News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Track Disassembly

Started by sdcharger, April 05, 2008, 09:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdcharger

I want to clean up and repaint my seat tracks from my 70 charger. Does anybody know how to disassemble the individual tracks so I can clean out and re-grease them?  Or do you just sandblast the whole unit, paint, and then re-grease?

onebadmopar

i took my right side aprt because i had to fabricate a drivers side its kinda a pain in the butt but doable  only problem i,d see in sandblasting and painting them with out taking them apart is the sand blast wouldsurely get stuck in the grease thats in the seat track  and be tuff to get out i would imagine

Ghoste

sdcharger

Thanks guys.  That's a good point.  Maybe I'll just strip the paint from the rest of it and leave the track alone.

Back N Black

I blasted mine no problems, just gave the sliders a good flush with brake cleaner and then blow it with an air gun. A good coat of self-etching primer and paint and your good to go.

sdcharger

Wow, those look awesome.  Do they reproduce the studs, or are those carriage bolts?

BB1

Did you put new bolts on the bottom? Where did you get them, mine are broken.
Delete my profile

Dodge Don

Good job. On 70 Charger non-6 way assemblies the spring should be yellow as pictured. The studs can be replaced just make sure you use high strength studs. The seat spacers can be bought from Year One etc.

Back N Black

Quote from: sdcharger on April 12, 2008, 11:03:26 PM
Wow, those look awesome.  Do they reproduce the studs, or are those carriage bolts?

They are carriage bolts that i got at a local hardware store, i just tack welded them in there.

Moparrulzzz

Them yellow springs, is there a source for them? I am missing one and the other is pulled way out of shape. I was going to take a good one to the hardware store to see if I could find a similar one, but if anyone knows if they are available I would lvery much like to know!!
Then tracks look very nice, I blasted mine sprayed them down with brake kleen and blew it all out. Primed them and painted and greased the hell out of them and they work perfect now. And to think I almost pitched them because they were so rusted they wouldn't slide!!..Glad I put a little time in them!!
Chuck