News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA '09 THREAD

Started by pettybird, April 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

Question about photos....did anyone take photos of the Halloween costumes?  My wife wants to see how the Petty racing uniform that she made for me came out.  I stupidly didn't have someone use my camera to snap a shot although I know that I posed for several other people.  I'll post this in the other Talladega threads to see if anyone has one.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

A383Wing

You could always put it back on and have her take a pic for us all to see....  :D

nitrometal

Quote from: A383Wing on November 09, 2009, 09:09:38 PM
You could always put it back on and have her take a pic for us all to see....  :D

Actually, I wore it at the Talladega Museum the next day when it was cold & raining and found out the hard way some of those patches she made for the uniform weren't colorfast.  That was a shame because I thought they looked great.  If someone has a shot I'll post it up here.  What was amazing was Tim Wellborn's museum had some real vintage uniforms on display and it looked just like them.  For a budget costume I was really proud of what she did.

hotrod98

Howie may be asking your wife to make him a Petty racing uniform. He's buying my Superbird clone project and building a Petty car. Now he'll have a nascar Daytona clone and a Petty Superbird clone. He's always trying to one-up me.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparnutty on November 06, 2009, 10:54:56 PM
Troy, Thanks for letting us follow you back to the hotel........Ken

Ken,, it was great hanging out with you and Marvin Sunday after the race.. Great stories and talk over dinner...  has far as letting you follow us, it was my honor to have you as a cruising wingman... Your C500's great. Hope to tag up again in the near future...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Aero426

Charlie Glotzbach brought out his old Dodge Good Guys white hat and sunglasses.  

Charlie pretending to be Sheriff Joe Higgins with Tim Wellborn

These guys went all out for creativity...

A383Wing

nitrometal

Quote from: Aero426 on February 11, 2009, 02:24:59 PM
Here's an updated event schedule of what's going on. 

Wednesday – October 28th – Arrival day

Thursday – October 29th –

Friday – October 30th -  We will gather mid-morning at the Wellborn Museum with special guest Dennis Gage of "My Classic Car".  Tim has refurbished an older car dealership into a 1970 Chrysler dealership. 

Saturday – October 31st –

Hey Guys,

I was watching an episode of "My Classic Car" with Dennis Gage today and it got me to thinking that I thought he was scheduled to be at the Talladega meet.  So, I went back in the thread and sure enough I found it mentioned in the edited post above.
Was he there and I missed him?

jonw29

Yeah Nitro.What happened to that deal?I had forgotten all about it.JW

Aero426

Quote from: jonw29 on January 24, 2010, 07:51:16 PM
Yeah Nitro.What happened to that deal?I had forgotten all about it.JW

Dennis cancelled late in the game due to some other commitment.   

hergfest

Since this thread was rebrought up...this was just south of Memphis, TN.
At the light

I got him off the line...

But he got me in the end

The infamous Sean Machado and myself.  Thanks to Derrick for the pics.