and even a dega' the lady just dropped her jaw! :laugh:

Dave Kanofsky

We're in at the Best Western

(We had some customer service issues with The Jameson in '04.  Like they wouldn't give us a hose to wash the cars, and be sure to the first in line to check out early Sunday morning - when the entire place empties out at 4am the lone person at the front desk was a bit overwhelmed.)

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on April 21, 2009, 01:06:19 PM

(We had some customer service issues with The Jameson in '04.  Like they wouldn't give us a hose to wash the cars, and be sure to the first in line to check out early Sunday morning - when the entire place empties out at 4am the lone person at the front desk was a bit overwhelmed.)

That is something we will need to address this time around.   Thanks for mentioning it.

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: DougSchellinger on April 21, 2009, 01:07:35 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on April 21, 2009, 01:06:19 PM

That is something we will need to address this time around.   Thanks for mentioning it.

And in the little breakfast room, if you used the waffle maker and the toaster at the same time it would trip the breaker.

I truly hope they have all of these issues worked out so everyone staying there has a pleasant time.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Aero426

Update - If you are making reservations at the BEST WESTERN, please use the local number of (256) 234-6311, rather than going through the national 800 number.   

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: DougSchellinger on April 21, 2009, 03:04:50 PM
Update - If you are making reservations at the BEST WESTERN, please use the local number of (256) 234-6311, rather than going through the national 800 number.  

Good point - the 800 number couldn't give me the low rate - I had to call the local number.  The lady I talked to, Sherree, was very nice.

Big Bird

just booked 2 rooms w/ double beds each @ Best Western Horseshoe Inn, (non-smoking). Got the club discount rates for 4 nites. Sheeree took good care of me . Hurry-up though, filling up rapidly she said
BIG - BIRD :)

nitrometal

I got a room at the Jameson last night.   :yesnod:

Question?

This will be my first Winged Warrior meet.

Is there some sort of welcoming committee or check-in info package when you arrive that has a schedule and directions?  Or does everyone meet in the parking lot and wing it from there?

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Aero426

There will be a packet to pick up, and we will probably have that going on Wed night and Thursday morning at the Jameson, and Thursday afternoon at Tim's house.    Tim's place is really close to the hotels and will not be hard to locate.

70Sbird

I'm In! :2thumbs:
I just booked at the Comfort Inn.
Doug, I won't be arriving until late Thursday, will packets available Friday at the Jameson as well?
Also, can you tell me if I have already registered or not?
Thanks
Scott

Scott Faulkner

nitrometal

Quote from: 70Sbird on April 23, 2009, 08:49:41 AM
Also, can you tell me if I have already registered or not?
Thanks
Scott

Do you have to be registered to the Winged Warriors Club to attend?

Thanks for the update Doug!  :2thumbs:

Also, I made a pun above and didn't realize it....I asked if we were gonna "wing it"!!!   :rofl:
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com